YesNoOk

Your Least Favorite Style of Characters? (Read 9575 times)

Started by AMultiverseAuthor, June 18, 2018, 07:34:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Your Least Favorite Style of Characters?
#21  June 19, 2018, 11:46:33 pm
  • Why do the avatars have to be so damn small :c
    • USA
    • brawlyoshi@gmail.com
Non-traditional boss characters. You fight them once, beat them, and never fight them again. I get that they take a lot of time to code, but their quirks get boring quickly, especially since they're not playable.

Can we just take a moment and realise he called mvci a 3 button fighter..?

That's understandable. Nobody plays MvCi, so how would he know?
#22  June 19, 2018, 11:49:10 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
Idk, Google and less ignorance?

And I guess to participate in the thread, characters who have odd button layouts and fuck with my muscle memory. There arent many, but I do remember playing a few that had light where heavy/mediums would be and re-arrange the buttons in awkward positions. So its less mechanic issues and more when mugen creators change button placement. And boss characters I guess, but thats playing as them and not fighting against them.
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:56:08 pm by TheFclass97
#23  June 22, 2018, 01:45:19 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Well, to each it's own.

I don't like the POTS characters; the style is overrated. High demand is making it a required standard in MUGEN.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#24  June 23, 2018, 12:04:14 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I'm not a fan of those source-accurate bootleg fighters. There is a sort of charming weirdness to them, but they're so sluggish and uninteresting to play with.

It sucks because I want to like stuff like Exclamation-Question's characters, but the gameplay just doesn't click with me.
#25  June 28, 2018, 03:42:41 am
    • United Arab Emirates
personally i like to have a mugen roster with a lot of varierty,but there are a one style who i hate: undertale chars
all of them looks ugly and uninteresting for me,i avoid all of them.
#26  September 24, 2018, 02:51:36 pm
  • This looks like a job for... the Caped Avenger!
  • All-Out Gamer and Garfield fan
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/garfieldfan-mugen/home
I'm gonna try to bring this topic back to life, but I'm gonna be as nice as possible about this.

Eternity of Heroes template: They might try to be close to MvC, but they tend to have the following: spammy AI, bland moves, and the likes. Honestly my least favorite type of character to deal with. On the other hand...

BeanFan112's style: It's pretty much the above, but even MORE spammy and with four buttons (which I'm comfortable with). At least he tried to improve before he quit making characters, so that is at least a plus.

Characters that deal with double QCFs and QCBs: I've gotten a little rusty, so those types are kind of annoying to me.
"Heh. The Garfield strip's funny today."
~Garfield

Sprites in avatar by Wlan Productions