YesNoOk

The Importance of Accuracy in Mugen??? (Read 14981 times)

Started by hjk, August 11, 2007, 08:02:16 am
Share this topic:

hjk

Re: The Importance of Accuracy in Mugen???
#21  August 14, 2007, 08:41:06 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
DAMN IT JESUS...  Your Inbox is FULL!!!!   LOL :wall:      :wall:         :wall:

I can't PM you
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:43:43 pm by Tee Hee Hee
#22  August 14, 2007, 08:44:26 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
it is?

102 messages, 51% full.

o_O

hjk

#23  August 14, 2007, 08:48:04 pm
    • Afghanistan
Everytime I try sending you a PM it says that your inbox is full

I have 25 messages in my box and it says that it's 83% full.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

#24  August 14, 2007, 08:49:33 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I deleted and now I have 97...  Try again.

hjk

#25  August 14, 2007, 08:52:04 pm
    • Afghanistan
Got through ^_^

I wonder why I can only have 25...

Another advantage that comes with being a Creator/Contributor...  :'(

Soon, I hope, Soon!!!

MCX

#26  August 15, 2007, 12:56:01 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
I'm not a mugen creator because I'm too lazy
but IMO, as a player, the char is accurately when you have the ''feeling'' of fight game in the char, or in the stages too.
That is the thing when the mugen char conciliate the ''way of the game'' to ''way of mugen''.
#27  August 27, 2007, 04:23:36 pm
As a player I really like close accuracy to the real thing because it finally gives me a sense of what it would be like to have the various fighting systems interact with each other.  Like MUGEN gives people the chance to have the Guilty Gear vs Capcom vs Snk vs whatever else game they always wanted to see but will probably never happen. 

You can't be a 100% accurate between game styles but I think there's a lot of room for many certain game characters to interact in a relatively balanced way.  Like you probably aren't going to see much balance between old MK and Original SF 2 characters vs.  the latest by Guilty Gear, Capcom and Snk.  But the Guilty Gear, Capcom(later stuff) and later Snk characters(particularly with evade moves) may have quite a bit of decent balance between each other. 

I also don't really look to play against AI though some people solely do.  The one thing I like to do to look at AI in demo is to see what moves are at the disposal of the character.  Good demonstrations of move sets sometimes makes me give a creation I'm not so sure I'm gonna still use another chance. 

I guess its also personal.  Like if I see a Dan character that's actually powerful and not so much pitiful that's kind of junk to me, unless its puprosely done to be humorous.  But for someone to just make Dan and give him a completely new move set and make them powerful I don't want to use them.  But there are certainly other people who feel the opposite about that. 
#28  August 27, 2007, 10:54:30 pm
I believe accuracy is all up to the creator. If they want it accurate, ok. If they wanna make something special, cool. Who cares what the people thing about accuracy? If you don't like it, don't keep it. It's that simple. It's easier and less time wasting to just try a char, not like it, delete it, and go about your business, rather than downloading it, trying it, hating it, then flaming it.
#29  September 02, 2007, 06:01:39 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
because it finally gives me a sense of what it would be like to have the various fighting systems interact with each other.

My sentiments, exactly (...and with a statement like that, I'd swear we were separated at birth)! ;P

Mugen is unbalanced...that much is undeniable, but regardless of how one game differs from another, each sub-system (ie. guard cancel, parry, alpha counter, CD knockdown, etc) is bestowed with it's own set of advantages, as well as disadvantages.  So, from that perspective, if accuracy was maintained, Mugen would possess a sort of suggested balance.

However, I completely understand (and support) a creator's will to be original.
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 06:04:59 am by Mature4evr
#30  September 02, 2007, 06:06:55 am
  • The Cobra Commander Is Back
    • Canada
man, if accuracy is REALLY important for you guys you'll hate my Thunder Megazord. It's so full of random.
#31  September 02, 2007, 06:52:54 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#32  September 02, 2007, 07:12:04 am
    • interrage.deviantart.com/
well, all this comes from the original streetfighter, which spawned everything else that came after. street fighter was alright, but StreetFighter 2 was the game that everyone copied off of. It was so refined that maybe you didn't need another fighting game.
The characters were all memorable, they all had their own way about them that made them unique. The graphics were there to complement the gameplay, the ai was challenging.

I've been playing with Pots ShinGouki forever, fighting against everyones best/cheap ai characters. For example, Ken Masters has got so much cheapness to it, but you figure out his patterns, he always dragonpunchs me whenever I jump in. I parry it and he's open for attack. AI wise, there's no adjusted pattern for any one persons character to deal with another ones. so if you have 2 ken masters fighting each other, all they are doing is going about the motions. there's no psychological techniques involved.

human on human gameplay is the way to go.

.........guess that was a tangent, I really am turning into my father. :-\

#33  September 02, 2007, 08:07:29 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
human on human gameplay is the way to go.
Yeah, it's what made fighting games what they are (or better... what they were), no other genre is as straightforward competitive as fighting games.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.