• www.goatse.net
Abysmal color loss.
No real floor.
Horrible, horrible color loss.
Really freaking blurry.
Color loss that makes my eyes bleed.

Well if you noticed it said "FIRST STAGE"
and half the stages iv'e seen don't have floors dumbass,
it's also the KoЯn Cover witch has no floor anyways, cause there are just a bunch of kids.... --;
MOODS ARE LIKE RAINBOWS, IN THAT I'M A COCKSUCKER
Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:23:00 pm by darkstar0224
Re: KoRn
#5  March 13, 2008, 07:09:42 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Single images do not a good stage make.

Might I suggest doing some experimentation and exploring possibilities to make your stage more exciting?
To start, I would suggest studying Kung Fu Man's Mountainside Temple stage.
#6  March 13, 2008, 07:11:53 pm
  • Respect is for "Pussies"...
    • www.goatse.net

This is what the stage is based off of...
#7  March 13, 2008, 07:12:42 pm
So?
I mean seriously, even if you're going to stick with just this one picture, look at the girl's shadow, and then look at the shadow on the characters...

The bottom line is that this stage couldn't take more than a couple of minutes to duplicate.
Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 07:17:08 pm by Insanius
#8  March 13, 2008, 07:12:54 pm
  • Never give up
Even if this is your first picture....... er .... stage, it's very bad.
#9  March 13, 2008, 07:18:31 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#10  March 13, 2008, 07:20:26 pm
    • www.goatse.net
#11  March 13, 2008, 07:50:00 pm
  • You think you know me?
    • frhmugen.ucoz.com/
1. Color loss. You can solve this by recreating the image from scratch/ various open sources.

2. No floor. You can make a floor based on the mountain side/ cliff, it doesn't have to be something fancy, it's just that alot of MUGEN players wish not to have their characters float in the air.

3. Single image. You can solve this by following step one, making the new sky your BG layer and making the cliff with the girl on it one layer, and making you floor one layer.

Note these are just my suggestion on how to improve your stage, you don't have to follow them.
#12  March 13, 2008, 07:56:43 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#13  March 13, 2008, 08:00:06 pm
    • www.goatse.net
I'm guessing you only saw one stage before doing this.

No, but you can go with that theory if you want... --;
do you have to come back with a retort every time someone gives you advice or critiques?
just deal with it and fix up your stuff

Umm yes, and no thanks...seriously I couldn't care less for respect of me and other people...
Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:17:21 pm by darkstar0224
Re: KoЯn
#14  March 13, 2008, 08:25:19 pm
now this and u just makes KoRn look bad

Sig by TempesT :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#15  March 13, 2008, 08:30:07 pm
    • www.goatse.net
#16  March 13, 2008, 08:32:09 pm
for ur infromation i am too a korn fan and i had that Я for months now

idiot....... --;

Sig by TempesT :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#17  March 13, 2008, 08:47:07 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
I'm guessing you only saw one stage before doing this.

No, but you can go with that theory if you want... --;
do you have to come back with a retort every time someone gives you advice or critiques?
just deal with it and fix up your stuff

Umm yes, and no thanks...seriously I couldn't care less for respect of me and other people...

Try finding a MVC Dirt floor center the image its a good concept alot of things need redrawn and done just about everything, Its real easy with photoshop zoom in trace o.O do the colors yourself. baseing off the source image add some dirt fog a good moon and it may be decent.

Stop calling each other idiots; End the argument its not a big deal also use KFM like POTS suggested for a base for the whole stage study the .def file it gives all the information you need to read and everything and don't let these people get you down believe me ive stuck around long enough to know most just bitch about it i do to i do my fair share of bitching alot of my post are because of ignorance in threads but keep trying don't let there ignorance get you down your allowed to post your stages thats what its for then people give you feedback and help to better yourself i had a rough start.

The main peoples feedback you want to listen to is ZILTIMA, P.O.TS, Cybaster, Laxxe23(if he actually ever post) they give very decent detailed feedback i do depending if people are acting stupid in the thread or not.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#18  March 13, 2008, 10:43:12 pm
The main peoples feedback you want to listen to is ZILTIMA, P.O.TS, Cybaster, Laxxe23(if he actually ever post) they give very decent detailed feedback i do depending if people are acting stupid in the thread or not.
#19  March 13, 2008, 10:57:06 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/

lol well he sometimes does give good feedback then other times..

Also the Я isn't either of yours its public ASCII Code that THOUSANDS of million of users on the net have or use anybody with CHARMAP with XP should have it.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:43:31 pm by BigBoss
#20  March 13, 2008, 11:50:16 pm
    • www-personal.umich.edu/~tdkim/ziltama/
This thread has me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

Anyways....this "stage" is simply awful.  Just because it's your first release, it does not mean you get a free pass to release crap.  It also does not mean you can give other people crap about feedback/criticism.

1) There's no floor.  Vast majority of stages have a floor.  It's the (poorly made) exception to the rule when a floor is missing.  It's not a real stage without a floor.  You can't just stick a jpeg image into mugen and call it a stage...it does not work that way.  Jpeg images look like crap in mugen due to compression artifact alone.

2) Even without a real floor, the zoffset line is too high (value too low).  210 to 220 would be more reasonable.

3) You defined the background image twice.  Do you know that [Bg 0] and [Bg 1] are basically the same except for start coordinates?  Get rid of [Bg 0].

4) Color loss, color loss, color loss.

This has been posted many times before regarding correction of color loss:
a) Jigsaw method: most common method used.  Basically, a large image is split down into smaller parts, each part is separately color reduced to 256 colors, and then all the pieces are reassembled in the def file (like a jigsaw puzzle).  Each part doesn't have to be symmetrical (large pieces for less colorful parts, smaller pieces for more colorful parts), but most people prefer symmetrical parts (I've used 64x64 size tiles).

To absolutely avoid color loss, you would need 16x16 tiles (256 pixels max), but almost no one does that.  There are programs available which automatically split up images into small parts, but of course, none provide mugen start coordinates.

b) Dither method.  Sometimes, regardless of what's done, mugen will still auto reduce colors on its own giving less than satisfactory results (display output is locked to 16-bit color).  This is most notable when trying gradients.  For those, I take a screenshot, see what colors mugen allows for the gradient, and then make a dither using only those colors.  I try to avoid dither whenever possible, otherwise.

c) Modified transparency method.  You start off with 1 image and end up with 3.  Basically, an image is split into its individual color channels: red, green, blue.  Many programs can do this, but can't seem to set the other two channels to 0, however.  In order for this to work, the other two channels have to be set to 0 and not any other value.

After the images are split into channels, you should have 3 images: each one having shades of one primary color.  If not, then the other channels are not set to 0.  Color reduce each part to 256 colors, if not done already (there should be no color loss when doing this, since each channel only allows 256 values).  Use one channel layer as a base without transparency.  Then set the other two layers on top using the same start coordinates and with trans = add.  This will perform a simple layer addition and reproduce the original image.  I don't recommend this for most cases since it causes a rather significant performance hit for large images.  As a side note, this cannot be used to fix gradients; mugen will still auto reduce the final image on its own.

5) Read mugen's documents and go find some good stage tutorials.

6) Single layer, single image stages almost always turn out terrible.  Multiple layer stages is a good start.

Basically, needs a complete overhaul and better choice of images.