YesNoOk

Goddamnit China (Read 2333 times)

Started by Iced, August 15, 2008, 09:03:20 pm
Share this topic:
Goddamnit China
#1  August 15, 2008, 09:03:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Chinese officials belatedly admit that the world's top classical Chinese dancer was paralyzed for life after a prop malfunctioned during rehearsal
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-chinese-danceraug15,0,2964490.story

Earlier this week it come around that the little girl that was supposed to sing the song on the opening was deemed too ugly by officials and was replaced with a cuter one to sing the first one song.
Re: Goddamnit China
#2  August 15, 2008, 09:39:58 pm
As a former foreign resident of that country, let me just four words:

"Tip of the Iceberg"
#3  August 15, 2008, 09:43:16 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
read this in my local newspaper.

it was entertaining and sad...
I wonder, if anyone really believes those two girl gymnasts are 16!
#4  August 15, 2008, 10:00:10 pm
  • SNK is life
The lipsynch was so goddamn obvious I didn't think it'd be controversial.
#5  August 15, 2008, 10:02:15 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#6  August 15, 2008, 10:05:49 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
really?
that's pretty terrible.
but, it's a different culture I guess. I always thought the provincial kids were raised to respect Mother China, the way they did in United Supreme Soviet Republics.
#7  August 16, 2008, 12:14:47 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
Earlier this week it come around that the little girl that was supposed to sing the song on the opening was deemed too ugly by officials and was replaced with a cuter one to sing the first one song.
How is that any different than how the US packages all media?

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#8  August 16, 2008, 12:28:30 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
1- announcing that a little girl is gonna sing a song and replace her for being ugly.
2- still using the little girl recording , lip synching with someone cuter
3- being the kind of common behaviour of a country where every living being is a cog in the giant machine and the individuality is stripped in favor of the MOTHER China.

America does pretty shitty things, but this is ridiculous and shows that they are so worried about looking good that they pay little to no care about their persons in order to look good.
#9  August 16, 2008, 12:36:24 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada

America does pretty shitty things, but this is ridiculous and shows that they are so worried about looking good that they pay little to no care about their persons in order to look good.

I counter with this:

John McCain said:
We will stay in Iraq.

And come on, beauty pageants are much worse than what China pulled.
#10  August 16, 2008, 01:31:59 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
pretending that the child celebrity that just snapped her back and wont ever walk again is alright by ignoring it and pretending it didnt happened until they are forced to admit?
Putting a child singer dubbing a better looking child singer cuz they are gonna represent the mother state?
At least the girls that enter beauty pageants do it out of their own accord or their parents, arent forced by the STATE to do it.
#11  August 16, 2008, 04:52:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
do not victimize the chinesse people, though. Remember that a government is the representation of the people it governs.
#12  August 16, 2008, 05:33:13 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Not this one!
#13  August 16, 2008, 06:34:11 pm
  • Bounty Hunting.....FOR PROFIT!
I'd have Yatta on the stage so they can marinate on it for a while.
#14  August 16, 2008, 08:06:04 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I'm not suprised. I mean they've imprisoned hundreds of their freelance journalists bec. they're too paranoid and been doing it for years now. They're actually doing this on a much more higher level during today's Olympics. A lot of them die bec. they treat them like they're criminals.
#15  August 16, 2008, 08:26:20 pm
    • Germany
They enhanced the fireworks on TV, adding more effects than were actually there. How pathetic is that. Heh.

Oh and I agree, this little girl incident is not really something you can use as an argument for a thesis like "china's government is worse than the USA's".. in fact, it's such a trifle it falls off the scale in this context.
#16  August 16, 2008, 08:38:03 pm
  • I got a PM.
Being an angry American I have to say that me country as of late has been Orwellian. But in our defense when we look at China and Russia I have to say that we are not nearly as bad to our own people. As far as the bull shit we have been doing around the rest of the world well we really don't have any right to complain about it right now.

And I don't know who said that government represent their people but I can tell you that China Russia England and the USA do not represent their people.

The good part about America is that the people are still in parts of the equation and can stop a few things the problem is we are to busy using our Iphones or if you are poor to busy trying to pay for Gas, to give a flying fuck about what the government is doing.

Take our next election, between all of the bad shit loosing our rights, and shittly little wars the real issue next election is going to be our economy. Not what the government is doing else where but what we are not doing here.

I have a good feeling that soon we will be returning back to the Ideals of JFK and we will be leading the world towards a better place. This even includes our influences over China.

Just hold your noses a little bit longer because soon we will be getting rid of the smell of shit that has been coming from over here.
#17  August 16, 2008, 10:05:51 pm
  • SNK is life
in our defense when we look at China and Russia I have to say that we are not nearly as bad to our own people.
Remember, it's only cheating if you get caught!

America is well known worldwide for managing media to their advantage, so you, my friend shamrock, having the perception that your government isn't as bad as other countries' just because your prez hasn't been exposed doesn't mean it's better.

He who controls information, controls history. China is not in full control of the media for whatever reason, so getting caught makes them bad people? No, just not good Media Managers :P
#18  August 16, 2008, 10:11:44 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I'm more outraged that they computer enhanced their fireworks than anything else.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#19  August 16, 2008, 10:33:35 pm
    • Germany
The official reason is "because the camera take probably doesn't look very nice". Dunno, that does sound kinda reasonable. Also, they only duplicated the real fireworks in CGI, so no additional effects. Though sources vary about that piece of info.
#20  August 16, 2008, 10:47:22 pm
It's still to make it look better, because they want to impress everyone with how much effort they put into the preparation and how much their ceremony is the most beautiful EVAH.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.