YesNoOk

29 injured by bombs detonated in NJ & NY, suspect arrested (Read 1718 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, September 19, 2016, 07:53:43 pm
Share this topic:
29 injured by bombs detonated in NJ & NY, suspect arrested
#1  September 19, 2016, 07:53:43 pm
  • Gaps? Where we're going, we don't need gaps...
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

Source:
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/NYC-Verrazano-Bridge-Traffic-Stop-Chelsea-Bombing-Elizabeth-NJT-Station-Package-393920101.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/nyregion/nyc-nj-explosions-ahmad-khan-rahami.html?_r=0

The man believed to be responsible for the explosion in Manhattan on Saturday night and an earlier bombing in New Jersey, Ahmad Khan Rahami, was taken into custody on Monday after he was wounded in a gunfight with the police, according to law enforcement officials.

The dramatic episode on a rain-soaked street in Linden, N.J., came after the police issued a cellphone alert to millions of residents in the area telling them to be on the lookout for Mr. Rahami, 28, who was described as “armed and dangerous.”

Capt. James Sarnicki of the Linden Police Department told reporters that one of the officers approached the suspect and when he woke him, he saw that he had a beard that resembled that of the man on the Wanted poster.

The officer ordered Mr. Rahami to show hands, Captain Sarnicki said, but instead, he pulled out a handgun.

He shot the officer in the abdomen, Captain Sarnicki said, but the bullet struck his vest.

“The officer returned fire,” he said. Mr. Rahami fled, “indiscriminantly firing his weapons at passing vehicles.”

Other officers joined the chase, and Mr. Rahami was shot multiple times. At least one other officer was injured during the confrontation.

Shortly before noon, Mr. Rahami was in custody, seen by witnesses splayed out beside the street, hands cuffed behind his back and his shirt rolled up, officers standing over him with their weapons drawn.
Re: 29 injured by bombs detonated in NJ & NY, suspect arrested
#2  September 20, 2016, 01:48:51 am
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
What's this?
A terrorist attack that Didn't kill anyone... and the perp was Caught Alive?!
Well, this is a bit of a novelty these days isn't it?
#3  September 20, 2016, 02:22:41 am
  • I´m a big fan of...THIS HAND?!
    • Spain
I suspect this is another islamic attack.
At least, is not worst than the attacks from Paris, Bagdah and Nice but it is still really sad.
#4  September 20, 2016, 07:04:19 am
well at least nobody died and they caught the perp if he was a contact with a terrorist organization in the americas that would help them catch these guys.
#5  September 20, 2016, 07:19:51 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
This is an extremely scary thought for me because the train station the bombing happened turns out to be a common stop I go to when I go shopping for my Dad's store... and I got off there that same day hours before it happened... Now I seriously need to be far more alert. Glad they caught him but is he behind the one in Elizabeth, NJ?
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#6  September 21, 2016, 09:18:26 pm
  • Gaps? Where we're going, we don't need gaps...
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

I suspect this is another islamic attack.

Spoke too soon;

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/nyregion/ahmad-khan-rahami-suspect.html?_r=0

took inspiration from “Brother Osama bin Laden”

His father also apparently reported him to the FBI 2 years ago on suspicion of planning a terrorist attack;

The F.B.I., which had been notified about Mr. Rahami by the local police after a domestic dispute involving the family, said in a statement that it conducted a review — checking its databases, contacting other agencies and conducting interviews. But the review did not turn up anything that warranted further inquiry, and the matter was closed.
#7  September 21, 2016, 10:06:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

CNN: The Pinacle of discussion.
#8  September 21, 2016, 10:32:29 pm
  • SNK is life
#9  September 22, 2016, 01:51:02 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Another bombing by some idiot would-be jihadist.

Hopefully, the injured recovers quickly.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#10  September 23, 2016, 04:37:36 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
force fed them with bacon, shave off their beard, give them a huge cross tattoo on their forehead, and release them back to their terrorist brothers. :D