YesNoOk

Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade  (Read 377938 times)

Started by Moon Girard, February 14, 2015, 05:42:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Dissidia Final Fantasy Arcade
#301  January 25, 2018, 11:00:06 am
I've been playing it since it came out.  Been stuck to Lightning because alongside just liking the character she's also really fun to play, so I kinda skipped out on actually trying Cloud and Squall who I wanted to test before they went.  Whoops.  Tried Firion a bit as well but I just didn't understand him before he was swapped.  Trying out Sephiroth now, and it goes without saying but god damn, that sword literally stretches from one end of the screen to the other.  He's a bit slower than I like but he's still fun as well.

I also did not play the previous ones, on account of not dealing with PlayStation's handheld system(s), so I'm both lost story-wise and new to the gameplay, but it's not terribly hard to pick up and it's a whole lot of fun.  I sincerely wish there are 2v2 and 1v1 options as well, though, because getting tagged to some terrible A.I. that can cost you the match even when you are playing perfectly just sucks the fun right out of any game.

Also

Holy hell is this game pretty to look at.

It's good that your starting here because most people who played the original games and myself included are struggling to accept this game because the introduction of team gameplay and lack of RPG-like features that the originals had is really hard to adjust to. The game feels a bit dumbed down, which can be good and bad. I won't be buying it full price but I'm sure I'll grab this later down the line.
#302  January 25, 2018, 01:09:47 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So in a pre-launch livestream before the Japan release, SE dropped some hints about which characters are slated for the first wave of DLC.  Apparently, it looks like this:

New male character (from new half)
New male character (from old half)
New female character (from new half)
Female character who previously appeared in Dissidia Final Fantasy series (from new half)

Assuming that they mean numerically with "old half" meaning 1-7 and "new half" meaning 8-15, then the returning female character is probably Yuna. 
#303  January 25, 2018, 03:13:17 pm
uh. Maybe if "new half" means 3D then the returning female would more likely be Tifa, but that aside, we're just skipping almost all the 012 newcomers, and most of the NT new characters are from > 7/8 games. Dissidia started as a love letter to the old games but this time they're pushing the later entries... Weird.
The new girl could be Rinoa, Rikku (probably not), or someone like Fang ? A more in-your-face Lance user would be nice.
Not even gonna try to guess the 3 new "later half" males. Or the "old half" male (but I suppose Locke has been expected for a long time).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:16:50 pm by Byakko
#304  January 25, 2018, 04:07:27 pm
    • USA
For the ‘old half’ male character I’m going to guess it’s either Vincent (if 7 does count for that) or Minwu.  Too many to guess on the new half side, but it’d be nice to see Yda or Gaius for some more XIV representation.
#305  January 25, 2018, 08:00:10 pm
    • Netherlands
Alright so I'm guessing old half is FF1-6 and new half (3D era) is VII to 15

New male character (from new half)> I think this will be someone from recent titles in order to cross promote, maybe even someone from XV
New male character (from old half) > Locke Cole or Minwu
New female character (from new half) > I'm thinking this will be someone from FFXIII but I don't really care for XIII
New male character (from new half) > I want it to be Auron, Vivi or Vincent pretty badly prety badly
Female character who previously appeared in Dissidia Final Fantasy series (from new half)> The only options here are Prishe, Yuna and Tifa. I think it might be prishe given that XI probably won't have a second rep and hopefully
New male character (from new half) >again my hopes are on Auron, Vivi or Vincent, I think Auron or Vincent will depend on wether Tifa or Yuna get in. The devs also (sort of jokingly) mentioned that 'Zack Fair' would have to be in at some point but I seriously hope he'll be some sort of special costume/skin for Cloud.

Out of the blue guess; when KH3 nears release we get Sora as a cross promotional guest character
#306  January 25, 2018, 08:44:34 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
The devs also (sort of jokingly) mentioned that 'Zack Fair' would have to be in at some point but I seriously hope he'll be some sort of special costume/skin for Cloud.
That's the only way I see it, why the hell would they add a completely new character that looks and play almost the same as one who is already in the game!?

He also talked that he is FFT fan and would like Delita to be in this game.
Lasagna
#307  January 25, 2018, 09:04:58 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Ramza is confirmed so it would make sense to add Delita on the bad side.
#308  January 25, 2018, 11:34:00 pm
    • USA
Alright so I'm guessing old half is FF1-6 and new half (3D era) is VII to 15

New male character (from new half)> I think this will be someone from recent titles in order to cross promote, maybe even someone from XV
New male character (from old half) > Locke Cole or Minwu
New female character (from new half) > I'm thinking this will be someone from FFXIII but I don't really care for XIII
New male character (from new half) > I want it to be Auron, Vivi or Vincent pretty badly prety badly
Female character who previously appeared in Dissidia Final Fantasy series (from new half)> The only options here are Prishe, Yuna and Tifa. I think it might be prishe given that XI probably won't have a second rep and hopefully
New male character (from new half) >again my hopes are on Auron, Vivi or Vincent, I think Auron or Vincent will depend on wether Tifa or Yuna get in. The devs also (sort of jokingly) mentioned that 'Zack Fair' would have to be in at some point but I seriously hope he'll be some sort of special costume/skin for Cloud.

Out of the blue guess; when KH3 nears release we get Sora as a cross promotional guest character

I don't think Vivi's very likely, mainly because they've already got the "vertically challenged Black Mage" archetype covered with Shantotto.  It's too bad too, since Vivi's fucking cool and the rest of the FFIX crew aren't exactly super popular or well-known.  Maybe Freya?

Sora's not gonna happen either, since all the original KH characters are owned by Disney, not Square.
#309  January 26, 2018, 12:50:04 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Sora did appear in World of Final Fantasy, however.  I wouldn't write it out as an impossibility, but unless they really expect this game to be of high interest by the end of the year, when KHIII promotions should be coming around and they were up for having him show up as DLC held off for that long, it's probably not going to happen.

That said, Sora fits into the gameplay of this game like a Mickey Mouse glove.  I would love the possibility to play as him in this.

Anyways, my vote's on the new/old split being 2D to 3D rather than numerical.  And the previous new half contender is going to be Tifa.  They've been promoting her in the tie-in iOS Dissidia game.  That and Rem from Type-0, which would be an unexpected second Type-0 rep if she's the new female rep but I wouldn't be particularly against it.  Though I would also like Fang as well, she was a fun character in XIII and Lightning Returns.

It's good that your starting here because most people who played the original games and myself included are struggling to accept this game because the introduction of team gameplay and lack of RPG-like features that the originals had is really hard to adjust to. The game feels a bit dumbed down, which can be good and bad. I won't be buying it full price but I'm sure I'll grab this later down the line.
Well, I voiced my concern before about the team battles, seeing the issues apparent as well, but was told they're optional, so it's not that big an issue in that case.  The RPG element I've been iffy on every time I see the older titles.  Unless the multiplayer has everyone at default or at least mirrored levels, it always seemed to me a game that would be inherently stacked against any newcomer.  Like, I think of it like Pokémon, where if they didn't keep everyone at level 50 and lock specific broken characters, everyone would just be running rampant at max level with unfair choices, likely gotten easily through cheats and just kill off anyone's desire to play online.

I mean, it sounds real cool in single-player, and it's not completely gone with some level of customization still present here, or at least in the open beta it seemed so.  But for multiplayer, I'd rather the bonuses one can achieve for themselves be limited to cosmetic differences at most.
Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 12:58:24 am by Long John Killer
#310  February 21, 2018, 01:20:24 am
    • USA
New free DLC stage just got announced:  Orbonne Monastery from FF Tactics

#311  March 13, 2018, 01:54:01 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
New Character confirmed:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#312  March 13, 2018, 02:25:09 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Vayne should have been in friggin 012.

Whatever, good to see him now.

I just want Gilgamesh back. I'll buy the game when they add him.
#313  May 16, 2018, 12:08:54 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#314  May 17, 2018, 10:51:42 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Motherfucking LOCKE!?

Wow...a surprise among all surprises...
For fuck's sake, keep this up! Give us more and more characters like this.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#315  May 18, 2018, 06:47:38 am
    • Netherlands
Locke was my #1 most wanted character so I'm glad we -finally- got him after all these years. Now if we could only get Vincent Valentine and Auron
#316  May 18, 2018, 06:53:25 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Locke is great, I wished he was in 012 but I'm glad he's here!

Maybe I'll buy this game later when I get my PS4 back.
#317  May 18, 2018, 11:37:32 am
Now that's what I call a confirming char like this.
Now I'm interested in this game.
#318  July 10, 2018, 07:01:45 pm
    • USA
Next DLC character is Rinoa.

#319  July 14, 2018, 09:52:24 am
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
so happy they added her
I need more PSN friends
#320  September 20, 2018, 01:57:45 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Kinda late but...

Lasagna