• i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
Re: Project 'Suaveness'
#22  March 02, 2013, 11:05:35 pm
  • SNK is life
Suaveness indeed.  I concurr with those comments about the dialogues being kept to a minimum, to fit KFM. He should totally have a seriously villainesque evil laugh, like Red Skull from that 90's Avengers beat'em up.

I'll dust off and remake that sketched intro I was making for him a few years back, but I'd like some ideas from you guys to see what would be SD's side of the story, like motives to steal KFM's girl and what he actually planned to do with her.

Hell, I'd even re-write an ending storyboard for KFM while I'm at it, to give him some closure :beam:  let me know your ideas guys ;)
#23  March 02, 2013, 11:15:48 pm
    • USA
You should Walt. You totally should.
#24  March 02, 2013, 11:19:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Suave dude seems to be a mix of designs representing the eighties mega villain, he has cool shades, he is suave, he took your girlfriend, he can make evil clones!
Keeping stuff in that line will make it golden, kfm is the typical martial artist , he should be the typical evil evil villain.
In terms of justifications for what he was doing i think it should kept light and funny.
Maybe ending up with a reveal that he didnt kidnap her, she is his boss. ( leaving then the storyboard ending with a comment on how she was nowhere to be seen because no one has made her for mugen yet )
#25  March 02, 2013, 11:22:29 pm
    • USA
Suaveness indeed.  I concurr with those comments about the dialogues being kept to a minimum, to fit KFM. He should totally have a seriously villainesque evil laugh, like Red Skull from that 90's Avengers beat'em up.

I'll dust off and remake that sketched intro I was making for him a few years back, but I'd like some ideas from you guys to see what would be SD's side of the story, like motives to steal KFM's girl and what he actually planned to do with her.

Hell, I'd even re-write an ending storyboard for KFM while I'm at it, to give him some closure :beam:  let me know your ideas guys ;)

Plot twist. There was never a kidnapping. It was an elaborate breakup plan by KFM's girlfriend. I mean, the man's name has Suave in it... Need I say more? KFM just wasn't cutting it for her!

...I kid. I kid. And I agree, he shouldn't talk. His voice should be simple. Just a KO sound, and MAYBE an into, like that laugh you mentioned.

Should be interesting to see his side of the story.
#26  March 03, 2013, 12:18:45 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Iced: What did I tell you about talking about the evil clone? No one is supposed to know about the plans for him yet!

Re: Voice work - What good is a bad guy who can't gloat? Minimal dialogue might work for a generic kung fu guy with no describable personality who doesn't even see to bother to open his eyes ever, but the bad guy has to have more character to him unless he's an over the top kung fu type himself. There doesn't need to be a book's worth of dialogue, but some dialogue is warranted if for no other reason than it fits the cliche he's built upon.

He should totally have a seriously villainesque evil laugh, like Red Skull from that 90's Avengers beat'em up.
Funny you should mention that...
#27  March 03, 2013, 02:00:56 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Suave Dude is in love with KFM's girlfriend. The twist is that he kidnapped har to create a clone of her for himself.
#28  March 03, 2013, 02:14:54 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
THANKS FOR SPOILING THE ENDING MOTHERFUCKERS   :grrr:

Anyway, does nyabody remember/has the pictures elecbyte posted when they made the mugen date simulator website ?
#29  March 03, 2013, 02:42:48 am
Using the gun only for level 3 hypers...

Using mostly kicks... a la kim kapwam

throwing a cigarette butt towards the defeated enemy...

using charged moves guile style... just to make him opposite to KFM fighting style

KFM is kind of shotoklone, lets make Suave Dude use something more streetwise, fighting dirty, groin kicks when close, throwing dust toward enemies face with a kick to the ground... OTG moves on downed oponents, I think you get what kind of fighter suave dude is.

an especial intro against KFM is required, of course.

chains or knives optional.
\\\" It`s so easy to rewrite history when the few that know the truth are made unable to speak for themselves\\\"
Alexander, the last scenario...
#30  March 03, 2013, 09:38:11 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#31  March 04, 2013, 11:14:01 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
I had forgotten how badly drawn that April Fool's gag was. On the bright side, I had also completely forgot up to this point that the nameless girlfriend was a brunette as well. Thank you kindly.

<- In case it wasn't known already, I am a fan of the Hokuto no Ken series. Noticed that the protagonists had a few details in common, so...
#32  March 05, 2013, 11:15:54 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
You gonna make it a special intro between the two?
#33  March 12, 2013, 04:16:26 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Riccochet: That is indeed the plan. haven't worked out the exact details of what is said in the exchange on account that I am still looking for the appropriate voice for KFM. Additionally as a very poorly kept secret, I am planning on a new voice for KFM.

Because this post needed something to look at. Trying to recover the related video file where I cleaned up the frames for my video set... which as of the time of this posting seems to have proven to not be successful. Bah!
#34  March 12, 2013, 05:10:27 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
As a fellow HnK fan.. i approve.
#35  March 12, 2013, 05:23:58 am
  • Watch Me explode!!!!
    • USA
    • Reality4525@gmail.com
this is a great idea but honestly i think he should have a 6 button layout like kfm.... just makes sense.
#36  March 12, 2013, 05:25:51 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
KFM has a four-button layout unless you're talking about the countless edits out there.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#37  March 12, 2013, 06:34:42 am
    • USA
KFM has a four-button layout unless you're talking about the countless edits out there.

Yeah, KFM is a 4 button character.

He has decent combos. But lacks a dodge roll... Which kinda hampers him against some foes.

So the question is... Are Suave Dude, and Kung-Fu Man gonna remain in Electbyte style? Or something different?

#38  March 12, 2013, 06:58:55 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Check the first page dude. :P
He'd be based on KFM but more kick oriented.  I love how Suave Dude is kept as close as possible to his "source".
#39  March 12, 2013, 07:07:59 am
    • USA
Check the first page dude. :P
He'd be based on KFM but more kick oriented.  I love how Suave Dude is kept as close as possible to his "source".

Oh yeah. Derp.
<_>;

Erm... *Ahem* I'm glad they're being kept in the original style. Makes it seem more official that way.
#40  March 12, 2013, 08:42:13 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
By any chance will he be able to summon his little minions? I'd think it would be a nice touch adding strikers for him to add on to KFM's story against Suave Dude. Since they are somewhat mentioned, I thought I ask anyway. ;)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."