Started by -Whiplash-, February 17, 2018, 09:06:17 am
Share this topic:
Raditz MVC1 Style
#1  February 17, 2018, 09:06:17 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey guys, I've been working Raditz (in MVC1 style) and He's done.

I think I did a decent job Emulating MVC1 and also making raditz fun to play!

If you find any bugs let me know!

Download

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to see content)

Spoiler: Movelist (click to see content)

There's a half-assed Palette template included in the zip, if you make any palettes there let me know, and I'll add them.

This will probably be the last character I make for a while. I'm gonna start working on MVCVS again.
Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:18:05 am by -Whiplash-
Re: Raditz MVC1 Style
#2  February 17, 2018, 02:28:06 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I gotta say, just from how much I've played him, he feels pretty good so far. The only thing I have to offer as far as feedback for now are that his ground combo-ability kind of sucks, and he does still need the slowdown when you've KO'ed the opponent. Other than that, everything feels pretty smooth. Good work.
#3  February 17, 2018, 05:40:20 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
I agree with the ground combo-ability. It seems like there's too much pushback for me to do a simple zigzag chain,

that seems to be the only thing i've got. good stuff

My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#4  February 17, 2018, 08:37:39 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
he does still need the slowdown when you've KO'ed the opponent.

Fixed, sorry.

I agree with the ground combo-ability. It seems like there's too much pushback for me to do a simple zigzag chain,

This is intended, it's how it was for almost everyone in mvc, you can see it yourself:

Go Play MVC.

Pick Ryu.

If you get more than 2 hits trying to do Light punch -> Medium Punch -> Heavy Punch I'll give you a medal.

With raditz, try LP/LK -> Crouching MP -> HK/C.HP
Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 03:26:04 am by -Whiplash-
#5  February 17, 2018, 08:57:17 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
gotcha, i haven't played mvc in a while so i'll believe your word on that.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open

lui

#6  February 17, 2018, 10:22:06 pm
    • USA
whiplash went and studied the actual data of mvc1 for this character so he's def going to feel off for those who are used to mugen characters that always have the zig-zag chain (im very guilty of this), like he even timed the letters appearing at the end of the supers perfectly.
#7  February 18, 2018, 05:35:56 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
I like this style of Raditiz a lot, and his sprites fit the style good too. I agree the combo-ability could be a little more engaging though. Even if that is how most the chars play in MvC, that doesn't mean he absolutely has to himself. Welcome the beauty of MUGEN. He could still play exactly like an MvC character, but can also bring some of his own flavor to the table even if it's subtle, like decreased pushback. Imitation is the purest form of flattery, but innovation is the purest form of creativity. Creativity is the art of self expression.
#8  February 18, 2018, 06:27:07 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
...why is his xscale smaller than his yscale?
As opposed to CPS resolutions, DBZEB's sprites are properly proportioned from the get-go.
.9, .9 should be fine, .75, .9 looks way too weird.

Liking what I see though!

Outside of that:
-Dashing with normal inputs and then crouching right after while maintaining forward can cause the dash effect and sound to repeat itself, alongside causing Raditz to stop dead in his tracks
-Wallhit audio almost always cuts off (and in turn makes ending a match with Exciting Year really awkward when there's no music lol)
-Is j.HK freezing after an air chain from a launcher supposed to be intentional? I mean I don't have a problem with it at all, but it looked pretty funny when I did an aerial rave and whiffed my j.HP, only to land a j.HK close to the ground and still have him frozen. :P

Gameplay-wise, he does feel sound. I wasn't ever a big MVC1 advocate but he does have the same... I guess heaviness is the closest term I could use to describe it.

Personally I think his sounds are really loud but that could be my setup, so who knows.

Good shit, hombre. I'm a fan. :D
Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 06:31:11 am by henk
#9  February 18, 2018, 07:08:15 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I like this style of Raditiz a lot, and his sprites fit the style good too. I agree the combo-ability could be a little more engaging though. Even if that is how most the chars play in MvC, that doesn't mean he absolutely has to himself. Welcome the beauty of MUGEN. He could still play exactly like an MvC character, but can also bring some of his own flavor to the table even if it's subtle, like decreased pushback. Imitation is the purest form of flattery, but innovation is the purest form of creativity. Creativity is the art of self expression.
You're right, He doesn't have to. But I Wanted him to.

...why is his xscale smaller than his yscale?
As opposed to CPS resolutions, DBZEB's sprites are properly proportioned from the get-go.
.9, .9 should be fine, .75, .9 looks way too weird.

Liking what I see though!

Done, This also give his attack a lot more reach, so certain moves COMBO better.

-Dashing with normal inputs and then crouching right after while maintaining forward can cause the dash effect and sound to repeat itself, alongside causing Raditz to stop dead in his tracks

I'm not sure if this is really a bug? sound like you are crouch cancelling your dash on like frame 1. Regardless, I've moved the effects to frame 2.

-Wallhit audio almost always cuts off (and in turn makes ending a match with Exciting Year really awkward when there's no music lol)

Fixed.

-Is j.HK freezing after an air chain from a launcher supposed to be intentional? I mean I don't have a problem with it at all, but it looked pretty funny when I did an aerial rave and whiffed my j.HP, only to land a j.HK close to the ground and still have him frozen. :P

Yes, it is, that's an oversight however, I've fixed it now.

Personally I think his sounds are really loud but that could be my setup, so who knows.

Lol, I just made them louder too, since they were really low before.

Good shit, hombre. I'm a fan. :D

Thank you very much!

Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:56:40 am by -Whiplash-
#10  February 18, 2018, 07:27:15 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
This will make a very good replacement for Heal The World’s Raditz. Thanks for the release.
#11  February 18, 2018, 07:51:16 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Hey guys I just realised I forgot to add the hyper afterimages. they're there now.

Sorry to bug you guys but if you could all re-download it would be great.
#12  February 18, 2018, 07:21:15 pm
    • Brazil
    • iaramongtg@gmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/MugenDownloadLinksAndShareRamonGarcia
thanks i like chars in MVC style :)
:bison: IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC CHAR IN HI-RES=FILTERED SPRITES SEND ME A MESSAGE IN MY E-MAIL WITH THE LINK OF CHAR THAT I CONVERT TO HI-RES (Observation is a very cheap price :yes: and the result is very good]. Here is my e-mail: iaramongtg@gmail.com :bison:

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ramongtg
And If you want Suport me / Encourage me, donate here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=89HXL726XVEFG&source=url :bison:
#13  February 18, 2018, 08:43:28 pm
    • USA
Interesting. Is it possible you can do Bardock in MvC style? Hopefully later on today I will be doing Raditz for my tag team project release.
#14  February 19, 2018, 12:18:34 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

As expected from you Whiplash, great job. Keep going with the MvC Style groove! :)
#15  February 19, 2018, 12:51:17 am
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
My favorite DBZ character, Nice Whip!
#16  February 19, 2018, 01:26:41 am
    • USA

Finally did a video of it. The problem is when Raditz is defeated or after beating CPU, he as a slow mode in the middle of a match by the time i use the tag patch.
#17  February 24, 2018, 11:50:01 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I was gonna bring it up, but Majin Kaine did it instead. But yeah, that slowdown thing isn't just on a tag patch, it's there from the start for me.
#18  February 25, 2018, 12:21:38 am
    • USA
I was gonna bring it up, but Majin Kaine did it instead. But yeah, that slowdown thing isn't just on a tag patch, it's there from the start for me.

if you watch the clip I beat piccolo and I hear a sound then the slow mode is on. it slows down the gameplay
#19  February 25, 2018, 11:43:25 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
a couple of problems with your dbz character are 2 of the following problems that each dbz character by g-knux and kenshiro 99 released:

1. they keep spamming the same level 1 super when they reach max power, can you have an ai at least save power then use the super whenever it feels like it

2. they keep spamming advancing guards when blocking a normal, special, and super attacks, it's annoying, just have the ai block more than doing advancing guards
#20  February 27, 2018, 02:49:35 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I've updated his AI.

Should be less spammy and do more actual combos.

also I fixed a bug with the gaurd hitspark on double sunday