YesNoOk

Elecbyte might actually update mugen this year (Read 4263 times)

Started by NecusX, February 02, 2020, 10:53:47 pm
Share this topic:
Elecbyte might actually update mugen this year
#1  February 02, 2020, 10:53:47 pm
  • BOOM!
  • I'm a magen dade who knows how to code somewhat
    • USA
I've recently heard that elecbyte have renewed their domain till june of 2020 so we may either get an update or even finally get the source code, what do you guys think will happen?
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
Re: Elecbyte might actually update mugen this year
#2  February 02, 2020, 10:59:35 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
May we at least have a source on this if it's true?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  February 02, 2020, 11:08:40 pm
Domain renewal doesn't mean any sort of return to the scene.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4  February 03, 2020, 02:36:53 am
  • BOOM!
    • USA
Domain renewal doesn't mean any sort of return to the scene.

But it means that elecbyte may give it somewhat of a chance if not then they would've given up the project, domain renewal ain't free you know
That will happen to you if you don't wear your seat belts, so make sure to wear your seat belts.
#5  February 03, 2020, 03:33:01 am
You do realize that they've renewed the domain several times over the years and that never meant anything ? They're simply not letting it run out and get away from them, but they're still not doing anything with it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  February 03, 2020, 04:02:12 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I hope that's true. Until 1.1 goes out of beta, I will not permanently switch out of 1.0.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#7  February 03, 2020, 09:29:01 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
But it means that elecbyte may give it somewhat of a chance if not then they would've given up the project, domain renewal ain't free you know

No, it's just $5/year, which OMG is fucking expensive for a grown adult with an average income
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#8  February 05, 2020, 03:59:37 am
  • BOOM!
    • USA

No, it's just $5/year, which OMG is fucking expensive for a grown adult with an average income

What I'm saying is that there is still that 1% chance that they will come out of nowhere, we can still hope, or move on to ikemen.
#9  February 05, 2020, 04:00:40 am
  • BOOM!
    • USA
You do realize that they've renewed the domain several times over the years and that never meant anything ? They're simply not letting it run out and get away from them, but they're still not doing anything with it.

There is still that glimmer of hope
#10  February 05, 2020, 04:30:12 am
    • Brazil

What I'm saying is that there is still that 1% chance that they will come out of nowhere, we can still hope, or move on to ikemen.
OR maybe just stay on Mugen?
#11  February 05, 2020, 04:45:40 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I remember a website that I've been following for a while (Orbital Vector to be more specific) hasn't been active for 12 years before the domain finally closed, but it's another example of how people/groups renew web domains and never use them even after the fact.
#12  February 05, 2020, 05:02:03 am
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master
1% is too low to try and hope on
HIDDEN BOSS
#13  February 05, 2020, 05:28:45 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
I remember a website that I've been following for a while (Orbital Vector to be more specific) hasn't been active for 12 years before the domain finally closed, but it's another example of how people/groups renew web domains and never use them even after the fact.

This also I'm sure people can renew domains automatically as well and probably forget that they have done so 
#14  February 06, 2020, 01:09:31 pm
  • BOOM!
    • USA

OR maybe just stay on Mugen?

How can we stay on mugen if we can't expand upon it unlike Ikemen? if mugen was open source, that would've been a different story, although very fun if mugen doesn't become open source then Ikemen will eventually surpass mugen by a large margin.
#15  February 06, 2020, 08:15:09 pm
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
Long story short, we can't. Elecbyte won't come back. Also ikemen sucks
this website is stupid
#16  February 06, 2020, 08:40:44 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Ikemen is the way forward for this format of coding and game development. Its open source, with various forks being actively developed and the possibilities for it being near endless. It has issues yet to be addressed (like its networking) but it is undoubtedly the future of development here unless

a) Elecbyte releases a new build
b) someone completes another engine with similar support (think JZ was doing something like this...)
#17  February 11, 2020, 08:20:20 am
    • USA
There is still that glimmer of hope
Nah. It's autopay as AmidWeiz said.
There's really no reason to update it nor put in the time or effort to do so.
When was the last time Ikemen was updated?

#18  February 11, 2020, 08:43:00 am
    • Greece
Ikemen go is updating almost every day now.
#19  February 11, 2020, 06:26:02 pm
    • USA
^
Thanks. Didn't expect that. Thought it might be monthly, honestly.