YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1034576 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#601  December 15, 2015, 07:50:46 pm
  • For honor!
That's not really a review as much as it is childish salt. Like, over the most stupid shit.

Like fuck, I'm sorry the still rather dominant Diddy Kong got a slap on the wrist (Not really) but Jigglypuff's still nerfed to complete un-viability since fuckin' Brawl and you don't see me being a big bawling baby over it.
Iroha stripped for me
#602  December 15, 2015, 07:59:42 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Most of the games I wanna put here are ones I'd list from Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection I dropped pretty damn fast for aging badly or just being shit in general. BUUUUUT

Golden Axe
Yes this game has a legacy and a place in history but it hasn't aged well at all. The first game is clunky as shit with barely any special attacks aside from magic, running feels awkward as does some of the platforming and sometimes you can get sandwiched between enemies and can't do shit about it until you die and respawn. Oh and the beasts you can ride mostly feel useless and shitty. And all in all the game becomes incredibly repetitive very fast

Golden Axe 2 is literally more like an expansion pack to GA 1. REUSED ASSETS AND SHIT EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH. Played up until I got the trophy and left because it was still crap.

Golden Axe 3 is marginally better since it actually has character specials and feels a bit quicker but not really a big improvement.

All three of these games are on the same disc as motherfucking Streets of Rage 2. Don't bother with them except for trophies, just play SOR2. And sonic 2. And Phantasy Star 4. And Story of Thor.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#603  December 15, 2015, 08:01:15 pm
  • For honor!
Mostly play Comix Zone. That's the most important game on the disk.
Iroha stripped for me
#604  December 15, 2015, 08:20:33 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Oh yeah I played that too. Its hard as fuck but hey its still a fun game and feels like an actual comic book adventure.

And its not Sonic 3D, the Golden Axe games, E-Swat or Shining in the Darkness so that's an auto win.
#605  December 15, 2015, 08:27:45 pm
  • For honor!
Hey at the very least E-Swat has like, the best boss theme ever
Iroha stripped for me
#606  December 15, 2015, 08:48:13 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
And its car appeared in Streets of Rage 1.
#607  December 15, 2015, 10:11:47 pm
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
That's not really a review as much as it is childish salt. Like, over the most stupid shit.

Like fuck, I'm sorry the still rather dominant Diddy Kong got a slap on the wrist (Not really) but Jigglypuff's still nerfed to complete un-viability since fuckin' Brawl and you don't see me being a big bawling baby over it.

You didn't even try to refute my points.
#608  December 16, 2015, 02:51:52 am
  • For honor!
You're implying that you were even being rational.
Iroha stripped for me
#609  December 16, 2015, 03:04:35 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
You are still not even bringing a counter argument, all you are trying to do is knock down my character by using insults such as "childish" and "salty". You could've at least countered my weaker points like how smash 4 being boring to watch is personal preference. On the Diddy subject one of the reasons he's still considered good is because Zero who's better than almost everybody else at the game atm duos him with Shiek, and whats stopping the meta from changing what if Diddy wasn't even that good when the game first launched but the meta wasn't given enough time to adapt to him but we will never know now. Listen I don't think your enjoyment of the game should be damaged because I personally don't enjoy it; but they way you are posting is trying to make me look stupid for not agreeing with your opinion, if you have a problem with me not enjoying the game enough that instead of placing counter-arguments to destroy my review that you result to just trying to make me look stupid is really dumb.
#610  December 16, 2015, 03:19:33 am
  • For honor!
You're trying to make it sound like you're making points and not pouring irrational salt.
Iroha stripped for me
#611  December 16, 2015, 03:23:51 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
how am I posting irrational salt? Do you even have any other argument other than "You're just salty"?
#612  December 16, 2015, 03:28:47 am
  • For honor!
What is there to argue? You're just being angry at silly things. There, do you like "angry" more than "salty"?
Iroha stripped for me
#613  December 16, 2015, 03:35:02 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
this thing that's happening here... wow
#614  December 16, 2015, 10:54:22 am
because what is the internet if it wasn't a place to get furious and argumentative over children's games?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#615  December 16, 2015, 11:25:55 am
This thread reminded me of the existence of Sonic 3D Blast and I hate you all
#616  December 27, 2015, 01:22:52 am
This thread reminded me of the existence of Sonic 3D Blast and I hate you all

Come on dude, sonic 3D blast's soundtrack is awesome, the game.. ehh

For me it was SOR Remake v5.1, this is legit my favorite SOR game to date.
Me and my friend had to stop due to stupid university :@
Check it out its awesome.
#617  December 27, 2015, 01:56:10 am
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
I 100% Sonic 3D Blast, the Sega Saturn version on PC... I'm not ashamed of it, the music was Lord-Like! Richard Jacques 4 Life!

BACK ON TOPIC
Freedom Planet
I went about two stages into the main story mode and stopped.
Then started again in Classic mode, that removes the "plot" and "voice acting", I got to stage 14 or so and just so bored now... It was neat to play a platformer like this again, but the gameplay's not that fun to me. I think it worked for Sonic because the stages were fast paced constantly.. and because it was the 90s.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
#618  December 28, 2015, 11:40:56 am
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
Jak and daxter - The lost frontier (ps2):

- Duuuuuuuu......(50 hours later)......uuuude, this game makes me so frustrated. Plot of that game is okay but gameplay is SO FU**ED UP! Graphics are really not rendered well, weapons are not great when you use them, no long jump, too many stages with air ship, I don't like pirates etc. etc.

- I had a ragequit and then I deleted the save file.
#619  December 28, 2015, 09:51:03 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
I've been practicing this new combo concept that I had with Jack-6. You can start off the combo with any ultra-high launching launcher, or Jack-6's ff+2.

ff 2 > ff > uf 1

Spent, like, 40+ mins. on that short string, and I've only been able to link them 60% of the time. It links, but it's really hard to pull off. I honestly feel that the extra effort just isn't worth it, but I'm getting sick of the same u 1+2(x2) insert after said high-launching launcher. I just want something new for my mains. I've also tried doing Kazuya's Mist Step + Electric combo filler after bound, but fuck that. It's amazing how people make it look so easy.

Demon's Souls
Got my character to about 150+ soul level, and now the invaders are becoming infrequent. I've also gotten almost all of the valuable weapons, except for the Dragon Bone Smasher(?), but it's really hard for me to make the World Tendency for that world Pure White, due to my progress. I think I'm now ready to touch Dark Souls w/ DLC.

Also, God's Rage + Ring of Miracle Sharpness(?) is the fucking bomb, yo. Sure, Firestorm works, too, but damn, that Miracle bits like a truck.

Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost
I've finally finished all of the Full Boost Missions (I had not updated the game during my previous post, and didn't know that there were additionals that were added through the update), and pretty much learned Zeta Gundam, Mk. II, and V2 Gundam's move set, along with SUMO, Hyaku Shiki, and Cherdum Gundam, since they're my mains. I think my body's now ready for a Maxi Boost port. All I do now is wait.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#620  January 23, 2016, 04:49:36 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam

Its not that its a bad game.The shitty forced Paper Toad minigames killed it for me though. That or my patience is shot. The music however is absolutely phenomenal. As is to be expected from Yoko.

Funnily, i gave up on Dream Team at around the same point too.(Last world before the finale). Maybe I'm too old for Mario and Luigi games? I dunno