YesNoOk

Rolento, Ryo Sakazaki (updated 04/12/2014) (Read 24630 times)

Started by Jmorphman, March 26, 2014, 04:50:24 am
Share this topic:
Re: Rolento
#21  March 26, 2014, 04:23:54 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
oh, then you need to update the readme or not
OK, drewski.

It seems Steel Rain is unblockable. Oh my. :o
the code said:
guardFlag = z
well that explains that. I dunno how that happened, but it wasn't in the beta. I guess my finger slipped? Anyways, fixed, reuploaded, and it doesn't count as an update.

Not color separated yet. Damn, :ninja:´d
It will come, soon enough. Maybe sooner than people thought. :)

mekong delta attack: command doesnt work as p+p+p - in mugen it's x+y+z try to code it x+y - y+z - x+z
It's three punches because (well besides the fact that it's the original command) the throw command is 2 punches. Same reason Scouter Jump and Trick Landing are done with 3 kicks.

I guess I can try and come up with an alt cmd for people who can't pull those moves off, but I haven't had any complaints yet? Besides this one?

mekong delta escape: ex version doesnt work like in game - ex version should have higher air speed - also follow up attack (jump off wall) should be too ex - instantly focusing on enemy with also higher air speed/dmg (just like delta air raid follow up)
That's... not true? All EX Mekong Delta Escape does is make the move completely invincible on the way up towards the wall; there's absolutely no damage boost or anything.

other than that he seems legit, since i see you fixed fake rod thingy, although i prefered repeative version of it ;p:D
what :S
#22  March 26, 2014, 06:42:31 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Great, thanks for this character.! your SNK characters are the best.xD it's great you back.
#23  March 26, 2014, 08:30:07 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I guess I can try and come up with an alt cmd for people who can't pull those moves off, but I haven't had any complaints yet? Besides this one?
Probably due to people using lowcost keyboards that don't accept more than 2 or 3 simultaneous key presses.
#24  March 27, 2014, 02:10:35 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
^ I´m one of those. I can´t do 3 simultaneous buttons commands for shit with this keyboard. It makes a "TUCK" sound everytime I try it.
Chilling
#25  March 27, 2014, 08:25:02 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Maybe a little premature since color seperation isn't added yet, but just regard it as a heads-up anyway;

Blue scar on char, not on the small port. That's important! Small port needs the same CS as the ingame sprites!
#26  March 27, 2014, 09:57:28 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
GREAT WORK, MAN! KEEP IT UP!!!
#27  March 27, 2014, 10:30:00 am
  • Was it something I said?
There are three quotes in Street Fighter X Tekken you missed for Rolento (but don't worry, everyone wouldn't notice anyway because it's an option in versus mode or when you don't do story mode with the two determined teams.)

Anyway, here's the three common quotes he says.

"Commencing second phrase of base operations! A good soldier always remains vigilant!"
"Obey me or get out! You have 5 seconds to decide!"
"Fall in! Attention! Present arms!"
#28  March 27, 2014, 10:56:05 am
  • me? yes i am newbie

That's... not true? All EX Mekong Delta Escape does is make the move completely invincible on the way up towards the wall; there's absolutely no damage boost or anything.
first - this is not a "complain" only feedback, this move simply doesnt work, and please don't say people can't pull your character moves because of crappy keyboard.
I've tested it on madcatz sfxt (new version) fightpad (since im usually playing on pad), then after assuming by other user that issue is my crappy keyboard, tested it on high end razer keyboard, and then just even connected qanba to last try. nope, it doesn't work (in sfxt i pull off these without problems + for example rufus ppp ultras works flawlessly).

second - you are wrong. have you ever tested how it should work, in sfxt at all? i cant do it right now for you, because i have uninstalled game and im too lazy to just reinstall it to test your precious character (and this move isnt included in trials). but if you havent look yet into wiki there is how it should wotk:
wiki said:
The EX Special version introduced in Street Fighter X Tekken has Rolento jump much faster to and from the wall, and the respective followup attack works similar to the one from EX Mekong Delta Air-Raid.

your version only drain bar doesnt do anything, not mention follow up attack that doesnt occurs. as it was straight easy to use it for pressure in sfxt there is no usage of yours. so either fix it or remove it completly.

ps i meant spike rod thingy, and im not sure about this one, if it should be infinity repetitive (as far i remember it doesnt work like yours in sfa3 - but it might be different in sfxt).
Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:12:19 am by Teitan
#29  March 27, 2014, 11:36:53 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
second - you are wrong. have you ever tested how it should work, in sfxt at all? i cant do it right now for you, because i have uninstalled game and im too lazy to just reinstall it to test your precious character

you realize you dont have to be so passive aggressive over it , right?  hes not really throwing knives at you. Some keyboards just dont read 3 button presses, its a normal thing to question, he has no way to know what you were using.
#30  March 27, 2014, 12:12:55 pm
  • me? yes i am newbie
you realize you dont have to be so passive aggressive over it , right?  hes not really throwing knives at you. Some keyboards just dont read 3 button presses, its a normal thing to question, he has no way to know what you were using.

grrrr, i was so angry on myself, because i couldn't just launch game and prove him how it should work :D

ps 3 buttons commands are my favourite, because it's easy input. ive even configured some mugen chars supers for my own comfort as 3b presses. so yeah i found this keyboard suggestion kind of wierd.
maybe it would be better to change his taunt for 2b and m.d.attack for start (this is original option in sfxt 3b on 1)
#31  March 27, 2014, 11:37:20 pm
    • USA
:I

I mean complaints as in "bug report", not... whatever it is you're saying.

^ I´m one of those. I can´t do 3 simultaneous buttons commands for shit with this keyboard. It makes a "TUCK" sound everytime I try it.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Alright fine. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but I already had something planned for this. Because nobody told me they had problems during the beta I thought I wouldn't have to do it, but now I do. JERKS. >:[

OK so yeah basically I'll include an easy cmd that has Mekong Delta Attack done with 2 punches and Scouter Jump being done with one punch and one kick of differing strengths (Scouter Jump can't do the same thing as MDA because it is done with a direction motion too).

There are three quotes in Street Fighter X Tekken you missed for Rolento (but don't worry, everyone wouldn't notice anyway because it's an option in versus mode or when you don't do story mode with the two determined teams.)
I'll add 'em, thanks.

I've tested it on madcatz sfxt (new version) fightpad (since im usually playing on pad), then after assuming by other user that issue is my crappy keyboard, tested it on high end razer keyboard, and then just even connected qanba to last try. nope, it doesn't work (in sfxt i pull off these without problems + for example rufus ppp ultras works flawlessly).
Well I dunno what to tell you; it works fine on my end and the only people who can't pull it off have crappy keyboards. :-\

second - you are wrong. have you ever tested how it should work, in sfxt at all? i cant do it right now for you, because i have uninstalled game and im too lazy to just reinstall it to test your precious character (and this move isnt included in trials). but if you havent look yet into wiki there is how it should wotk:
I think you should reinstall SFxT. The wiki is wrong; the followup attacks are exactly the same. The bounce off the wall is exactly the same. The only difference between the EX version and the normal one is that the EX version is completely invincible on the way to the wall and Rolento reaches the wall a few ticks faster than the normal one (which I did not reproduce because I don't think it's worth it and because I don't want to mess with the velocity formula; regardless, it has no effect on gameplay). EX Mekong Delta Escape is a very useful tool because of that invincibility, it lasts so long that it provides a very useful escape for Rolento when he's cornered.

ps i meant spike rod thingy, and im not sure about this one, if it should be infinity repetitive (as far i remember it doesnt work like yours in sfa3 - but it might be different in sfxt).
Spike Rod and Trick Landing behave like they do in SFA3.
#32  March 28, 2014, 12:30:53 am
    • xxlunytun3sxx@aim.com
I dont really have any trouble doing the 3K/P commands on my 360 fightstick and pad.
http://www.twitch.tv/zer0degr33z

I sometimes stream MUGEN. Join me!
#33  March 28, 2014, 12:47:04 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. Alright fine. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this, but I already had something planned for this. Because nobody told me they had problems during the beta I thought I wouldn't have to do it, but now I do. JERKS. >:[

OK so yeah basically I'll include an easy cmd that has Mekong Delta Attack done with 2 punches and Scouter Jump being done with one punch and one kick of differing strengths (Scouter Jump can't do the same thing as MDA because it is done with a direction motion too).

That would be amazing, yes. Thanks for the consideration :)
Chilling
#34  March 28, 2014, 01:13:00 am
    • xxlunytun3sxx@aim.com
Only problem i have with the char is the Rekka attack feels really wonky cancelling into supers.

Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:21:34 am by Zer0degreez
#35  March 28, 2014, 01:17:29 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
It's a bit stricter compared to the beta and I kinda prefer the beta's cancel timings.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#36  March 28, 2014, 01:21:14 am
    • xxlunytun3sxx@aim.com
Yea me too. the timing is alot rougher. im used to it but the beta was alot easier.

#37  March 28, 2014, 01:28:45 am
    • USA
I don't remember changing any of the cancels. :-\

I'll check it out, watch this space

Posted: March 28, 2014, 01:31:07 am
Yeah uh I didn't touch the super cancels for Patriot Circle at all; literally the only thing changed cancel-wise was making Mekong Delta Attack easier to super cancel.

Posted: March 28, 2014, 01:31:34 am
or wait lemme check something else

Posted: March 28, 2014, 01:32:58 am
OK I did change the command time for Take No Prisoners when canceled from Patriot Circle, but I increased it, not decreased it. :-\
#38  March 28, 2014, 01:40:40 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Weird idk what happened then. .-.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#39  March 28, 2014, 01:41:44 am
    • xxlunytun3sxx@aim.com
Its ok bro. its not a huge deal honestly, thanks for checking up on it though.

#40  March 28, 2014, 04:19:29 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Did someone order some Steel rain bugs?