YesNoOk

Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC) (Read 1009348 times)

Started by Moon Girard, June 09, 2017, 04:33:13 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)
#761  July 29, 2018, 02:27:23 pm
i never said xenoverse , i said budokai.

lui

#762  July 29, 2018, 02:40:58 pm
    • USA
tbh it applies to both
#763  July 29, 2018, 04:45:58 pm
Vegeta black hair :yaoming: Well vegeta trailer didnt impress me to be honest. because he still shares lot of moves from the other 2 Vegetas in the game.  :mokay:
He has Gallick Gun, that's one move, and I'm not sure the rocket kick is a special or works the same way as the other two Vegetas. The problem with those trailer is that when you see they spend most of the time showing the basic lmh launch air lm combo, you know he'll have only two specials. Here, he's got the dirty fireworks probably as his lmhh combo, then you get a glimpse of his Kienzan and the teleport throat crush with both knees that killed Burta, then the supers. Even if he still has the rocket kick, those two moves massively change him from the need to get real close (or just spam fireballs) to a long range sniper who keeps you away.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 04:50:57 pm by Byakko
#764  July 29, 2018, 05:17:49 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
i never said xenoverse , i said budokai.

But you mentioned it and the other guy said it (along with Budokai) can't be taken seriously because of the RPG elements, but the real problem with Xenoverse is poor balancing (even moreso than Tenkaichi and that's saying a lot) and overall bad game design. I mean you can kill a generic Frieza grunt (who's a playable character let I remind it) with one combo using someone like Nappa while his attacks barely do anything simply because Nappa's attack and defense points are so much greater.

Budokai, for all my love and appreciation for the games, isn't the best comparison either because it wasn't made for Esports (mainly because the demand wasn't there). You also had to jump through hoops to unlock a lot of things which can be tedious.
Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 05:35:10 pm by D. HoChoy
#765  July 30, 2018, 03:05:37 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Vegeta black hair :yaoming: Well vegeta trailer didnt impress me to be honest. because he still shares lot of moves from the other 2 Vegetas in the game.  :mokay:
He has Gallick Gun, that's one move, and I'm not sure the rocket kick is a special or works the same way as the other two Vegetas. The problem with those trailer is that when you see they spend most of the time showing the basic lmh launch air lm combo, you know he'll have only two specials. Here, he's got the dirty fireworks probably as his lmhh combo, then you get a glimpse of his Kienzan and the teleport throat crush with both knees that killed Burta, then the supers. Even if he still has the rocket kick, those two moves massively change him from the need to get real close (or just spam fireballs) to a long range sniper who keeps you away.

You are happy because Base goku has his one-handed small Genkidama, well I was hoping this Vegeta can turn into an ape,  but seeing this trailer he can´t. I had hopes because Momo can turn into an ape in mvc2.
Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 03:09:23 am by yaret
#766  July 30, 2018, 04:43:24 am
tbh it applies to both

Budokai's battle system would probably be adaptable to competitive esports if it came out today, it had the breakthroughs which basically standardized the characters and didn't lock moves behind the capsule system. That game is meant to be played offline and that's why it has so much single player content, but if it came out in the current fighting game climate I'd have no doubt that dimps would make it more of a competitive fighter instead.

Tenkaichi and Xenoverse I don't think lend themselves very well to competitive fighting because of the nature of the games themselves, they are essentially arena fighters and arena fighters don't typically do well as true competitive games. Xenoverse found a lane by going the semi-MMO route instead and I think that's fine for what it is.
#767  July 31, 2018, 02:15:42 pm
    • USA
    • dhochoy09@gmail.com
    • dhgallery.weebly.com/
tbh it applies to both

Budokai's battle system would probably be adaptable to competitive esports if it came out today, it had the breakthroughs which basically standardized the characters and didn't lock moves behind the capsule system. That game is meant to be played offline and that's why it has so much single player content, but if it came out in the current fighting game climate I'd have no doubt that dimps would make it more of a competitive fighter instead.

Tenkaichi and Xenoverse I don't think lend themselves very well to competitive fighting because of the nature of the games themselves, they are essentially arena fighters and arena fighters don't typically do well as true competitive games. Xenoverse found a lane by going the semi-MMO route instead and I think that's fine for what it is.
Exactly. If a true sequel to Budokai 3 came out with adjustments to the customization system (e.i. make supers/ultimates and transformations integral to the characters), add more diversity to characters' playstyles, and some balance fixes I can easily see it being at side events. Infinite World is the closest thing to a Budokai 4 but nobody played that game.

Anyways, the base forms like nice... at least Goku does. Base Vegeta just looks like more of the same shit but I could be wrong. Also glad we're glad we're getting the options for 2v2 and 1v1. Co-op in fighting games does nothing for me personally.
Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 03:30:25 pm by D. HoChoy
#768  July 31, 2018, 04:35:05 pm
Base Vegeta has a projectile with an arching trajectory and a teleport attack, he doesn't look like either current version of Vegeta who just rush at your face or spam.
Also glad we're glad we're getting the options for 2v2 and 1v1. Co-op in fighting games does nothing for me personally.
By co-op you mean team battles like kof ? It's not a multiplayer co-op.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#769  July 31, 2018, 06:39:44 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I wonder if 1v1 will even have a competitive life. Would be nice, honestly.
I mean I like tag gameplay but sometimes, just a good ol' (round-based) 1v1 is hard to say no to.
#770  August 06, 2018, 12:20:47 pm
  • I got tired of waiting for someone to do it for me
    • Argentina
Final Form Cooler at 1:38

#771  August 06, 2018, 03:32:19 pm
    • Dominica
a normal super after kaioken   :muttrox:
#772  August 06, 2018, 07:39:36 pm
It looks like Kaiohken is the super itself, during which you chain special moves one after the other (I don't suppose you can stand there and stop attacking), then it ends at the finisher.
Kinda disappointed that Vegeta ends up still having the machine gun fireball, he started doing it on Namek I think but I wouldn't have minded if they actually removed moves in favor of the other zoning stuff he has. I'm also surprised that they made a special out of the "double ground decoy fireballs > missile kick from above" Goku pulled on Freeza from underwater, that's a neat special, it's more unique.
I usually prefer Coola's standard form (despite being a Freeza clone, not a fan of his big form) but he actually seems to have cool and unique specials, nice. At a glance it kinda feels he might be on the same level as Cell of OP though...

Uh, someone got it early.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/aug/06/first-look-base-form-goku-and-base-form-vegeta-dragon-ball-fighterz-tyrant-and-packz/
That double Spirit Bomb combo
Kaiohken : activate it, then each button does one follow-up, you got 3/5/7 follow-ups available depending on the number of teammates alive, then two different finishers (Kamehameha having x4 or x20 versions).
Hah, Vegeta's machine gun is NOT a special after all.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:01:50 pm by Byakko
#773  August 07, 2018, 12:03:52 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
YEAH MY NIBBA COOLER

I'm probably gonna start playing this game now that's he's here.

Can't wait I'm super hyped he's been my number 1 request since announcement.
#774  August 07, 2018, 06:26:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Re: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbone)(PS4)(PC)(Switch)
#775  August 10, 2018, 10:00:47 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
The open beta for switch started last night. Plays pretty well. This may be the first game I actually buy 3 times.
#776  August 18, 2018, 06:25:08 pm
    • Dominica
September 27 guys, the copy of freezer will appper soon

Androide 17 confirmed and also a new stage like SFV has been doing a stage tournament.  we´ll see them in motion tomorrow I suppose :)
it´s bad that art system isnt going to make any skin character yet :S look at those ones in the picture they look really good.

high quality https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DndlZQ-UwAE_P3D.jpg:orig
Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 06:29:58 pm by yaret
#777  September 22, 2018, 03:01:08 pm
    • Dominica
hi.! season 2 is comming.! witch characters do you think that would be very unique for a second season?
I only have in my mine: Master Roshi, Janemba or kid Goku with good movesets 
the rest of them are almost the same on attacks or techniques.
#778  September 22, 2018, 03:05:28 pm
    • Netherlands
It's Mr. Satan's time to shine.
#779  September 22, 2018, 03:14:24 pm
    • Dominica
It's Mr. Satan's time to shine.

if they make Mr. Satan to shine to the roster They will need to adapt him. because  he was a joke character in the anime. but Im really thinking on Figher characters. then art system will make a joke character for fun having a competitive game I think it would be a wastes of time. a better fighter would be Babidi it can be fun and a figher at the same time. because he can control people and does magic
Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:20:01 pm by yaret
#780  September 22, 2018, 03:33:37 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000

Android 17's trailer dropped. I love that he has the move he used to kill Dr. Gero as a super, though it doesn't really make sense for this time frame.