YesNoOk

Ms Paint Mugen Project (Read 131600 times)

Started by Bea, October 12, 2009, 12:52:32 am
Re: Ms Paint Mugen Project
#41  October 12, 2009, 07:04:29 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
What are the plans for the game's general system? Number of buttons to be used (to do what?), standard animations, number of power levels, etc?...
Or is that kind of thing left to each individual character?

Stuff like Puzzle Fighter and Super Cosplay War Ultra keeps coming to mind as I think about this, as it'd allow characters to shift looks around to look like favoured characters for specific moves/animations, while the reduced number of attack buttons would keep things simpler for the people drawing the sprites.

Bea

#42  October 12, 2009, 07:08:53 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
It'll follow Real Bout Fatal Fury button layout, with punch, "kick" and fierce.
The combo system will draw inspiration from it too, with predefined attack chains.

There will be one power level for ONE super attack, and when low on health, the ultra will be available if the power bar is full.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#43  October 12, 2009, 07:43:23 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
I couldn't resist and scribbled a horrible depiction of Sepp for a BG for somebody else to improve on - or for Sepp himself to reject:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I still stand by my previously stated announcer idea.
#44  October 12, 2009, 11:27:40 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
i doubt im that big of a personality in the community but ill gladly help with stages :P

will there be cross community "teams", kof style, where there would be a team for each of the bigger/vocal communities?
#45  October 13, 2009, 12:34:10 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
Can we have VinnyJ in a stage
Welcome to the House of Fighting.

OZ

#46  October 13, 2009, 01:31:07 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I guess if I were in the game I'd wear a suit and fight Freeman or Iori style.
I'd be more creative, but I'm tired.
ಠ_ಠ
#47  October 13, 2009, 01:32:23 am
    • baragon.webs.com/
And your hyper/finisher/Basara KO/etc would be you saying something funny.

#48  October 13, 2009, 01:57:23 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
There will be one power level for ONE super attack, and when low on health, the ultra will be available if the power bar is full.

Hmmm... AoF-ish...

The power bar is supposed to be handled by SF standards, raising by attacking, something else, or is there room for character customization there?

The idea of joining the cast feels interesting, dunno... I take it having the character's look change a bit with each attack would be an option like in the games I mentioned?
I kinda like the idea of doing stuff like having the character change into a black outfit to look like The Undertaker for a throw, get a yellow streak in the hair for an energy attack like Chonrei, hammerspace out a weapon for the strong attacks, etc...
I wonder how Iced would draw me in that style =P
#49  October 13, 2009, 02:15:29 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
Needs Wild Tengu for final boss.

First Form

Second Form

Thanks alot to CyberLizard and Yageoshi for immortalizing me.
Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 02:32:22 am by Wild Tengu

Bea

#50  October 13, 2009, 02:20:37 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Loona:

Power bar will work sort of Real Boutish, where it starts to decrease after being full.

Mid attack transformations might be possible, if they're not too complex. You know, have some pity for Cad and Iced, who will be drawing all this mess. :P
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#51  October 13, 2009, 03:41:39 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
This is fucking awesome.

I want in :o

We all want in. But Caddie already having reference material for you makes it a lot easier for someone to be included (I would think, anyway).

Speaking of which,

I have a leg up in this race...possibly. All that's left for me to do is jam Caddie's and Bea's PM boxes full of beg-tastic character inclusion requests.

I'm also going to have to edit that sprite to look, err, skinny-ish - while most people see other users on forums based off of their avatars, I at least want the character to resemble me even in the slightest. At least the lack of a mustache if covered.
Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:03:18 am by Vegeta 20XX, the Neo-Titlin
#52  October 13, 2009, 06:48:06 am
    • USA
This is the awesomest idea ever.  After the initial 8-10 character release, expect a flood of new-selfs made to fit the game's scale and style.

I'm totally going to make me...
#53  October 13, 2009, 01:15:55 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
#54  October 13, 2009, 04:23:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You guys  need to be more visual in your description, specify the "theme" you want it to adhere, generally.

And remember, fun trumps powerful.
#55  October 13, 2009, 06:11:00 pm
Hello, hello.

So... I'm taking a break from SF2Nes and I want to do something silly.

With that in mind, I talked to Caddie and to Iced about an idea to make a Mugen game using actual Mugen people drawn in Caddie's MS Paint style that will actually see a release in the future.  :P

The general idea is to have a small roster of mugen people like me, Cad, Titlin, Iced among a few others in a silly tournament held by a certain dictator.
Iced and Caddie would take care of the spriting, and all the programming would be done by me, avoiding the common full game project pitfall of relying on lots of people to work together for a common objective.
We saw one project too many fail due to that.

Those who want to join can post here the general idea of how he would look and fight, and if approved are expected to do the voice over for their character.
Keep in mind that we'll select mostly the prominent people of the Mugen community, and those with balanced gameplay ideas.
Overpowered character ideas will be discarded at sight.

Here are a few samples of what this game shall look like.

http://caddie.smeenet.org/cadvsrol.gif - Caddie art (T Caddie vs Rolento)
http://www.smeenet.org/images/mspaint/cadvsiced.PNG - Iced art (T Caddie vs Iced)
http://caddie.smeenet.org/biapaint2.gifhttp://caddie.smeenet.org/cadpaint.gif - Caddie Art (Bea and Caddie)
http://www.smeenet.org/images/mspaint/potsvsrikkie.PNG - Iced art (Pots and Rikard)

Regards,

Bea.

#56  October 13, 2009, 06:49:14 pm
    • Germany
#57  October 13, 2009, 07:54:55 pm
This is a high-res MS-Paint sprite of ME!!!

I can't find the thing to make the lines thicker. Haven't drawn with MS-Paint in almost 15 years.
#58  October 13, 2009, 08:00:59 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
i jizzed mahself lol

BC

#59  October 13, 2009, 08:13:15 pm
    • UK
Accepting commissions
#60  October 13, 2009, 08:28:51 pm
Oh...I didn't know that affected the pencil tool.