YesNoOk

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - first post updated 06.07.2012 (Read 905155 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, September 18, 2010, 01:04:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - first post updated 06.07.2012
#2181  August 06, 2013, 05:22:41 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
^ I'm just curious, can he still do his taunt->cancel spam?

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#2182  August 06, 2013, 05:40:24 pm
  • SNK is life
Dude old Ryu is in SF3 and his hair is blue and not brown and he has stubble.  There is no way to unlock that version of Ryu in Super SF2.  Maybe if you played fighting games instead of making bad Mugen videos you'd see it.
Old style characters will have their original default SSF2 palletes when you select them(i.e White gi Ryu with BROWN hair).

But please, continue to enlighten us with your so "superior" fighting game knowledge.
I had to look up the word stubble LOL

Ryu had a stubble briefly in SF2 CE

#2183  August 06, 2013, 08:05:37 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
^ I'm just curious, can he still do his taunt->cancel spam?

Yes bryan still can but his taunt trapping code is the same one used in TTT2 so it doesn't track the opponent anymore and can easily be side stepped.
#2184  August 06, 2013, 08:30:25 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Dude old Ryu is in SF3 and his hair is blue and not brown and he has stubble.  There is no way to unlock that version of Ryu in Super SF2.  Maybe if you played fighting games instead of making bad Mugen videos you'd see it.
Old style characters will have their original default SSF2 palletes when you select them(i.e White gi Ryu with BROWN hair).

But please, continue to enlighten us with your so "superior" fighting game knowledge.
I had to look up the word stubble LOL

Ryu had a stubble briefly in SF2 CE

Wait, how come you don't know what stubble means? o_O

Also Zangief wore a red shirt in his SF2 portrait.
Re: Re: Tekken X Street Fighter - Harada explains on why there a no updates.
#2185  August 06, 2013, 09:53:49 pm
  • The Goddess Returns

Posted: August 06, 2013, 12:29:53 am
don't most modern fighting game have ways so that you can set up 50%+ damage combos, I am not sure what the big deal with tekken is, maybe it's because you don't need to stock up on powerbars to do them ?

I'll answer your question then:

The main reason I mainly single out Tekken 6, TTT2 and UMvC3 is mainly because those are the main games that brought in the 80%-90% or ToD combos being "accepted" into mainstream fighting tournies.

The main reason other fighting games are left out or others don't make a huge deal out of 50% combos is the fact that in games like Blazblue, GG, DOA, Skullgirls, etc. is the fact that:
A) Doing those setups is FAR more difficult in those games than in the 3 mainly known for it. I NEVER seen a ToD combo in Blazblue and the biggest damage combo I've seen came from Hazama and that required using both of his stocks(meaning he had to lose a round and he can't combo break anymore to boot) had to have 100% meter and had to get every damn move perfectly. It's pretty much the same for all of the other listed games. GG requires the same big sacrifices that aren't really all that worth it, DOA5's biggest combo has to use Critical burst which you can only use once a round and you can be countered at anytime, and Skullgirls has you completely remembering every damn string you do so the IPS won't recognize and knock you off.

B) The main games in question mainly have an abusable comeback mechanic. X-Factor has always been known and hated and Rage can basically make a damaging combo into a ToD without much difficulty.

That's usually why I can justify not buying UMvC3 at all, it's just not worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
First little hint to Tekken 7!
#2186  August 28, 2013, 01:13:04 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
According to the Japanese blog  InaTekken, NamcoBandai revealed that they are working on Tekken 7 during a New Product Business Meeting in Tokio today. Only small detail so far is that its going to the arcades first like previous main series tekken games too and that it is developed for the arcade hardware System 478 

http://inatekken.com/articles/news/bannam-business-meeting-tekken-7.html

source http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2013/8/27/rumor-new-namco-arcade-system-478-to-be-made-title-featured.html
..this can be total bullcrap, but maybe its not

Next year is tekkens 20th anniversary.
Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:19:04 pm by Reinhold_H
#2187  August 28, 2013, 01:15:18 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?