Started by MvC Champ, August 16, 2017, 05:07:19 am
Share this topic:
Air Combo Issues
#1  August 16, 2017, 05:07:19 am
  • Da Champ is Here!
    • El Salvador
    • hdbcibrifb@gmail.com
    • benitez57.wix.com/mvcchamp
Hey everyone, its me again. I'm here to tell you that I'm struggling on getting air combos to work. On my MvC Shingo character, there was a problem when I tried to make an air combo. When I try to do an air combo, doing about 3 hits works fine. But when I try to go more than 3 hits, the collision goes through the opponent without it getting hit:

As seen in the screenshot, whenever I try to do an air combo, it doesn't stay for long and it goes through something like that. I've tried many way to try to fix it but nothing worked. I was wondering if anyone was able to help me fix this issue. Thanks.
Re: Air Combo Issues
#2  August 16, 2017, 06:50:25 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
From the screen shot it seems as though P2 doesn't have a hitbox. So it'd be impossible to hit him.
Use debug, CTRL+D, and switch it to P2. Move around and watch the values change to make sure you're on P2.
Perform the combo and note what statedef and anim P2 is in.
First look at P2's animation. I have a feeling there wont be a hitbox. IF there is, go into the statedef and see if there's a hitoverride.

The next thing that could be happening is P2 is being sent into a falldown state, and your character's hitdef wont allow the hit to work.
See if you have
hitflag = MAF
If not, try that.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  August 17, 2017, 04:49:48 am
  • Da Champ is Here!
    • El Salvador
    • hdbcibrifb@gmail.com
From the screen shot it seems as though P2 doesn't have a hitbox. So it'd be impossible to hit him.
Use debug, CTRL+D, and switch it to P2. Move around and watch the values change to make sure you're on P2.
Perform the combo and note what statedef and anim P2 is in.
First look at P2's animation. I have a feeling there wont be a hitbox. IF there is, go into the statedef and see if there's a hitoverride.

The next thing that could be happening is P2 is being sent into a falldown state, and your character's hitdef wont allow the hit to work.
See if you have
hitflag = MAF
If not, try that.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I've tried to add the hitflag and no matter how many times I've tried to make the combo, the opponent always goes into the fall state instead. But from what I was noting, the anim P2 goes to is 5030 when hit with the combo and then after a few hits, P2 transitions into anim 5035. So what I need it something to prevent P2 transitioning to state 5035 while I'm doing the combo or at least P2 be able to be attacked during state 5035 or else P2 won't be able to be attacked during that state.
#4  August 17, 2017, 09:26:21 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Did you read P2's statedefs to see if there's a hit override and check the anim to see if it has hitboxes?

This could also come down to your juggle points. See what they're all set to, count'em up, and see when P2 becomes unhitable if it corresponds.
Set them all to 0 and see if you can continue the combo.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  August 17, 2017, 09:56:55 pm
  • Déjà vu, mayhap—have you been here as well?
Its probably the juggle points like Odb said, see if in the moves Statedefs it has "juggle" set to 5 or something, the default for juggle points is 15. So if you hit the opponent 3 times with "juggle = 5" attacks, you cant keep the combo going coz it reaches the limit. Try changing them to 0
#6  August 20, 2017, 04:48:15 am
  • Da Champ is Here!
    • El Salvador
    • hdbcibrifb@gmail.com
Its probably the juggle points like Odb said, see if in the moves Statedefs it has "juggle" set to 5 or something, the default for juggle points is 15. So if you hit the opponent 3 times with "juggle = 5" attacks, you cant keep the combo going coz it reaches the limit. Try changing them to 0

Yeah. That seemed to fixed the problem. Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.