YesNoOk

T-1000 (from Terminator 2) (Read 18871 times)

Started by CpnCrossfader, April 22, 2018, 10:04:13 pm
Share this topic:
T-1000 (from Terminator 2)
#1  April 22, 2018, 10:04:13 pm
    • UK

Another nostalgic project for me, an original character sprited/coded/built from the ground up.
Introducing the iconic villain from Terminator 2 Judgement Day, T-1000; played by Robert Patrick.

Special moves-
Back, then forward and kick = Run towards opponent with metal arms (from the chase scene), and then dive at them when close
QCF + punch = Shoot Gun
QCB + punch = Eye poke (Hospital security guard scene)
Start button = Mimic Taunt (Morphs into opponent and then performs opponent's taunt back at them)
Crouch + medium kick = Melt into floor, reappear behind opponent (Mental Hospital Scene) -see pic below
A+B or X+Y = Pauses for a moment, and if hit by an attempted ground attack, block it, morph into opponent and counter hit them back. (Inspired by Mystique by ZVitor)

One Hyper move
QCB + kick = Motorcycle "Have you seen this boy?"  -requires 1000 power

Plus lots of metal stab and close combat attacks, as expected (generally speaking, kick moves are the metal attacks, punch moves are traditional fighting attacks).
Other film references include finger wag victory celebration, a wall slam throw move (from the fight in arcade corridor), metallic split/hole damage when hit, melt/morph get up from trip, morph back to front guard block, and throat impale (scene at Foster Parents' house).

T-1000 Download

Re: T-1000 (from Terminator 2)
#2  April 22, 2018, 10:24:46 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Feeling amazed about how akwardly good the face look on that 1st screenshot.
#3  April 23, 2018, 07:49:35 am
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
I double that ^
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
#4  April 23, 2018, 04:18:16 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I'm going to need to use him on as many characters as possible to see how you handled morphing. Always great to have iconic movie characters given respectable conversions. Hope he stays that detailed in motion.
#5  April 23, 2018, 04:59:46 pm
    • UK
The way I handled the taunt morph was to use the opponent's 199 animation. If that anim doesn't exist he uses the 181. Of course, there are examples where this is not ideal; I think I played Michelangelo and he morphed into a slice of pizza or something like that (when you think about it, pretty good taunt to use against a ninja turtle, but not what I intended!).
I'm definitely open to better suggestions on this! (I.e. How to check if 199 exists, but is not the taunt. Length of anim perhaps?)

Regarding the detail, it's all drawn by me from scratch, and I'm afraid I'm not a very good artist, but if you're happy with the screenshot above then you hopefully won't be too disappointed.

I'm not precious or overprotective of my work so if anyone wants to help by making some better sprites or help with animation I would be delighted.
#6  April 30, 2018, 01:07:30 pm
  • From Brazil! Why not?
    • Brazil
    • ryouwin.smeenet.org
I'm not precious or overprotective of my work so if anyone wants to help by making some better sprites or help with animation I would be delighted.

.   If with that do you mean to make him High-Res 1.0, count with me! I wanted to make his char too.
.   Do you have a e-mail? I not found any "read-me.txt" file in your char.
- - - - -Hobby & Mugen (Smeenet version) - - - - - http://ryouwin.smeenet.org/               Last updates:
Agent Miner v.11,12,2022RoboCop S.Pack v.01,20,2022Eraya v.02,19,2022A.L.L.O.Y.(HD) v.12,25,2021
#7  April 30, 2018, 01:44:48 pm
    • UK
Sure, I'll PM you.
#8  May 01, 2018, 09:14:26 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Great released! Thanks for share. Looks really cool.