YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2928197 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#10881  December 11, 2017, 12:57:42 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Nice trailer and etc, but...it seems that old leak about Oro, Viper and Q was a lie T_T.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#10882  December 11, 2017, 06:05:10 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Nice to see the classics back, hope Sagat's gameplay doesn't get reworked into something unrecognizable.

I mean, they can talk all they want about combo extenders and extra V-Triggers which only exacerbate the problem with the game that I still have(too rushdown heavy with very little options otherwise) but I still see nothing that makes it actually playing defensively is viable, nothing about the netcode getting fixed, nothing about the frames being changed from feeling too floaty, way too simplistic and no depth to the characters, etc.

None of what they showed so far is gonna change that it's still Street Fighter V and it's not gonna be fun to play. I mean people were bewildered to see Daigo winning with textbook fundamentals, and Capcom hasn't shown anything that suggests that it will be different. And lol at command grabs now having 70f on recovery, it makes total sense for quick grappler Alex to be that slow even though he's one of the worst in the game right now.

Also yeah netcode is overrated, guess it's easy to just say "oh we have rollback now" and have everyone believe that it's the best ever.

I feel that's the case too. People are just hyping themselves up because "Capcom is finally listening". A few that didn't buy the game will buy the game, find out that nothing changed and leave disappointed.
I think the best idea for me is to wait for it to go on sale on Steam for like 20$ or so...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#10883  December 11, 2017, 07:03:08 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
None of what they showed so far is gonna change that it's still Street Fighter V and it's not gonna be fun to play. I mean people were bewildered to see Daigo winning with textbook fundamentals, and Capcom hasn't shown anything that suggests that it will be different.

What do you think would have to happen for Capcom to truly redeem itself as far as Street Fighter V goes? You can't just say it's forever ruined because of its abysmal opening, poor promotion, or any combination thereof*. The reality of the matter is, nothing is ever perfect. We put so much pressure on these companies because we expect so much of them, from the characters to the game play and everything in between. If one single tiny microscopic little thing goes wrong, then all the pieces crumble like a Jenga building. That's the risk you take for creating video games.

If my fan game ever became acceptable, I would have to go through the same things Capcom went through. Because even a person like me can make mistakes.

* Internal office issues on the other hand, that I do understand. Covering the Donald Sterling scandal during my 2015 Clippers Season Wrap-Up podcast opened up my eyes to executive meddling. It can happen.
#10884  December 11, 2017, 07:10:54 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
None of what they showed so far is gonna change that it's still Street Fighter V and it's not gonna be fun to play. I mean people were bewildered to see Daigo winning with textbook fundamentals, and Capcom hasn't shown anything that suggests that it will be different.

What do you think would have to happen for Capcom to truly redeem itself as far as Street Fighter V goes? You can't just say it's forever ruined because of its abysmal opening, poor promotion, or any combination thereof*. The reality of the matter is, nothing is ever perfect. We put so much pressure on these companies because we expect so much of them, from the characters to the game play and everything in between. If one single tiny microscopic little thing goes wrong, then all the pieces crumble like a Jenga building. That's the risk you take for creating video games.

If my fan game ever became acceptable, I would have to go through the same things Capcom went through. Because even a person like me can make mistakes.

* Internal office issues on the other hand, that I do understand. Covering the Donald Sterling scandal during my 2015 Clippers Season Wrap-Up podcast opened up my eyes to executive meddling. It can happen.

That's some terrible logic and you know it. If they are half-assing on a product and the only they have done in terms of "fixing" it is to toss around some special effects and cosmetics without addressing the core problems, you are basically making a shiny turd.

Here's the funny part, Capcom has been fucking up when it comes to their fighting games(SFxTK coming out in such a state to have DLC characters on the disc among other problems, UMvC3 being announced 5 months after MvC3's release and that coming out with less modes than MvC3 had, SFV's abysmal launch and MvC;I even worse absymal launch) so that excuse is even worse to use for them than ever because they had the time to learn...and didn't take it.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#10885  December 11, 2017, 07:15:03 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#10886  December 11, 2017, 07:19:36 pm

All I said is that I didn't like the gameplay and netcode. It's not about them redeeming anything (that's a somewhat separate issue), the game just isn't for me at this point.
#10887  December 11, 2017, 07:31:48 pm
UMvC3 being announced 5 months after MvC3's release and that coming out with less modes than MvC3 had
Remember that happened because of the quake/tsunami of 2011 which happened like a month after the release of MvC3 and forced them to put out whatever they had that was done a few months later because they wouldn't be able to do more.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#10888  December 11, 2017, 07:44:59 pm

What do you think would have to happen for Capcom to truly redeem itself as far as Street Fighter V goes? You can't just say it's forever ruined because of its abysmal opening, poor promotion, or any combination thereof.

Sure I can. Why on earth couldn't I? Some games are bad.
#10889  December 11, 2017, 08:15:23 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
UMvC3 being announced 5 months after MvC3's release and that coming out with less modes than MvC3 had
Remember that happened because of the quake/tsunami of 2011 which happened like a month after the release of MvC3 and forced them to put out whatever they had that was done a few months later because they wouldn't be able to do more.

I understand that atleast but that was still a very bad black spot for Capcom.

#10890  December 11, 2017, 11:00:14 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Looking forward to Sakura. She is a great addition, and they teased her, it was obvious.

Blanka... I bloody hate Blanka. Least interesting SF II character. He felt very out there (same could be said for Dhalsim, tho)
Still, I think Blanka will become a very fun addition, at least how he looked. So, I'm not going to be mad about it.

Falke. She looks like a Shadaloo Doll, as previous said, she does remind me a hell a lot about Juni. So, I guess a doll was bound to happen.

Cody. He looks really good in this, and I'm really looking forward to see more about the character.

G... Who the hell is G!? When I first saw the glimpse of this, I thought it was Q. And then I saw a more human-ic sort of character, and figured he might be Q without the mask, but honestly I can't tell shit. He is a new mystery. He looks interesting tho.

Sagat. OH YES. Been waiting for the king to return.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#10891  December 12, 2017, 12:19:09 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I honestly don't know if I should buy AE...

The problems I have with SFV seems to be getting addressed, but some of them aren't either.

I mean, they can talk all they want about combo extenders and extra V-Triggers which only exacerbate the problem with the game that I still have(too rushdown heavy with very little options otherwise) but I still see nothing that makes it actually playing defensively is viable, nothing about the netcode getting fixed, nothing about the frames being changed from feeling too floaty, way too simplistic and no depth to the characters, etc.

My curiosity may ultimately get me to buy a copy...but only when it's on sale on Steam.

I can understand that reasoning. To me, it seems like the main thing that's being focused on is things for the less competitive audience, hence the huge effort going into arcade mode and whatnot. There have been many complaints about the game being too rushdown heavy and the lack of defensive options, so that's something that I feel can't really be ignored. I honestly think that will be an announcement later on before the game's release about the things mentioned about the game's general engine.

If that won't be the case, then I'll just wait for feedback from others before I get the game. I still haven't touched SFV ever since all the negative response it got, even though I'd prolly still enjoy it because I'm like that. I just hope that Capcom learns from SFV and MvC:I and there isn't anymore of these Damage Control situations like this.
#10892  December 12, 2017, 12:39:49 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Awwwnn, Sakura and Cody are so fuking gorgeous! Now I guess I like this game for real :coollove:
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:58:26 am by Silva the Silver
#10893  December 12, 2017, 01:30:08 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
In case anyone's wondering, in Final Fight 3 there was an enemy named G but it's going to be another Abigail situation, where he looks radically different from source game.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#10894  December 12, 2017, 03:51:19 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Nah, it looks way too diferent from Final Fight's G, Abigail still recognizable, just a bit different.

I've heard people saying that this is Greg from Bloody Roar, and it does looks a lot like him.
Lasagna
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:00:47 am by -Ash-
#10895  December 12, 2017, 05:00:56 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#10896  December 12, 2017, 05:52:28 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Nah, its looks way too diferent from Final Fight's G, Abigail still recognizable, just a bit different.

I've heard people saying that this is Greg from Bloody Roar, and it does looks a lot like him.

Would they low-key add a Bloody Roar fighter? I still think it's FF3 G, but what you said makes sense.
#10897  December 12, 2017, 06:52:17 am
In case anyone's wondering, in Final Fight 3 there was an enemy named G but it's going to be another Abigail situation, where he looks radically different from source game.
other than being a human being, he looks absolutely nothing like the enemy from ff3
#10898  December 12, 2017, 09:39:25 am

they are selling me their shit, i don't have to buy the game because i feel bad for capcom's dev, they still get paid whether they did their job or not. i'm the costumer and they have to swoon me if dislike the game i won't buy it. simple as that.
#10899  December 12, 2017, 03:26:12 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com

they are selling me their shit, i don't have to buy the game because i feel bad for capcom's dev, they still get paid whether they did their job or not. i'm the costumer and they have to swoon me if dislike the game i won't buy it. simple as that.

capcom had learned their mistakes, this final product with season 3 for 35 dollars to enter the game is a good deal for everyone.
infact this is the only fighting game with fightmoney where you feel balanced between Learning and earning virtual money.
Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:30:03 pm by yaret
#10900  December 12, 2017, 03:28:03 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I think I'll pass on the offer... Nice work on Capcom for retooling the game almost completely for the comparative few who clung to it, though.