YesNoOk

Can't open MEGA (Read 5979 times)

Started by Yuko, September 22, 2019, 12:54:41 pm
Share this topic:
Can't open MEGA
#1  September 22, 2019, 12:54:41 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
It's been 2 or 3 days that I can't access MEGA (https://mega.nz) in any device connected to my wifi/internet. It keeps loading and I get the "This site can’t be reached. mega.nz took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" error. A few days ago I could access it normally, but for some reason it won't load anymore. I have tried using different browsers, using my and my parents phone, using alternate DNS, disabling antivirus and firewall, resetting my modem/wifi, and nothing. Other people I asked said they can access MEGA normally, the problem is with my internet.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Re: Can't open MEGA
#2  September 22, 2019, 03:56:13 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Try with Google Drive. If not, Mediafire is your friend.
This is fate.
#3  September 22, 2019, 10:39:42 pm
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
It's been 2 or 3 days that I can't access MEGA (https://mega.nz) in any device connected to my wifi/internet. It keeps loading and I get the "This site can’t be reached. mega.nz took too long to respond. ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" error. A few days ago I could access it normally, but for some reason it won't load anymore. I have tried using different browsers, using my and my parents phone, using alternate DNS, disabling antivirus and firewall, resetting my modem/wifi, and nothing. Other people I asked said they can access MEGA normally, the problem is with my internet.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

I had this problem too!
Just changed the DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1, both from Cloudflare and it works! :D
Maybe will work with Google's DNS too (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4).
#4  September 23, 2019, 10:22:37 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Try with Google Drive. If not, Mediafire is your friend.

Upload is not the problem, the problem is files I want to download from MEGA, plus I have all my backup files there. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

I had this problem too!
Just changed the DNS to 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1, both from Cloudflare and it works! :D
Maybe will work with Google's DNS too (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4).

I have tried using Google's DNS before with no success. Now I tried Cloudflare's too, and nothing :/

I did a workaround though, using a proxy/vpn extension for chrome. Not the best thing to do but at least I can open it now.

Edit: I'll leave this as unsolved because without the extension I still can't open MEGA, so any other suggestions are welcome.
#5  September 23, 2019, 10:20:40 pm
  • Sr. Símio Enfermo
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/people/Manson-Rees/100027897993934
You should clean/delete your browser's cache after your DNS is changed, just for safe.
If this don't work too I really don't know how to help you. :(
#6  September 24, 2019, 12:13:35 am
    • USA
I work in IT support, what country are you attempting to access Mega from?
#7  September 24, 2019, 04:05:49 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
You should clean/delete your browser's cache after your DNS is changed, just for safe.
If this don't work too I really don't know how to help you. :(

I did. The thing is I can't access it through my phone too. Anything connected to my wifi can't open it. The problem is not the browser, is the internet :(
I guess I'll have to contact the support to solve this...

I work in IT support, what country are you attempting to access Mega from?

from Brazil.

Edit: apparently using MEGA's extension also works without having to use the VPN.
Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 05:01:25 am by DeathScythe
#8  October 11, 2019, 03:14:56 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
So, I tried opening MEGA a few minutes ago and it opened on my browser without the need of an extension or anything, it's also opening on my phone and other devices. Not sure what was causing it as I didn't do anything different. Anyway, this topic is solved. Thanks guys for the replies. ;D