YesNoOk

Looking for Bloggers and Reviewers (Read 1883 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, May 13, 2015, 10:42:36 am
Share this topic:
Looking for Bloggers and Reviewers
#1  May 13, 2015, 10:42:36 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Build up a little gaming news and reviews website http://www.hoffmanntoid.com/

I myself am going to write 1-2 reviews per week there now how reviews look can be seen there http://www.hoffmanntoid.com/all-review-list/shadow-tower-is-truly-an-acquired-taste-and-not-for-everyone/

If anyone here is interested to become part of the curently 4 people small team (The website is online since yesterday) please send me a PM.

Beside reviews, opinion pieces gaming news with humor and even Mugen news like when a new full-game was released can be part of the writing shedule. There are no ads on the site, its not there to make money, its a simple hobby website for fun.
Re: Looking for Bloggers and Reviewers
#2  May 13, 2015, 11:28:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Why the name hoffman?  It ends up sounding a bit wierd with the toid that I assume is from destructoid

HQ

#3  May 13, 2015, 12:21:40 pm
Hire people that can write in proper English. Some of the stuff on the page makes me wonder why you would not want to improve your English first, before going out there and writing stuff like this:

"I really like the May and even more the possibilities I have through this website with all those additional blog and article writing options, bringing back the “But For Me, It Was Tuesday” blog series based on the M.Bison Gimmick while it is actually about pretty great games that were released on the same date years ago will be a lot of fun and I hope that it will be informative  for some of you."

Use punctutation. Carefully form a sentence and it's meaning. If I were to correct that sentence, and I'm not a native speaker either it would sound more like this:

- I really like May. Why do you like it?
- I appreciated the newly gained possibilities to express my thoughts through writing
- I'm happy to tell you that I'll bring back a successful blog series that I have been publishing for quite some time now.
- The series called "But For Me, It Was Tuesday" will inform you about great games that were released on the blog entries date in the past.

#4  May 13, 2015, 12:54:02 pm
    • USA
The last time I hacked a Playstation was back in around 2004 to play Japanese and US only games on my Playstation 4 thanks to that small chip called Matrix something. Never felt the need to do it with the Playstation 3 thanks to it being region free which made it super easy to import games like Sengoku Basara 4 and play them with only the language being a real problem.

lol you hacked your PS4 back in 2004? In any case, good luck. I suck at reviews so no way I would offer myself to do this but I'm sure someone from this site will jump in.
#5  May 13, 2015, 01:21:17 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Lets just say I am happy that the three other writers are all native English speakers :-P

fixed the ps2/ps4 typo thankies.

@HQ I wish I could hire people but I am not able to shit money and that site is not supposed to make money, its basically funded through my other site.

@Iced. I liked destructoid, the name is meant to be a joke but also as a tribute to that site. I might change it to GamersHaveNoLife.com  Do you have any name ideas maybe?
Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:46:18 pm by Bad News GBK
#6  May 13, 2015, 02:19:26 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I've been toying around with the same idea for the last month or so, bought the domain, now waiting for activation.

So far the only problem, besideds the grammar, is that if you going for an english-targeted audience, then you should have your disclaimer in english too, the one here
http://www.hoffmanntoid.com/contact-and-impressum/

Which wordpress theme are you using? I'd really like to know
#7  May 13, 2015, 02:40:28 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Yeah I was not sure have to check all the many German rights, I would prefer to have the terms of use /policy statements completely in English too but think they need to be there in German as well, still have to add the English ones.

Am using the wordpress theme Gamezone, a so called "premium" one which comes with a ton of nice functions but costs around $55. My copy of it can be used for multiple websites *blink*

http://themefuse.com/wp-themes-shop/gaming-wordpress-theme/

If you have a similar idea for a games and review blog, maybe we can work together? I am open for ideas and the name of my site does not have to stay that way.
#8  May 13, 2015, 03:12:39 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't mind collabing. Thing is my site is kinda focused for the local audience in my country, so a lot of the time things we say and terms we use may be lost on other audiences.
Once my site is up and running I'll get back to you.
#9  May 13, 2015, 03:23:40 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
You're welcome ^^

What does everyone think about the name WeAreJustGamers.com ?
#10  May 13, 2015, 03:27:46 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
I might help out over the summer, I'll keep you posted
#11  May 13, 2015, 03:29:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
but gamers are dead
#12  May 13, 2015, 03:41:22 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
weird fact..at the moment I wear a t-shirt with nothing but the word "Undead" . A gift from a good friend.

Looking forward to it @Umezono
#13  May 13, 2015, 03:50:23 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
gamerlife.com?
#14  May 13, 2015, 04:03:24 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Gamerlife is taken already ^^ actually a ton of good names are taken already by people or companies that do nothing with the domains but hope that someone would pay for them.

Talkes with the other writers and they liked WeAreJustGamers.com just ordred that domain and the url will switch tomorrow. Am also working to include a forum there now and fix a bit of my grammar in the tuesday article.

Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone
#15  May 13, 2015, 04:09:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Wheres your ethical statement! D:

And yeah I think I might give you a hand as well if you are interested.
#16  May 13, 2015, 04:15:53 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I totally am, any help is appreciated!

Ethical statements...hmm there will be some in the articles I suppose.
#17  May 13, 2015, 04:34:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
ethical statement is when you setup base rules for all the article makers. stuff like , "if you took part of a project you are talking about you need to state it " and "if you were paid to write this review you need to state you were paid " ( or not write it )
#18  May 14, 2015, 05:07:16 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Am working on that right now. In the times of #Gamergate and all the weird connections between writers and developers that might really be a good idea.

The site domainwas changed now to http://www.wearejustgamers.com/

Writing about video game news and saying your opinion about them is funnier as I thought. Goddamn stupid Konami.
#19  May 14, 2015, 05:21:22 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I can always help with anything, GBK. All you got to do is ask.
#20  May 26, 2015, 01:23:02 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Seadragon is an active blogger and news-writer now for almost 2 weeks and writes pretty good pieces, personally I like his Friday Flashback series the most., All in all there are almost 10 gamers on board, but a couple of 2-3 more people are welcome, if anyone else has interest to join the site http://www.wearejustgamers.com/ as a writer, feel yourself welcome!