YesNoOk

College [Tips, HU, Experiences] (Read 8301 times)

Started by ViBeZ, July 30, 2018, 01:06:34 am
Share this topic:
College [Tips, HU, Experiences]
#1  July 30, 2018, 01:06:34 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
Time really flies discovering this website in MS and then now going off to start college at a time like this. I’m abit anxious about all this so I wanna hear some of your experiences @ College and your own personal tips and such
Re: College [Tips, HU, Experiences]
#2  July 30, 2018, 05:57:00 pm
if someone gave you drugs keep it and sell it later.

there's nothing to be anxious about , college is the same as high school the only difference is that you manage your schedule yourself , and a lot of people talk like they know what they're doing but in reality they don't.  listen to the lectures alot of important stuff are discussed in classes , i passed most of my subjects with out buying books well except if your professor required it cause she's the fucking author and wants to rip off her students.
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 06:00:10 pm by 地獄の花
#3  July 30, 2018, 05:58:17 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^ this guy gets it.
This is a generic forum signature.
#4  July 31, 2018, 09:07:27 am
    • USA
if someone gave you drugs keep it and sell it later.

there's nothing to be anxious about , college is the same as high school the only difference is that you manage your schedule yourself , and a lot of people talk like they know what they're doing but in reality they don't.  listen to the lectures alot of important stuff are discussed in classes , i passed most of my subjects with out buying books well except if your professor required it cause she's the fucking author and wants to rip off her students.

Alright because my friend told bout a teacher tht barely comes Nd that got me thinking how stuff like that would cut into his tuition. And I was never heavy on the books part either but thanks for summing it up for
#5  September 18, 2018, 04:44:46 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE focus on your studies but also focus on your social life as well cause college can be a great experience but can also be the worst LMAO
#6  September 19, 2018, 12:24:51 pm
    • Thailand
Don't go to college and build up debt for a useless degree that won't get you a job. Quit while you're ahead. Employers are getting rid of the college requirement these days anyway. All you'll end up doing is making yourself a wage slave to pay off debt that can't be forgiven because your college wanted you to take an expensive mandatory class that consists of "Why Blue People are oppressed by Red People."

Mostly disregard that if you're going for something that involves something resembling actual stem, Otherwise, don't waste your time. Especially if you're going to live on campus.

(Unless you have a full scholarship and want to waste some years of your life because you feel like it.)
#7  September 24, 2018, 05:04:00 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Don't go to college and build up debt for a useless degree that won't get you a job. Quit while you're ahead. Employers are getting rid of the college requirement these days anyway. All you'll end up doing is making yourself a wage slave to pay off debt that can't be forgiven because your college wanted you to take an expensive mandatory class that consists of "Why Blue People are oppressed by Red People."

Mostly disregard that if you're going for something that involves something resembling actual stem, Otherwise, don't waste your time.Especially if you're going to live on campus.

(Unless you have a full scholarship and want to waste some years of your life because you feel like it.)
The bolded parts that I have highlighted is especially important in today's world and especially with the issue of Student Debt keep on popping up in the list of important issues. If you are going to collage for anything other than STEM, might as well drop out right now and save yourself a bunch of money and grief later in life.

Speaking of money, try to plan your collage career in the way that it will save you the most amount of money possible. That means not taking useless classes unless absolutely forced to by your department, not wasting any time completing your degree, and maybe considering other options that is availiable to you for your education. For example, my local community collage has a program where I will spend the first two years of my collage career over there and then I will transfer to my preferred collage with all of my credit hours intact. This helped saved so much money like you wouldn't believe. I know that this advice might be late, but you should do some searching around if there's a similar program available.

If you have any questions for us, ask. We are happy to help.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#8  September 24, 2018, 06:12:24 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#9  September 24, 2018, 12:05:47 pm
it's called hustling.

i only took lsd one time when i was in college , i end up 250 km away from the city woke up in someone's house , bed was nice and i ate the best chicken porridge i ever had. and it was a nice house too up in the mountains not much people.

but after that if someone gives me drugs at party i just pocket it and give it away for either favors or gas money.

alot of colleges and universities today have bullshit subjects and courses that they force their student to take. make sure to research what kind of school you're going to.
Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:18:33 pm by 地獄の花
#10  February 16, 2020, 04:14:26 am
    • USA
Ok so I'm improving but lemme say this though, BULLSHIT . still going to get my credits though. Thank you yall!
#11  February 16, 2020, 08:01:07 am
1st year is easy it's basically like high school eh? did they force you to get one of those bullshit classes universities want to push?
#12  February 18, 2020, 02:31:21 pm
    • USA
1st year is easy it's basically like high school eh? did they force you to get one of those bullshit classes universities want to push?

There's this combined remedial and credited math course that gets us started but besides that its all good actually
#13  February 25, 2020, 12:41:38 am
  • all is love in fair and war
when I was in uni a lifetime ago (late 90's early 00)  in my country,there was transitional period in the faculty and some of the subjects I have finished were no longer in the new curriculum, and there were more new subjects prerequired to advance to another subjects I planned to take on that following semester, it was a mess, there was conversion system so I could convert credits earned from the erased subjects to buy pass for the new subjects, but then I only got mediocre mark on those old subjects that didn't interest me,  so instead I just let lots of credit burned and retook new classes in the end I spent 1 year worth of extra time or so

... in the end it doesn't matter since after 7yrs spent in architecture gotten my degree, I end up living doing comic freelancing, guess it still helps with drawing buildings in the background
#14  February 25, 2020, 01:01:27 am
  • stressed weeb
    • USA
    • derpyhawk@gmail.com
graduating in may and def the most important thing that comes to my mind is to get involved on campus and talk to people. It can be whatever you want but just join a club, sport, or extra curricular or whatever. You'll be amazed by how quickly your social circle grows and the amount of people you can rely on increase. Extra curricular are what have defined my college experience
#15  March 03, 2020, 10:21:27 pm
    • USA
Y'all are of great help and everything, going to start periodically checking this thread. Wanna hear more of y'all College/Vocational/Trade School ventures. :)
#16  March 04, 2020, 12:10:30 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
College is the best time to get a good girlfriend; it gets exponentially harder both before and after it.

Do not make enemies for dumb reasons, since all of you are studying similar things you will end up meeting each other later in life, like it or not. it's better for that meeting to be positive.
#17  March 04, 2020, 02:10:26 am
    • USA
College is the best time to get a good girlfriend; it gets exponentially harder both before and after it.

Do not make enemies for dumb reasons, since all of you are studying similar things you will end up meeting each other later in life, like it or not. it's better for that meeting to be positive.

Emphasis on GOOD