YesNoOk

Evolver 2D Platform fighter [ PreAlpha-Beta ] test (Read 3609 times)

Started by micahld, October 11, 2017, 09:14:37 pm
Share this topic:
Evolver 2D Platform fighter [ PreAlpha-Beta ] test
#1  October 11, 2017, 09:14:37 pm
    • USA
Hello all! Check out the trailer for our final semi-public Alpha-Beta test for Evolver, a new competitive 2D platform fighter in development.

Trailer showing some match footage and supers.

It’s finally here! Our final semi-public preAlpha-beta test started yesterday. The download link will be posted everyday between now and Friday and I will make my best attempts to fix any and all bugs reported each day until Friday the 13th. Please download, enjoy, and let us know what we can do better! We are trying to eliminate all bugs before focusing on the metroidvania campaign, so all of your input is greatly appreciated!

Download link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar53CWUHzI_th6c_90p3TcFbFWW4cA

Who and what:
My name is Micahl, and I'm the founder of a small, international dev team called Weapons Grade Studios. I've spent the last couple of years building a new, 2D fighter from scratch, and the code is almost market ready. After getting the fundamental engine right, it was thanks to the plethora of sprites available from the M.U.G.E.N community that allowed me to progress to the market ready code I have now. To celebrate, we're doing a final week of bug testing and then, next Tuesday, October 10th, we will be hosting our final beta test of this version of the game (with the M.U.G.E.N. sprites). I invite you all to check it out and give honest feedback and criticism. I want to make the best competitive fighter that I can, and the best way to do that is through the community. So come back next Tuesday to check out the game. You can get regular updates by following us on facebook and twitter as well as keep up with the weekly development on my blog.

When, how, and why:
This version of the game supports local Versus matches and sports a decent VS AI (used for all trailer footage) for those testing alone. We'll be hosting the download from October 10th - October 13th on our facebook page, and I'll be making bug fixes and updates daily based on the feedback I receive. Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

The game
Evolver is an extremely unique fighter with both platform and traditional fighting elements. Players build their fighters in the character select and use each characters unique abilities to take control of the match. With no true blocking mechanic, Evolver is fast paced and strategy intensive. With MOBA like resource management, interactable stage weapons, and a unique and original combo system, Evolver is a fighter like nothing you've ever played.
Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 09:18:42 pm by micahld
Re: Evolver 2D Platform fighter [ PreAlpha-Beta ] test
#2  October 12, 2017, 12:33:20 am
Not being able to change the controls hurts the presentation of the game. There's no guide on how to change those.

I managed to get to the tutorial by pressing random buttons (5 and 8 of the numeric pad, wasd for directions).

Also this is not Mugen, it's made in GameMaker.