YesNoOk

I NOW IDENTIFY AS A HAM SANDWICH OR SOMETHING: MAZEMERALD 2 (for ID purposes) (Read 27483 times)

Started by Inactive user, July 07, 2018, 09:27:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: I AM NOT AN AUTHOR/CREATOR.... NOW I AM ONLY A MUGEN EDITOR
#21  July 08, 2018, 05:51:54 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
You would have known it if you downloaded Dee by Gal129, which is the only creator as of yet to do something with the Dee sprites.

You would have known that because there's a readme in the character that credits JNP for the sprite rips. In two versions, English and Japanese.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#22  July 08, 2018, 06:05:14 am
    • USA
So.
1. FACT. There is only "one" Dee with the sprites, as "you" just said.
2. Your comment wasn't really necessary as it was at the bottom of what I had said, separated, what if I didn't download that version? There is only "one" person who has made the character with the sprites as you've said. Judging from your diction, you are making a "statement" So.. EVERY single character(stages included) that has "ever" been made lists who ripped the sprites? There is a read me in "every" single one.

Because I genuinely didn't know, you talk as though it should be obvious of me to know that? As if this one question, asserts that the above is easily verified. I would have not known anything simply because you deem it applicable.
#23  July 08, 2018, 06:10:34 am
    • USA
The example given was Dee, and what you responded to was Dee. And if you had downloaded a Dee, it would almost certainly show its work, because there's only been one real conversion. So the answer to the statement would be, yes you could easily have known if you had the character because the credit was not in a remote place.
This time
This time
#24  July 08, 2018, 06:16:20 am
    • USA
There is more than one version of that character out there. I've seen 5. Every version on "MG etc" "or that I've seen" As is the possibility with anything else, but this has really shifted now, nothing more to gain from it than over analyzing/speculating. You'll never catch Sonic, take the L.
#25  July 08, 2018, 06:21:18 am
    • USA
You've seen five? Where? Maybe you should list the creators to make them easy to look for. It can't be too hard, their names should be in the def. Perhaps they have some notepad where they've typed their name
This time
This time
#26  July 08, 2018, 06:30:01 am
There is more than one version of that character out there. I've seen 5.

Where? I'd like to see proof that more iterations of the character exist too.

Your comment wasn't really necessary

How come most interactions with you end with this exact same thing coming from you? I can't imagine it's always everyone else's fault, nor can I imagine everything people tell you is "unnecessary."

On top of that, from what I can see, this started because of something you said to Capcomnator? Why couldn't you two just settle it outside of a public space? Because now, not only did he make a thread claiming that he's an editor (which comes as a shock to no one because everyone who puts their two hands, two eyes and brain to working with the engine is an editor), but you interjected and made yourself the center of attention again (and not in a good way, judging by your history here).

And before the expected "it's none of your business, no one asked you to interject" I'm well aware, but I did because the way you handle things is very intriguing. Confusing and probably toxic, but intriguing.

lui

#27  July 08, 2018, 06:44:14 am
    • USA
On top of that, from what I can see, this started because of something you said to Capcomnator? Why couldn't you two just settle it outside of a public space?

capcomnator didnt do anything.

i assume this whole thread is a response from rei, who was spreading some salt around from another thread that happened to be discussing credits at the time and said into one of capcomnator's threads "Make sure to add all the credits for the assets and who ripped them." all sarcastically due to that, when capcomnator literally had nothing to do with it whatsoever. i could be wrong, and if so my apologies but everything said points to that.

you're probably not gonna get a decent answer out of any of this. you're gonna get another paragraph that's full of vague and coy answers that do not address your concerns or qualms directly sadly.

EDIT: this is all wrong and my apologies. please ignore anything said above
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:24:54 am by Walruslui
#28  July 08, 2018, 06:47:31 am
all of us are editing mugen stuff without the original permission of any company (capcom,snk,namco,etc).
it´s impossible to receive this permission because a trademark has copyright and legal rights under your creation.

with the pass of time i finally understood i am not a creator or author,i am only an editor that used your time to
change somethings and making a different work.

i can´t get money with mugen, i won´t be famous or i can´t demand authorization for what is not mine property.
credits won´t change anything in our lives, only to flatter the ego,many guys already neither are on mugen anymore.

if someone did use my mummy commando for editing in a new version and better or superior without my name , i really
don´t care about it, I would clap if it was better.

my real objetive in mugen is not fame or recognition, because  i don´t need it.
i only want to share my edits and helping to avoid the loss of files stored on my pc.

many mugen forums are down for now and nowadays there´s a little interesting for mugen and some guys until gave up to go on.
i think we need to be detached people, the mugen forums activity is very low, we must to be relaxed or we'll see the mugen extinction very coming soon.

i haven´t ego to mugen, if the people want to download my files and ignoring me, i don´t care about it, mugen is only fun, i won´t go to hollywood
because it and nor the president will give me a medal.

i wish luck and healthy for all.
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:50:37 am by Capcomnator

lui

#29  July 08, 2018, 06:52:50 am
    • USA

ah, i retract my previous statement. it seems this thread was a response to this kinda stuff, from IMT

IN MY OPINION: this isn't cool dude. it's just kind of rude to scribble out the name of the original author intentionally.

you're assuming this is about ego wand whatnot, which is pretty egotistical in itself.

it's not a rule really to give credit but it sure would paint you as a decent person, if you have to go so far as to literally remove credits then it shows the only person having ego is you : /

EDIT:

yeah, uh, all evidence to you not caring points to the contrary when people simply just asked you to leave a credit and you respond like this
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 06:58:40 am by Walruslui
#30  July 08, 2018, 07:01:01 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Oh man, this whole thing is so, so, so dumb. And so silly; like, c'mon, grow up: this is some grade schooler shit.
#31  July 08, 2018, 07:03:52 am
it won´t change anything at the his life, he are not the original author too.

the author is the capcom company, nobody has company authorization for nothing, so why should i have to put the his name?

i have a different way to think and the people need accept it like a individual opinion.
#32  July 08, 2018, 07:21:03 am
i haven´t custom of giving credit to anyone, it´s my way and every person thinks in a different way, the people are not equal.

mugen to me is a open world where all the stuff are only sprites, credits and permissions to me don´t exist.

i won´t put 10 names for every sprite i added.

this thread already tired me......this a complete waste of time.

Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:26:00 am by Capcomnator

lui

#33  July 08, 2018, 07:22:09 am
    • USA
we know it's your opinion. nobody is saying you can't have it.

but now we know your character is of one that makes excuses and will do alot to not recognize anyone but himself in order to enable that said opinion and mindset

this isn't about permissions yet you think it is. you're dodging every single thing people are specifically talking about.

have fun being known as the person who quits a forum for someone asking to leave a line of credit
#34  July 08, 2018, 07:30:40 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
There's no rules here about giving credit, following people's rules about permissions, or anything like that. You're free to do whatever you want with regards to all that.

But do keep in mind that everyone now knows that you routinely minimize and erase the fact that your MUGEN creations are based on the work of others (or in some cases, apparently, just straight up other people's stuff with their names taken off). You're gonna keep hearing about it from people, again and again and again. And those people won't be breaking any rules either when they complain about it at you!
#35  July 08, 2018, 07:31:35 am
after that i will to remove my codename and adding only the company name.

Author : Capcom CPS2
;with editing

it will be more suitable, neither credits to me nor for anyone, only the original company.

#36  July 08, 2018, 07:36:44 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
In my eyes, the only reason to purposefully take out credits towards a creator is.. well, there isn't one. It's disrespectful. If you're taking code or sprites from another project, something that someone spent their time on, and decide that they're not worth crediting because they don't hold the IP - that's no better than art theft. No love for those kinds of people. Negligence is a different thing, I didn't think people could stoop this low.
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#37  July 08, 2018, 07:43:39 am
really if i put my name, it´s can be considered ego because i want my codename highlight, so i won´t put more my name and only the original company and indicating it´s an edit.
maybe acting like a ghost the people can to leave in peace, it will be wonderful if the people just downloading the stuff and ignoring me, don´t need no comments.

capcomnator is not a important mugen maker, only a simple editor, i will decrease my importance to avoid unnecessary discussions between the guys.
#38  July 08, 2018, 07:49:54 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Dude, put your nickname however much you want. The problem is the fact you delete the original author's nicknames entirely.
Wanna have it fine? Leave BOTH names. AND of the original author, just to keep credit, AND yours, as editor. No need to do that dumb shit with "Capcom" nicknames you're trying to propose now.
#39  July 08, 2018, 08:15:22 am
i won´t put nothing more, just the clean file, who wants to add it manually, i don´t care.

i just clean the file to me, i remove all, author,date,version, it´s a normal custom to me, i haven´t intention to hide nothing, i only don´t like these characteristic into my files.

this is the truth, i like all my files with only the codes and anything more, now neither my name will be included more.
#40  July 08, 2018, 08:19:34 am
Why? What purpose does it serve? Is it really that difficult to discover who created/edited the assets you used, and put their names in a document crediting their work? Is there a bigger language barrier here than I'm thinking there is? The people arguing in favor of credit are asking for one thing, and it isn't complex. Please listen to reason.

This plea goes out to ShinRei/whatever he goes by now as well, since he seems to share the same ideology. There is no good reason NOT to credit work where it's due. I'll be willing to redact my statement if anyone can give one reason as to why crediting people for what they do is a bad thing.

@Capcomnator: After all the talk you made of coming back and trying to redeem yourself, you do a complete 180. Perhaps this stuff would be better tolerated at MUGEN Multiverse. But it really doesn't need to be that way; try to be reasonable, not dramatic.