YesNoOk

SSJ Goku Z2 [Project] (Read 432415 times)

Started by Balthazar, August 09, 2012, 08:24:01 pm
Share this topic:
SSJ Goku Z2 [Project]
#1  August 09, 2012, 08:24:01 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
What's this? Balthazar started on SSJ Goku anyways?

No.

So this isn't a Mugen Char Project thread, really?

Well, sort of.

Think of it as a test, a trial if you will.
We've already discussed money donations in some other threads.

Now here is the test: How much of you are willing to chip in to actually seeing a SSJ Goku realized?
Understanding the situation how much time it takes for us to concept, fully custom sprite, code, test and tweak such a char,
and how little time and effort it takes you, as the user, to download the char (let's say 1 year versus 1 minute),
I don't see the problem in making a little money off a next such project, it being SSJ Goku.

I've put up a slightly more elaborate story on my Mugen network page, give it a read if you will:
http://network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/gokussj.html

So, how badly do you want to play as SSJ Goku Z2? It's pretty safe to say that we stand warrant for the quality;
we made Char of the Year with Goku after all.
And how much would you be willing to donate, if any? Please leave your comments below.

Here's a single animation with a fully sprited SSJ Goku, just to give you a taste, and to show you we are serious about this.

Is this the right place for this thread then? Well it's not really a character in-progress thread,
but it IS a project: it's a test to see how many people are willing to contribute by donating.

It's all in your hands now.

ps. If this by some chance goes really well, with lots of people doing small donations (because I'm really only asking a little tiny bit from all those interested), the results will transfer in the possibility of Broly Z2 happening, or not.
Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:34:07 pm by Balthazar
Re: SSJ Goku Z2
#2  August 09, 2012, 08:34:24 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Honestly I will not donate... but just because I don't care about DB Z char.

If you ever decide to sprite a SF4/Ex or KoF XIII or Fatal Fury 2/Special/Real Bout in CvS stile I will be the first to give you more than something!

#3  August 09, 2012, 08:44:11 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Something I'm a bit confused on.  If he's going to be the previous Goku Z2, with a new head and new and better moves, is that then going to make Goku Z2 obsolete, or will SSJ Goku Z2 be losing moves as well/have his previous moves be used in new ways?

I'm all for a Super Saiyan Goku in the Z2 style, and I wouldn't mind donating a bit, just want to clear up how different it really is going to be from the Goku Z2 that's already done.
#4  August 09, 2012, 08:46:13 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Looks awesome! Would this all be in the same char sff?
#5  August 09, 2012, 08:53:34 pm
    • Netherlands
Just to be clear: SSJ Goku would be a completely different and seperate character.
 There's been plenty of talk regarding transformable characters in Mugen, and we aren't going to mess with that. He's seperate.
 And ofcourse SSJ Goku will have a completely different normal-special, special, super and ultimate moveset.
 His basics and gethits will be mostly identical to normal Goku, and most of his basic attacks as well (he'll get a few unique attacks though).
 But he will play completely different. It's the same with Vegeta: all his basic stuff is the same, but completely different special moves change everything, from combos to your approach in gameplay.

SSJ Goku won't be the Ken to normal Goku's Ryu, if that's what you mean. He won't even be a 'shotoclone' anymore.
Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:39:05 pm by Balthazar

MDD

#6  August 09, 2012, 09:09:38 pm
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
You would use "we made COTY" as an excuse to charge a fortune and I don't want to go bankrupt. :llama:
#7  August 09, 2012, 09:11:52 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I meant more Akuma to God Akuma, actually, just as it seemed at first that SSJ Goku Z2 would be everything Goku Z2 was, but better, but as long as it's planned that he's quite different, then no worries there.
#8  August 09, 2012, 10:19:51 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Hmmm... Interesting.
TBH, SSJ Goku isn't a character that I would commission for.
But because I love TeamZ2's works, I'd toss $5-10 just to help out.
#9  August 09, 2012, 11:01:07 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
i would totally donate because i'm a HUGE fan of your work.

question is: when will you consider that you received enough donations to actually start working seriously on the character? & what is your minimum total amount to finish it?
#10  August 09, 2012, 11:16:16 pm
    • Japan
I will donate when I get a job, lol.

But I would not donate anything to SSJ Goku, I think you should work more on other characters from DBZ rather than new version of previous.
#11  August 10, 2012, 07:06:43 am
I would much rather see a new character.
#12  August 10, 2012, 08:07:42 am
    • Netherlands
i would totally donate because i'm a HUGE fan of your work.

question is: when will you consider that you received enough donations to actually start working seriously on the character? & what is your minimum total amount to finish it?

Since it's an experiment and all, let's just say the bar is at 100 euro's before I actually start on him.
This would be just 10 euros from 10 guys, or 5 euros from 20 guys.
I think this could easily be made if you really want this char.

As for 'I'd rather have a different char',  well SSJ Goku is not such a big project for me, I probably won't spent more then 1/2 months on him,
and before starting on a completely different char I'd prefer it if Goku's next update was released, and preferably Vegeta too.
#13  August 10, 2012, 08:35:17 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
i tend to agree on the "let's finish our current projects first" bit!

also, i would too rather see a new character brought to mugen, even if a SSJ Goku has been talked & talked about forever and does sound sweet :P
Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:38:31 am by Djoulz
#14  August 10, 2012, 10:36:53 am
    • Japan
Well SSJ Goku brings you to think that after that you will have to make SSJ Vegeta and then SSJ Trunks, not to mention Super Perfect Cell, Super Buu or whatever Buu.

I want to make Goku for my The King of Pocket with moveset based on your Goku, but he will turn SSJ only during Super Moves: KAmehameha Level 1 - Normal, Kamehameha Level 2 (x+y) - SSJ, Rage Kamehameha - Level 3 + Dammage SSJ3
#15  August 10, 2012, 11:12:45 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If this goes forwad i got a reasonable ammount of ideas on how to make him totally different. Focusing much more on trickery bssed on placement.
#16  August 10, 2012, 11:43:03 am
    • Thailand
I'd donate 50 dollars it this was Cell. =p

I wouldn't mind tossing up some (more) money for Goku SS3, though. =p
#17  August 10, 2012, 11:56:07 am
    • Netherlands
Ugh SSJ3 Goku will never happen, his hair is waaaaayy to troublesome to make!
I wanted to make a test for a normal sprite (one of those crouch kick sprites), but it proved too meddlesome.
Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:42:57 pm by Balthazar
#18  August 10, 2012, 03:09:04 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
Hm, I don't understand the purpose of this topic too much. But then I see the little quote under your avatar and consider I've not been following as much, I assume you've been spriting for money? lol
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#19  August 10, 2012, 09:20:50 pm
As for 'I'd rather have a different char',  well SSJ Goku is not such a big project for me, I probably won't spent more then 1/2 months on him,
and before starting on a completely different char I'd prefer it if Goku's next update was released, and preferably Vegeta too.

I agree that I would like for current projects to be done first. (Goku update -> Vegeta Z2 -> Gohan Z2) However, after that I feel like your time would be much better spent spriting someone new or working on a non-DBZ project altogether. Just saying.
#20  August 10, 2012, 09:55:21 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
a non-DBZ project altogether.
Huh, unless it's from the Batman universe (Batman, Bane, Joker, Catwoman), I'm not interested. >:[

* Balthazar sprites Guts from Berserk.*
OK I'M IN !!! ;P