YesNoOk

Pots Style Sakura Updated! (Read 23224 times)

Started by 2Dee4ever, June 16, 2015, 09:27:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Pots Style Sakura Update!
#41  June 17, 2015, 10:44:22 pm
    • USA
I'm sure is the Bulleta KoopaKoot made time ago and he edited the sparks.
Any character that isn't already a pots style character is a bit different. Seeing as I've given her the system as well. Dodge,Roll,Power Charge, Ex moves etc.
To answer your question though yes.
#42  June 17, 2015, 10:46:02 pm
    • Argentina
Yes, I know, I'm sorry if it sounded like it was like you only changed the sparks. My bad! I meant you edited her.
#43  June 17, 2015, 10:50:07 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Also, why can Sakura do a Level 2 to a Level 1 super, according to the video?
That's how it's always been? Easy as removing super cancel & I missed the taunt.
Will use these.

Oh, just realized that you just edited the effects for her. Just thought that you'd bring Sakura closer to what Geese/Cammy/E. Honda were in nowadays. Don't worry about it.
#44  June 17, 2015, 10:53:05 pm
    • USA
That's how it's always been? Easy as removing super cancel & I missed the taunt.
Will use these.

Oh, just realized that you just edited the effects for her. Just thought that you'd bring Sakura closer to what Geese/Cammy/E. Honda were in nowadays. Don't worry about it.

Can you be more specific? Unless I'm crazy or something she has always already been a solid character? What is it that they have that she lacks? Game-play wise?

lui

#45  June 17, 2015, 11:04:44 pm
    • USA
Whoa, Bulleta AND Karin are being updated as well?! ShinRei is making a comeback yo!
Pls tell me you're gonne give R.Mika and Angel the same treatment :3
#46  June 17, 2015, 11:55:02 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Will use these.

Can you be more specific? Unless I'm crazy or something she has always already been a solid character? What is it that they have that she lacks? Game-play wise?

She's pretty solid, it's just a few things here and there. In the new PotS style, you can chain from Level 1 supers to Level 2 supers (For example, Haru Ichiban to Haru Issen), but not in the usual Level 1 to Level 1 kind of way or Level 2 to Level 1. That makes it feel like an Infinite-Styled character (which isn't bad, mind you).
But seeing as how Sakura has some difficulty pulling some super chains off with her "limited moves" (I put that in quotations because she is an Old PotS character in this case) I can see it passing. So, feel free to do whatever you like.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing PotS styled characters in their style nowadays, and seeing Ryu/Akuma updated like that made me excited. Honestly, the only thing I've ever done was edit the damages on Varos-Hades' Sodom, so I'm no true expert on making characters. I just don't to stress anyone out over details, so it's fine.

On another note, if she pulls a Sakura Otoshi and lands, her ENG sound will sound like the original sounds (instead of saying "Whoops" or something like that).
Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:00:43 am by Knuckles8864
#47  June 18, 2015, 01:07:49 am
    • USA
Will use these.

She's pretty solid, it's just a few things here and there. In the new PotS style, you can chain from Level 1 supers to Level 2 supers (For example, Haru Ichiban to Haru Issen), but not in the usual Level 1 to Level 1 kind of way or Level 2 to Level 1. That makes it feel like an Infinite-Styled character (which isn't bad, mind you).
But seeing as how Sakura has some difficulty pulling some super chains off with her "limited moves" (I put that in quotations because she is an Old PotS character in this case) I can see it passing. So, feel free to do whatever you like.

Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing PotS styled characters in their style nowadays, and seeing Ryu/Akuma updated like that made me excited. Honestly, the only thing I've ever done was edit the damages on Varos-Hades' Sodom, so I'm no true expert on making characters. I just don't to stress anyone out over details, so it's fine.

On another note, if she pulls a Sakura Otoshi and lands, her ENG sound will sound like the original sounds (instead of saying "Whoops" or something like that).

Ah I see. Well I know exactly what you mean. I play the hell out of this character so if anything I didn't want to buff her too much. I made some personal changes to her for my personal collection, but if you pref it as well I'll just default it to that. I gotchu.
#48  June 18, 2015, 12:39:15 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
I played with your edit of Pots's Sakura and noticed that her Shinkuu Hadouken does not connect cornered characters when performed in close range. Then I tested Pots' original Sakura and this issue occured as well. Since you are working on her update, I thought you might want to fix it.
Re: Pots Style Sakura Updated!
#49  June 19, 2015, 03:01:03 am
    • USA
Updated!
P.S
I came across a bug that I haven't been able to replicate if you happen to discover it let me know!
#50  June 19, 2015, 03:41:15 am
Nice edit!! :thumbsup:

No super finish sound.
#51  June 19, 2015, 03:55:43 am
    • USA