YesNoOk

Real Lucky (aka, Evil Lucky...bleh) update! (Read 22053 times)

Started by #Shaun, October 13, 2007, 04:48:13 pm
Share this topic:
Real Lucky (aka, Evil Lucky...bleh) update!
#1  October 13, 2007, 04:48:13 pm
  • corner push pusher
POST EDIT: Page load time was horrendous. Didn't know if it double posted or not, and I see it did  --;. Sorry! somebody delete the locked topic please

For the leechers and those who care about this update
=========================================
I've spent all last week and this week updating him on a limited time schedule, trying to debug all the stupid shit that was still in this char. Most of it is gone, but some things are still prevelant (no proj limit, small things like that).

The name "Evil Lucky" was unanimously hated by just about everyone who played with him and at some point, I started disliking the name too, so...that's the reason for the name change. Plus, this character has a lot of goofy incentives in his arsenal....only a real lucky person would have what he has  :P.

I'm pretty much done updating this char for right now. I want to move on to another project. My priorities of keeping up with him and another WIP I got going on are outta whack and need to be on track so....yeah, updating this other version of Lucky is at a halt. I've learned a lot and got a LOT of help from the guild in coding a character, and I want to put it to even more good use to a fresh new WIP.

From the doc itself
==============
==============
What's Been Done
===================================================
- 8 total strikers (G-Mantle has been replaced)
- More specials (6 dash attacks, 2 of them combo-based, basketball proj, other stuff)
- new PalFX for the supers & strikers
- deleted some stuff
- cleaned up some code
- 1 new super taken out (DB Abuse) until I get it the way I want it
- 4 new supers added (Ball Barrage, three new Dirty Bird variations)

What's Needed
===================================================
-Striker IDs did properly. they appear, then disappear when the match starts so...yeah, inactive for now.
-random Intro/Win states
-limit projectile usage
-hit sparks for the Hadouken need to be realigned
-Haste Activation (
-Throw(n) animations
-floating glitch (enables when in air pressing down+x,y,z,a,b, or c. it's not infinite; he can
 be brought back down to the 0,0 plane just by simply pressing up again.
 But still, a  nuisance)
-Sound  :P (sry, but my sound card is just shot, and I just don't have the time to get another one right now. got other responsibilities going on in life. if you really wanna hear sound just copy sander's SND file and use it with RealLucky)

I can't get Snag It to function the way I really want it to, so instead of a vid demonstration here are some pics of the strikers and his ball barrage super.

Super: Ball Barrage
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Striker: Ox

Striker: Mariah (Jojo's Bizarre Adv)

Striker: Axe Armor

Striker: Clown

Striker: Trey

I want to thank K.O.D., Siu Wong, DemonicDrPhil, [E], Demitri and everyone else that gave me help/feedback.

Click on my sig to download him.
Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 04:57:26 pm by #Shaun
Re: Real Lucky (aka, Evil Lucky...bleh) update!
#2  October 13, 2007, 05:15:38 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
-The Big and Small portraits are messed up.
-Missing required sprite : 5012.10
-Missing required animations : 150,151,152,5100
-Canceling supers into each other is a bad idea.
-Dirty bird sends opponent into invalid state (they go to their own random animation o_O)
-The reason he float's on the air during pressing down + any button is because his crouch punches/kicks triggers are statetype != S,it should be statetype = C (since Statetype !=S means that it will include both while Crouching (C) and Air (A))
-All his attacks have infinite priority (put a clsn1 box over a clsn2 box,blue over red)

That's all i could find,good luck.
#3  October 15, 2007, 04:08:08 pm
  • corner push pusher
-Missing required sprite : 5012.10
-Missing required animations : 150,151,152,5100
-Dirty bird sends opponent into invalid state (they go to their own random animation o_O)
-The reason he float's on the air during pressing down + any button is because his crouch punches/kicks triggers are statetype != S,it should be statetype = C (since Statetype !=S means that it will include both while Crouching (C) and Air (A))

Real Lucky is re-uploaded with these problems fixed. Also, his DB Dizzy projectile move actually dizzies opponents now.
#4  October 16, 2007, 12:39:20 am
  • Still in Prison...
sweet...cant wait to try him ;D
you should also update Lexi, i played her and she plays well..but you need to fix the glitchy movements, add some air combos and....maybe some hitsparks..but other than that, great characters! ^_^ ;D :sugoi:

Been Through Worse....
#5  October 16, 2007, 01:28:40 am
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com

#6  October 16, 2007, 02:30:18 am
keep up the good work, i look forward to seeing more updates on lucky and lexi
#7  October 17, 2007, 05:27:30 pm
  • corner push pusher
sweet...cant wait to try him ;D
you should also update Lexi, i played her and she plays well..but you need to fix the glitchy movements, add some air combos and....maybe some hitsparks..but other than that, great characters! ^_^ ;D :sugoi:

Yeah, I know. Building blocks, ya know...lexi was the first char I ever did for mugen, Death Bound was just a joke char that was worse than lexi, took a break for like 4 months then started with Lucky. I'll give her a much needed fix when time allows it.
#8  October 21, 2007, 06:24:02 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Late feedback because I'm late, and KOD already pointed out some of the mistakes/bugs:

- small and big portrait colors are screwed. Big portrait is misaligned.
- missing required sprite 5012,10
- CLSN boxes shouldn't move during stance
- Down+X has misaligned sprites. Maybe down+Y too.
- Down+Z leads to huge debug flood.
- Why doesn't QCF+C make the opponent fall whereas the weak versions do ? Plus, the hitpauses look really wrong.
- Why does he slide before walking forward ? Is he M. Jackson's son ? :P
- Walking backwards sprites are misaligned.
- I still don't get why he performs a basic move before each special (QCB+a/b/c and QCF+a/b/c mainly). Looks more like a bug than something intentional.
- Missing a fall and fall.recover=0 on B,F+z+c.
- I can cancel the multiple Death Bounders into themselves.
- I can do the same for Death Bound supers. Looking at the CMD, this is what we've got :
[State -1, Supers (DB Breaker 1)]
type = ChangeState
value = 2906
Triggerall = command = "DBBreaker1"
Triggerall = Command != "holddown"
Trigger1 = StateType != S
trigger2 = power >= 1000
ctrl = 1
which is not good : you should have statetype=S (stand) or statetype!=A (different from air) but not what you put. Power>=1000 should be a triggerall, and the ctrl part should be put in a trigger. In fact, it should look like this :
[State -1, Supers (DB Breaker 1)]
type = ChangeState
value = 2906
Triggerall = command = "DBBreaker1" && Command != "holddown"
TriggerAll = StateType != A && power>=1000
Trigger1 = Ctrl

- Also, the way you wrote some commands aren't really good : "Command = ~D, DF, F, ~D, DF, F, ~x" should become "Command = ~D, DF, F, D, DF, F, ~x". Of course, same goes for all the similar commands for supers.
- DB Breaker : projectile with velocity = .000001. WTF ?!
- I want my sounds !

I hope this helps you a bit. Bye