FAQ (Read 15130 times)

Started by BC, March 12, 2010, 02:19:16 pm
Share this topic:

BC

FAQ
#1  March 12, 2010, 02:19:16 pm
    • UK

FAQ:

Q: Will you be adding anything new to your characters besides Rage ?
A: Yes, New moves and other things are planned for all.

Q: What is Rage ?
A: Rage is the characters strongest super move that is only available with 1/4 life left and a full power meter.

Q: What does Rage have to do with street fighter alpha ?
A: In short... nothing  ;P but I wanted to bring something new to the game.. a new feature. The plan was to implement this into the story somehow, but right now due to being in early stages the story still needs to be worked on, so this answer will be better explained then.

Q: How many characters are planned for the game ?
A: Street Fighter Alpha 4 will feature all the characters from A3 (arcade) so 25 + new characters which are made up of hidden and unlockable guest characters.

Q: When will the first beta be out ?
A: The game is in very early stages yet so that would be impossible to give a direct answer.

Q: Will you be releasing every character
A: No, I will be releasing only selected few the rest will be full game only so you will get your chance when the beta comes out. (that's if your character features in that version)

Q: Why have you based the gameplay off Street Fighter Alpha 3 when Street Fighter Alpha 2's system was so much better
A: Street Fighter Alpha 2 is a great game, but wether a downgrade in balance or not I really like Street Fighter Alpha 3 and it's still very popular till this day.

Q: Would you consider converting to Alpha 2 style once the game is finished
A: There's a possibility and wouldn't take a whole lot of work.

Q: What does HCB QCB HCF QCF mean ?
A: HCB = half circle back (f,df,d,db,b)
    QCB = quarter circle back (d,db,b)
    HCF = half circle forward (b,db,d,df,f)
    QCF = quarter circle forward (d,df,f)

Q: I heard unlockable guest characters will be in the game, how do you plan on doing this ? and also will any characters from MVC be in the game ?
A: The unlockable feature is inspired by Andrés Borghi's full game "The Blackheart". Basically you complete the game with various characters to get unlock codes then enter these in a stand alone .exe to release files in the folders (correct me if im wrong Andrés)

No there will  be no MVC characters featured in the game due to my dislike for MVC :P

Q: will the characters for your game be useable for normal mugen too or just your game?
A: The characters I have released so far were for normal mugen but will be made into full game only characters, the characters that don't get released are full game only.

Q: on which mugen engine will it be?
A: Currently for Winmugen Plus, but will consider 1.0 later.

Q: what kind of help could you use?
A: Check out the "Street Fighter Alpha 4 Team" section for details.

If anyone would like to help with the FAQ by giving questions you feel should be on there please feel free
Accepting commissions
Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 01:07:34 pm by BC
Re: FAQ
#2  March 12, 2010, 03:43:14 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
thanks for the faq, i have another questions for it, will the characters for your game be useable for normal mugen too or just your game?

on which mugen engine will it be?

are you the only person working on it yet?

what kind of help could you use?

what stages will you use? old stages, edited ones or stages from other games then the sf alpha series? is it in ld or hd?
#3  March 12, 2010, 04:19:31 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
thanks for the faq, i have another questions for it, will the characters for your game be useable for normal mugen too or just your game?
If you check BC's post history, he's already released SFA4 characters outside the project, they are, in order of release:
- SFA4 Ryu, SFA4 Guy, SFA4 Adon...and SFA4 Rose is next.

on which mugen engine will it be?
So far his releases have been made for Old WinMugen, but because BC is a straigh up awesome coder, they also work like a charm in the latest Mugen 1.0 RC builds.

are you the only person working on it yet?
Look to this thread http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=113526.0

what kind of help could you use?
Look again http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=113526.0

what stages will you use? old stages, edited ones or stages from other games then the sf alpha series? is it in ld or hd?
The direction of stages is still unclear at the moment, but I'm pretty sure they would prefer something fresh, new and made from scratch.

I hope I answered your questions. :)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#4  May 02, 2010, 06:28:39 pm
  • It's over! We won!
    • SITE BANNED
fullgame only characters? me disappoint  :(
SITE BANNED DUE TO ADFLY USE

GT

#5  May 02, 2010, 06:54:20 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Good for you.
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him

BC

#6  May 02, 2010, 09:13:29 pm
    • UK
 :laugh4:
Accepting commissions
#7  November 07, 2011, 10:09:00 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Are any characters from SF3 or SF IV planned for the game? Eventually with a design change to make them look younger?