YesNoOk

MacMugen Beta 1.0 (v2 nearly done, read Edit for more info) (Read 772434 times)

Started by skullstrider45, June 29, 2009, 12:14:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: MacMugen Released!!! (New DMG file uploaded!)
#21  July 05, 2009, 04:33:13 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:10:59 am by BigBoss
#22  July 05, 2009, 01:18:04 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Known issues:
-you'll start to get lag at first, but after awhile it should run perfectly

Noticed this. So um... What is... "awhile" exactly?

And when can MacMugen with WinMUGEN+ be expected?
#23  July 06, 2009, 12:10:27 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#24  July 06, 2009, 02:07:16 am
Known issues:
-you'll start to get lag at first, but after awhile it should run perfectly

Noticed this. So um... What is... "awhile" exactly?

And when can MacMugen with WinMUGEN+ be expected?
well what i ment in awhile is that at first run you'll get lag but after a couple more runs (maybe 6-8) on the game it should be fine though thats not for sure so right now i'm working on getting rid of the lag but it might b awhile. As for winmugen+ you'll expect a release by next week
#25  July 07, 2009, 01:46:43 pm
  • Nobodies.. Heartless they're all the same right..?
    • www.SpriteZoneX.webs.com
Hello Skull Strider it's me again i got it working (had to download 2.2.1 X11 (Xquarts) :)) thanks for this but i need to ask something why is it in spanish i can't understand it at all :( and it asks me for a file in the beginning and im like wtf what file!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? well thanks for this anyways :)
Ragnaroc444 is Dante....

Finally got my sig up
#26  July 09, 2009, 08:30:32 pm
    • Imafucking-g.com
Thank You
#27  July 10, 2009, 03:51:46 pm
Hello Skull Strider it's me again i got it working (had to download 2.2.1 X11 (Xquarts) :)) thanks for this but i need to ask something why is it in spanish i can't understand it at all :( and it asks me for a file in the beginning and im like wtf what file!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!? well thanks for this anyways :)
go to the options tab and it should say the language in there
#28  July 16, 2009, 10:51:26 pm
  • Keepin' it SSStylish!
    • USA
I'm trying to get this running on a Mac Mini running OS X 10.5.7, but every time I try to do anything besides launch it (which seems to work fine) I get an error message that says "Unable to write to C:\Program Files\mwc4h\Win Mugen\data\mugen.cfg"

I guess there's something I need to update, or change in the settings?
Wow. I've never seen a talking mutt before.
#29  July 17, 2009, 01:02:30 am
  • +1 to whoever added Godzilla to the main index.
If you are playing from the DMG that might be the problem.
i think we should call it an "engine" so we don't look like total idiots because otherwise we'd be arguing about a "game" and that would be somehow "dumber" than arguing about an "engine" on the "internet" for countless hours

Iced said:
I for one, do not enjoy round corners!  :bigcry:
But they hurt much less when we accidentally hit them!  :S
#30  July 17, 2009, 09:31:08 pm
  • Yo I'm the best maang. I diiiiiiiiiid it.
    • Puerto Rico
    • Skype - solknightx
So are there specific system requirements for this thing to run? My girlfriend has Mac 10.5.7 and she can't even open the DMG file.
#31  July 17, 2009, 09:37:48 pm
  • Keepin' it SSStylish!
    • USA
Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:48:20 pm by Boradis
#32  July 20, 2009, 10:33:13 am
  • Keepin' it SSStylish!
    • USA
After playing with this for a couple of days, I find it runs MUCH faster if the DirectX mode is set to "none." Even on my little MacBook 2Ghz Core 2 Duo, using a resolution of 640x480, color depth 8 and high resolution, the frame rate is a solid 50 with two GokuHRs fighting it out.
Only problem then is that the colors are partly inverted -- all the skin tones are blue, the background of the select screen is orange. But darks are still darks, and lights are still lights.

Any thoughts?
#33  July 21, 2009, 02:17:14 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
So as soon as I saw this, I got very excited!  While I can't create stuff on the mac side of things, when I switch from PC to Mac on my partitioned drive, I can just add completed things and play on my mac.  So after downloading little Ken, here's what I got:

ogg sound files seem jumpy.  I use them for my select screen, intro and main screen.  They sound fine in other mac and pc applications that I use and work fine in my PC version of Winmugen.

Can't get the controllers to work.  Jesuszilla asked about this and you gave him a link, but the page doesn't open for me.  Honestly, I can't even get my keyboard to work (I'm using a Macbook, it's about 2 years old).

I tried using the arena since I don't need to use any controller there.  The game runs alright on the default 320x240 at 8 bit color with no double res.  Still skips frames here and there.  Once I bump up the vid size, the game becomes unmanageably slow.  Not sure if this is the lag you spoke of.  Could be my vid card.

It's a nice engine to have.  I'll probably use it for watch mode and tournaments when I'm doing Mac stuff.  Thanks for the release.

New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#34  August 02, 2009, 12:08:09 am
i don't have my installation disk, as anyone had success, running it without it

is there a specific icon or folder im spose to be activating to try to start, the ken logo i guess?
#35  August 02, 2009, 05:27:06 am
i don't have my installation disk, as anyone had success, running it without it

is there a specific icon or folder im spose to be activating to try to start, the ken logo i guess?
u see the technology to this wrapper mimics windows in order to play mugen on mac. just act as if it were a real c drive. when u first click it ask you were mugen is so the correct file path should be, "c:/program files/mwc4h/Win Mugen" and it should be self explanatory from there.
#36  August 02, 2009, 05:31:43 am
After playing with this for a couple of days, I find it runs MUCH faster if the DirectX mode is set to "none." Even on my little MacBook 2Ghz Core 2 Duo, using a resolution of 640x480, color depth 8 and high resolution, the frame rate is a solid 50 with two GokuHRs fighting it out.
Only problem then is that the colors are partly inverted -- all the skin tones are blue, the background of the select screen is orange. But darks are still darks, and lights are still lights.

Any thoughts?
strange. i seemed to test out your settings and i got the same results. i'm at the moment trying to use a winewrapper created by doh from the team and it works with mwc but got a few problems running the game itself.  I'll just stick to the original wrapper and just start adding a few important drivers in order to get this running correctly

btw u have to run this in hardware mode to get rid of lag permanently.
Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:28:33 am by skullstrider45
#37  August 06, 2009, 05:30:34 am
So as soon as I saw this, I got very excited!  While I can't create stuff on the mac side of things, when I switch from PC to Mac on my partitioned drive, I can just add completed things and play on my mac.  So after downloading little Ken, here's what I got:

ogg sound files seem jumpy.  I use them for my select screen, intro and main screen.  They sound fine in other mac and pc applications that I use and work fine in my PC version of Winmugen.

Can't get the controllers to work.  Jesuszilla asked about this and you gave him a link, but the page doesn't open for me.  Honestly, I can't even get my keyboard to work (I'm using a Macbook, it's about 2 years old).

I tried using the arena since I don't need to use any controller there.  The game runs alright on the default 320x240 at 8 bit color with no double res.  Still skips frames here and there.  Once I bump up the vid size, the game becomes unmanageably slow.  Not sure if this is the lag you spoke of.  Could be my vid card.

It's a nice engine to have.  I'll probably use it for watch mode and tournaments when I'm doing Mac stuff.  Thanks for the release.

like i said, u may need to run this on hardware mode so it can run smoothly
#38  August 07, 2009, 04:08:49 am
  • StormEX Team Advisor
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39  August 09, 2009, 01:47:38 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
How do you run in Hardware mode?
#40  August 09, 2009, 01:49:58 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
oh cool i recommend this to my friend who has a mac :sugoi:
Welcome to the House of Fighting.