YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 950989 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4301  May 01, 2018, 05:25:59 pm
  • Time to give back to this place. Starting now.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

OK, that's pretty interesting. What does this mean in the long run?
#4302  May 01, 2018, 06:37:17 pm
  • If you ask me again, I'll tell you the same.
    • USA
For one thing it means Haim Saban no longer owns it, so maybe Japanese games like FF 15 are free to make sentai inspired costumes again without fear of his zealous legal action
We the best
We will cut a frowny face in your chest, little wench
I'm unmentionably fresh, I'm a mensch, get correct
I will walk into a court while it wrecks, screaming "Yes!
I am guilty motherfuckers, I am death."
Hey, you wanna hear a good joke?
Nobody speak, nobody get choked
#4303  May 01, 2018, 07:08:07 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Zealous legal action?
#4304  May 01, 2018, 08:22:55 pm
    • USA
Metal Gear?
We the best
#4305  May 02, 2018, 12:49:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Really odd question that I have no faith in it being an actuality regardless, but just a thought; does this make the White Ranger an easier license to get for Warner Bros/Netherrealm for the next Mortal Kombat?

I recall along Spawn and Hellboy, the White Ranger was hotly requested, which I'm guessing came solely from the ridiculousness that was this.

And I'm sure people have moved on and forgotten about that by now, but you never know.  They've been getting pretty out there with the people joining Injustice 2.
Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:56:01 am by Long John Killer
#4306  May 02, 2018, 03:04:57 am
  • What's up, Doc?
    • USA

Considering Hasbro is first and foremost a children's entertainment company, I very much doubt that the first thing they're going to do with their new property is license it out to the goriest video game franchise in history.
#4307  May 02, 2018, 03:36:23 am
    • USA
Aren't they also the same ones that gave a Transformer testicles to aim at?

But yeah, I wasn't expecting it to pull through, just Hasbro has been more lenient to risqué use of their properties than Saban was with Power Rangers.
#4308  May 02, 2018, 03:50:45 am
    • USA
Hey now, Michael Bay gave that Transformer nuts. Hasbro just made sure the money was still rolling in.

I think Injustice is there specifically for characters like the White Ranger, so I don't see it likely that they would use him in Mortal Kombat. When you think about the guest characters in MK there's a reason it usually skews to horror movie villains like Freddy Krueger and Jason. The one outlier is Kratos and he had so many restrictions on fatalities it was laughable
We the best
#4309  May 16, 2018, 09:56:45 pm
The Deadpool movie goes here, right ?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#4310  May 18, 2018, 11:28:48 pm
    • Germany

A part of me died today....
#4311  May 18, 2018, 11:31:34 pm
  • Flupid Midiot
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Well it’s official. Cartoon Network has lost its creativity (and will lose the entire fan base soon)
#4312  May 18, 2018, 11:40:55 pm
  • What's up, Doc?
    • USA

I know the mandatory reaction to any new kids show is for adults to rant about it being a harbinger of the death of all art, but let's not pretend that fucking Thundercats ever had a ton of artistic integrity in the first place.  It was a toy commercial from the '80s.  If they want to make it goofy, then I say go right ahead.  Who cares.

ink

#4313  May 19, 2018, 12:11:30 am
  • inktrebuchet
    • USA
    • s236.photobucket.com/albums/ff271/inktrebuchet/?
I am super excited for that Thundercats! I mean, I love the original but I'm really glad that it's living on in some way.

Plus, that animation/art style is really great, I have no doubt I will enjoy it.
#4314  May 19, 2018, 01:27:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Rhis reminds me how surprised I am over the isekai genre not doing a thundercats homage like they did to heman. I mean, it's fuckign cat people you think it would have been done right away, instead we got "reincarnated as a polar bear"
#4315  May 19, 2018, 02:03:05 am
  • 99% Hawaii
    • Guatemala
Y'know the animation looks decent, even though a good deal of it comes from the simplistic redesigns.
#4316  May 19, 2018, 02:05:43 am
  • snowy smart aleck
  • so sonic wave
    • Puerto Rico
Is there any point to be positive or negative about it given it's just gonna be buried under endless TTG reruns
#4317  May 19, 2018, 04:57:50 am
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I love this idea. If anyone remembers, the last time they did a serious take on Thundercats, it didn't even last a whole season. Why not give this a shot?
#4318  May 19, 2018, 08:36:01 am
    • USA
Surprisingly tamer reactions than I was expecting after learning about this.  I can't agree with it looking good, like, at all, copying what works for Adventure Time or Steven Universe and pasting it over a previous entity will not work.  I'll give it a look simply because I loved the original and curiosity will bug me if I don't, but it's gonna be hard to expect it not to land somewhere between O.K. K.O. and Teen Titans Go.

It's just funny to me to consider the latest relevancy for Thundercats actually wasn't that long ago, with it finally crossing over with He-Man and going dead serious with Lion-O getting his eye gouged out and He-Man just straight-up gets murdered, and before that was the interesting if fairly different 2011 anime, which even lasted some time after it ended with reruns on Toonami, so it's not like it's a long forgotten franchise.  Heck, isn't there still a supposed theatrical movie in the works?  Likely to come out when the Spawn movie and Half-Life 3 do, but still.

I just want to say this now though, that smooshed body on Lion-O and to an extent the rest makes it really hard to take seriously he's supposed to be an adult, even with the more child-proportioned WilyKit and Kat as comparison.  The Sword of Omens not extending to an actual sword, just staying in dagger form, doesn't help either.
#4319  May 19, 2018, 11:38:42 am
  • 2 edjy 4 u
  • spriting drains the soul
    • USA
https://twitter.com/MinovskyArticle/status/997579601013608450

very relevant post since people are freaking the fuck out on the internet over a reboot meant for kids.

"It’s okay to see a reboot of a thing you loved as a kid, decide that this new version isn’t for you, and leave it to the next generation without comment. Encouraged even."

"I’m not into the design of the new Ninja Turtles cartoons, but I went to a friend’s house and his kid was obsessed with that show. That version of those characters is the only one he’s ever known. It’s cool, they’re his turtles now. Tastes change. Life goes on."

thank god someone has common sense about all of this

personally, im glad that its getting this kinda twist to it. the last reboot sucked ass, it really did despite the gorgeous art style
Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:58:54 am by Walruslui
#4320  May 22, 2018, 09:02:12 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZBmYOCWJ9o

I was more focused on reading the comments than watching the video since its mostly the same complaint with Teen Titans Go.

So fans are calling this reboot tumblrcats or tumblrcucks?  :lol:
SILVER said:
Saberblade, you're so full of yourself. Your quotes in your signature are like a self circle jerk. Its sad that you put so much emphasis on what the stupid members here say.
Tuxedo Biccy said:
You shut your mouth, Sarblade, we can have truth and facts interrupting our dystopia fanfics. :P