YesNoOk

Kof 2003 Portrait project (Read 1134807 times)

Started by Melcore, March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kof 2003 Portrait project
#621  June 14, 2018, 10:55:35 pm
  • Raging Fist
Fei-long looks badass now! Also Nice SHION! Idk why but everytime I look at him I see a lady. Is he a shemale or just a bit girly like Ash Crimson?
#622  June 14, 2018, 11:26:08 pm
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
he was initially supposed to be a girl the change didn't happen until the spriting had been complete.
#623  June 14, 2018, 11:29:55 pm
  • Raging Fist
he was initially supposed to be a girl the change didn't happen until the spriting had been complete.
huh, so atm he's SNK's trap equivalent to Capcom's Poison? Interesting
#624  June 14, 2018, 11:55:17 pm
    • USA
Yeah but shion isn't overtly sexual.

according to this wiki:
"He was conceptually designed to be one of Ron's daughters though developers decided to change his gender to startle and appeal to fans with his androgynous appearance. His gender was revealed to fans in his official back story, which states (and corrects itself) on his masculinity."

so I was wrong, I think.
they may have intentionally designed him to be a woman and just labeled him a man for the reason stated here.

I still like the Fighters Generation opinion:
"Shion is a cool looking design overall I must say... but if you thought Shion was a she, you're flat out wrong... 0_o I admit I was tricked at first myself. Shion obviously looks like a chick, but of course, SNK of Japan has to go and complicate things by declaring this character as a male. Shion is probably the most feminine male in the fighting game universe (besides Ash of course). Even so, he is a still cool design and has some pretty awesome moves."
#625  June 15, 2018, 12:02:06 am
    • USA
Cool character indeed, but they could have done so much more, moveset so dry. Everything about the character is female, they just added that in to troll. Are you making him for that KOF game you guys were doing? Or just finishing those few. I have a couple of paid requests for anyone interested.
#626  June 15, 2018, 12:39:33 am
    • USA
Jin Chonshu, kind of an odd angle for this style but hey, any help would be awesome.

Cool character indeed, but they could have done so much more, moveset so dry. Everything about the character is female, they just added that in to troll. Are you making him for that KOF game you guys were doing? Or just finishing those few. I have a couple of paid requests for anyone interested.

yeah I don't know what that was about.

I am currently just trying to knock out as many snk related ones that I can, I did Fei Long because I was wanting to practice some things with him.
As far as the paid request goes, I really don't think I'm talented enough of comfortable with that, if anyone else wants to do it then that's fine.
#627  June 15, 2018, 01:06:52 am
    • USA
Ah well if you get bored it was for Karin, then I was going to suggest editing Morrigan into Lilith. I’ll be using those Rei twins soon as you complete them also.
#628  June 15, 2018, 01:42:05 am
    • USA
those curls... they give me so much trouble for some reason, lay a reference down and I'll chip away at her.
Karin, that is.
#629  June 15, 2018, 02:29:28 am
    • USA
Too bad whomever made this never finished it, would have been cool. This could probably help you if you decide to do Yurika, its on that list.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#630  June 15, 2018, 11:16:21 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:21:57 pm by ;x
#631  June 18, 2018, 11:02:58 am
    • USA
Well, here is my first shot at the other twin.

Jin Chonrei:

please let me know what you guys think.
#632  June 20, 2018, 05:42:36 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I personally really like it. Looks in style as usual, and the expression really fits Jin's personality.

Shit
#633  June 21, 2018, 02:51:57 am
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
    • https://www.unitedbygames.net/
Too bad whomever made this never finished it, would have been cool. This could probably help you if you decide to do Yurika, its on that list.

Karin is being worked on

Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:16:59 am by Layanor
#634  June 21, 2018, 02:53:19 am
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
That Jin Chonrei is amazing. That is exactly how I had it in my head how it would work. Holy crap man!

This is the game I have been working on. Working on it even before Swipergod started KOFE. In fact, I even gave him sprites from my project to help his :)

Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:09:45 am by Layanor
#635  June 21, 2018, 03:02:26 am
    • USA
Thanks MotorRoach!
Thanks Layanor, glad it turned out the way you wanted!
I have been trying to work on different angles so there is more variety that's why I went with the Jin Chonshu that had existed and just worked it until it fit the art style but I tried to draw Jin Chonrei from references with very little frankenspriting if i could help it.
I felt both had the personalities I was looking for so I'm glad that got noticed and confirmed that it was achieved.

thanks again guys
#636  June 21, 2018, 03:15:41 am
    • USA
    • Skype - layanorsmind
I have to say on a personal note that I am happy to see these all made but really sad. what happens to Melcore when you finish the ones you want to finish?
#637  June 21, 2018, 04:03:55 am
    • USA
well because you asked:

I don't know man, I was hoping to teach a few people so I am not the only one here I love to work with others and get in the groove of bouncing art around making each other better.
I started this topic cause I really like the style and saw a void that I thought I could make a positive impact on to make something uniform in a Mugen world of clashing artwork.
Plus, I have had a great time learning how to do this over the years (thanks MotorRoach) and I'm proud of the amount of work and persistence that I put into it.
I'm no real artist by any stretch of the imagination but I worked hard to understand and get it as right as I can and took all the criticism that i could get, especially the negative criticism, I can't stress to you how valuable it is for the right people to talk the right shit about my work and having the ability to sift through who's opinion is worth listening to (again thanks MotorRoach)

but I'm not sure, I would like to take on animation for sprites.
its really hard work for me but I would like to.
but I do really like making these portraits, i just really hate being overwhelmed with requests and hate being overwhelmed with some of the portraits.

Many of the ones Swipergod wanted me to make were really fucking tough for me sometimes, Like Ingred, was one of them and he didn't even use her lol.
I'm glad I made her and he had me make her because it forced me to do something difficult and since I care about Swipergod and am committed to his project and I don't like letting him down.
There were so many I have made for the KOFE project that won't get used by it... but that's ok, cause there are people that will use it so I'm happy with that.
The fact the he is using the hard work that I have put into all my portraits makes me really happy, I am glad he accepted my offer to do them.

well, ether way, if you want, you can PM me the ones that you would like to see get done and we can talk about it.
Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 08:53:01 am by Melcore
#638  June 22, 2018, 11:16:14 pm
  • Sprites Edits - Panda neko lol nya!
    • baojj.free.fr/index.htm
Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:19:18 pm by BaoJJ
#639  June 26, 2018, 11:51:02 am
    • USA
Here is the latest one, Asuka

Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 12:16:15 pm by Melcore
#640  June 26, 2018, 03:37:44 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Oh my gosh! That is the cutest!