Ikemen GO (Read 1221805 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#221  February 15, 2019, 04:44:16 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
So good new and bad news...

The Good, PNG files are working and loading just fine.
The Bad: Since SP localcoord doesn't work my current WIP SP that is in 1080P looks like this lol but its a start!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#222  February 15, 2019, 04:55:00 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Isn't that eve, winmugen?

You seem to be using the same old version if...
Well dee2ever,go is now have a mp3 support
If he compiled the newest exe, you are still using the old one with the same problems. You've been able to use 1.0 screen packs since vanilla Ikemen, same goes for plus. http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/ikemen-table-contents-please-read-first-175520.0.html

I assume, you mean port as in drag/drop. It's not hard especially with http://mugenguild.com/forum/ikemen-general-discussion-and-help.427
if you refuse to do any work then nope. Local Cord isn't supported so any SP with one will crash in GO.

The exe is custom fork (Of ikemen go not plus) of mine. (The main difrence with the other is fntv2 support and bugfixes)
And the reason because some screenpack crashes is not localcoord (You could open the new mugen 1.1 pack but it will not display properly as show on the post above) it's the lack of support of mugen quirky way of handling them.

Ikemen go support chracters up to 1.1
The screenpack/lifebar support is were it lacks.

Sadly for now i'm not working on implementing support for these screenpacks without edit.
First I have to implement local coord support and fix the mp3 loading.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 04:59:58 am by Gacel
#223  February 15, 2019, 05:02:01 am
    • USA
Adan said it was the most updated version of Go, same as the fork. MP3 definitely is an issue, I even converted all sounds to ogg and it cuts off frequently  https://youtu.be/2YnaQrvAKFY
Tbh, I kinda got bored of waiting for local cord, but if you ever need someone to mess around with stuff with, I use Ikemen exclusively to make all my content.

The Bad: Since SP localcoord doesn't work my current WIP SP that is in 1080P looks like this lol but its a start!

Use anim scale? What would be the downside doing so with a SP, not an expert. You’ve been waiting to do that forever good, finally eh.
#224  February 15, 2019, 05:14:31 am
    • USA
Adan said it was the most updated version of Go, same as the fork. MP3 definitely is an issue, I even converted all sounds to ogg and it cuts off frequently  https://youtu.be/2YnaQrvAKFY
Tbh, I kinda got bored of waiting for local cord, but if you ever need someone to mess around with stuff with, I use Ikemen exclusively to make all my content.

Use anim scale? What would be the downside doing so with a SP, not an expert. You’ve been waiting to do that forever good, finally eh.

Yeah I've done the Anim scale, back when I was working on yours since thats all that was available. if Localcoord gets fixed man its a cake walk to make an SP, since most of the coding I'd be doing it in regular mugen shit I just tossed my system.SFF and system.def and it loaded my SP, all bloated lol but it did it, so that alone pumped me up lol. I guess it wouldnt hurt to code it straight to Ikemen, might as well learn huh, and the last time I was using anim scale I didn't see any issues with the quality, I'll be playing with this more this weekend.
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:21:19 am by HUNGRY WOLF
#225  February 15, 2019, 05:22:35 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yup, for now anim scale it's the only solution.

And about localcoord it's ovious that it k4thos will never do it. So i will do it. (I also got tired of waiting)
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO (The exe I posted is based on this)
This is a fork that i'm making and i'm implementing localcoord (Read: working on it)
But first I have to fix the mp3 loading.

EDIT: Supersuehiro doens't have the lua screenpack files on his repo (I,m gonna see if he can post them) so the kr4tos one are the only avalible.

EDIT2: After working on fixing the mp3 i noticed that is easier to rebuild the music loading from the ground up.
Well it seems that i'm gonna work on implementing SP localcoord first. (In the weekend)
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:52:40 am by Gacel
#226  February 15, 2019, 05:54:28 am
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
There is a more updated go plus versión that kathos did but forget to upload on the Github with MP3 ,fnt2 and some other things dated from September 2018
And Even there is a discord chat for the fork
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
#227  February 15, 2019, 06:35:45 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yes i know it infact the fnt2 in my version was backported form the version that you are refering to.
The problem with kathos mp3 support is that is buggy (cut offs) even the suehiro ogg suport doens't work well. That the reason why the music loader/streamer it needs a rewrite.

I did not used krathos fork direcly because is outdated and could not be merged with the suehiro one. (If i used it, the updates that the main version released could not be implemented with the new changes)
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:23:27 am by Gacel
#228  February 15, 2019, 09:04:24 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Progress on screenpack localcoord.

I'm not sure about what I'm doing but it's working.

EDIT: Notice how mugen is cut's the bottom of the screen (And borders) in this screenpack (This explains why it looks so high)

EDIT2: This is the best I can do it's not perfect (p1/p2.face doesn't coordinate scale) but it the best I can do....
Kr4thos code broke my will...
(It really says something that the lua code is more complex/entangled than the go code, it even has his own custom parser)

It's 2am I'm going to sleep.
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:16:03 am by Gacel
#229  February 15, 2019, 04:31:26 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico

EDIT: In my rig the fullcolor/png sprites does not work on the Intel graphics it only works on the Nvidia for some reason...
I would like to some people test in their PC to see if Png sprites works on their end.

In my engine I noticed that some intel cards would not show png sprites that were not in powers of 2 or that were in too big of a power of 2.
#230  February 15, 2019, 05:58:24 pm
    • USA

EDIT: Notice how mugen is cut's the bottom of the screen (And borders) in this screenpack (This explains why it looks so high)

EDIT2: This is the best I can do it's not perfect (p1/p2.face doesn't coordinate scale) but it the best I can do....
(It really says something that the lua code is more complex/entangled than the go code, it even has his own custom parser)

It's 2am I'm going to sleep.

Tha's a hell of good start though, alignment of portraits, is not much of an issue, and can be fixed manually. Your doing good brother.
#231  February 15, 2019, 06:42:24 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
It seems that this starts to get interesting. A lot of desire to have a full version to start working on it. Thank you very much for all the work done to date.
#232  February 15, 2019, 08:07:27 pm
  • If you rip sprites i´ll rip your code
    • Mexico
    • www.m3xweb.260mb.com
Yup, for now anim scale it's the only solution.

And about localcoord it's ovious that it k4thos will never do it. So i will do it. (I also got tired of waiting)
https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO (The exe I posted is based on this)
This is a fork that i'm making and i'm implementing localcoord (Read: working on it)
But first I have to fix the mp3 loading.

EDIT: Supersuehiro doens't have the lua screenpack files on his repo (I,m gonna see if he can post them) so the kr4tos one are the only avalible.

EDIT2: After working on fixing the mp3 i noticed that is easier to rebuild the music loading from the ground up.
Well it seems that i'm gonna work on implementing SP localcoord first. (In the weekend)

That was the reason why i dropped all audio stuff that has to be related to Openal (all the audio support in fact) in my ikemen go plus sdl fork, for now there is only partial SDL support video only related stuff, but i was using old kathos ikemen go plus releases as a base; maybe i need to better focus on port the newest official supersuehiro ikemen go engine and start again using sdl2 instead of sdl1 for more compatibility.

Those are few for very hard issues due to opengl glew , there are many problems on intel graphics, nvidia graphics and radeon graphics cards related to only opengl software.
And furthermore full SDL will solve many many many of this but is as heavy as re-make the entire engine code, is that the reason for the delay...

But having an almost retro compatible mugen engine given the circumstances that you are continue debuging it's to greatly thank you.
And if you want the 32 bits and 64 bits windows exes i have both toolchains to compile it.
There is no knowledge that is not power
--------------------------------------
My Web Site
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:17:21 pm by MangeX
#233  February 15, 2019, 08:26:20 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
You are making a SDL fork? Awesome! I would like to see you repo.

And for the people interested in localcoord: I decided that editing the k4atos lua files was a waste (I simply cant understand his code) so I edited the lua command parser so it supports screenpack scale.

It maybe be ready today or tomorrow (But don't count on it)
#234  February 15, 2019, 08:30:18 pm
    • USA
You are making a SDL fork? Awesome! I would like to see you repo.

And for the people interested in localcoord: I decided that editing the k4atos lua files was a waste (I simply cant understand his code) so I edited the lua command parser so it supports screenpack scale.

It maybe be ready today or tomorrow (But don't count on it)

Take your time, the fact that we are getting improvements, it's exiting.   
#235  February 15, 2019, 08:43:53 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Thanks for the support!

Anyway now I can say that localcoord support is finished. (The only thing that does not scale is the mugen logo but that is only one sprite)

Now I only have to add widescreen support for the screenpack before release.

EDIT: Localcoord in the system file does't work (As i said I dot know how the kh4atos lua parser works)
To make this screenpack work you have to add "setLuaSpriteScale(3)" to main.lua (I know it annoying but is only temporal)

https://github.com/Windblade-GR01/Ikemen_GO/commit/1520e47dcc152a9c807a657d57e5468b9a0dbf6f
52 lines of code but only because at the start I wasted time trying to edit the lua file (The changes were all GO code)
Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:53:23 pm by Gacel
#236  February 15, 2019, 09:01:58 pm
    • USA
It’s like every other post you guys spell his name worse than before lol. Not important, I was just cracking up. I’ll mess with it more later as well. I was going to talk about some other things, but I suppose getting this out of the way first would be ideal before taking on other things.
#237  February 16, 2019, 04:55:09 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Well here is the required mugen files for ikemen. It's the mugen zip with removed unnecessary (For ikemen) files
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2u70ordfjqj186/Ikemen_Mugen_Files.zip/file

And the Ikemen build with "localcoord support"
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ode8t9a7qnocdyx/Ikemen_GO_15-02-2019.zip/file

Important: You have to modify the lifebar font loading to load from the font folder.
EXAMPLE:
Original: font1 = enter48.def
Ikemen:  font1 = font/enter48.def

Also the localcoord parameters don't get loaded from the default files you have to modify them in "screenpack.lua"
(I will implement loading from files latter)
EXAMPLE for a localcoord of 720:
setLuaSpriteScale(3)

Because 240 * 3 = 720

EDIT: If ikemen crashes (For some reason) you can find the error inside the log.txt file inside the debug folder.
PS: It only took 1 day and half to implement screenpack localcoord support. That was fast!
Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:03:44 am by Gacel
#238  February 16, 2019, 05:09:01 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Damn dude you're fast, good stuff.

Whats next? MP3 support!?
Lasagna
Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:12:26 am by -Ash-
#239  February 16, 2019, 06:38:27 am
    • USA
MangeX, do you have any specific plans? I’m really interested in the things previously purposed. Remember back when K4thos said a new button had been added? If start could be pause and trigger the actual pause as it does on the keyboard, select could be the taunt. Instead of building a pause screen in the characters.
#240  February 16, 2019, 08:24:37 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Damn dude you're fast, good stuff.

Whats next? MP3 support!?

Yup Mp3/Wav/Flac support and after that lifebar localcoord support. (And fix the options menu when scaled) But I have college exams next week so I will be busy

Remember back when K4thos said a new button had been added? If start could be pause and trigger the actual pause as it does on the keyboard, select could be the taunt. Instead of building a pause screen in the characters.

I'm not MangeX but I can answer that Supersuehiro added in ikemen go two buttons W and V (Displayed inside the input menu as L and R) the buttons are command button. (Used like a, x , c, etc)
But, with a little of coding I (or MangeX) can add the option to remap the pause button, even add one for every player (Ikemen supports a unlimited number of human controlled players/characters so that means that a 8 vs 8 with every single character begin controlled by a human is posible)

Also MangeX, like ;x im also interested in Ikemen SDL
Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:32:24 am by Gacel