Your Importance (Read 3746 times)

Started by OZ, June 25, 2008, 05:05:57 am
Share this topic:

OZ

Re: Your Importance
#21  June 25, 2008, 11:20:50 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
You know, now that I think about it,

Are you more popular/important online, or in real life?

"online/offline" would be a better description because it's not like internet interaction is one big fairy tell (unless you're deluded and making it out to be that way). You're communicating with real-life humans regardless if you can see them.
(I was going to bring up Mattmaster.)
True, true.
I just said RL because that's how most people refer to offline life.

I have never been one to dismiss online interactions as being unimportant.

Hmm...
I guess I'm probably more popular offline. Although I have obtained some level of online popularity, which does open a broader spectrum.

I would definantly say that I'm more important IRL. Online I have very limited obligations; offline, I have to be a tad more 'important'.

I do enjoy what I have here online though. It's like a whole-nother little world, just your's for the taking.

Another question.

Are you the same person you are online as you are offline?
Do you act the same, or do you keep the two identities seperate?
ಠ_ಠ
#22  June 25, 2008, 11:25:01 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I'm more likeable in-person
#23  June 25, 2008, 11:29:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Upon realizing who I was, Loona went like "well you sure dont look like a guy that uses Chiyo avatar."

Bea

#24  June 26, 2008, 12:17:13 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Hm... my real life and "internet" life are quite bound together.
I help a few TG friends to pay for their hormones and treatment, and send lots of gifts abroad to my "internet" friends, many of which I'll meet in person during August.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.

DMK

#25  June 26, 2008, 12:18:28 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Average life average internet.
#26  June 26, 2008, 01:55:06 am
  • SNK is life
#27  June 26, 2008, 03:39:09 am
  • corner push pusher
Online I'm more popular, offline I'm more important.

Yeah, just about everyone here. Priority of the two may differ (as well as 'what' one is popular for) from person to person but we're all held in high regard to someone.

several of the things i did online have granted me acess to things offline.

LIke sex trafficking.
#28  June 26, 2008, 01:21:38 pm
Offline.

This is the only forum I visit online, and barely anyone knows me here. So no not very popular at all. Even though not many know me IRL either.

Guess I'm just an all around loser.
#29  June 26, 2008, 01:33:16 pm
  • Let me show you my real personality!
    • www.myspace.com/skank88
I'm real on internet life and real in real life!  8)
#30  June 26, 2008, 07:02:56 pm
  • DAT SAX
Nobody asked you that. :blank:

I feel the younger you are, the more important you feel you are on the internet than you are in real life due to no job, school, parents, etc.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#31  June 27, 2008, 07:55:29 am
  • "Feelin' random"
I feel more popular online. Everyone is kinda mean to me IRL.
#32  June 27, 2008, 11:56:37 am
outside, in the internet im mostly hated than anything else. i hate the internet and, mostly forums because it leads to anonimity abuse over others, lack of respect, etc; that way i ended up being like all thos which i hated bfore.

Direct and real communication it´s way better than this shit or any messenger service.
Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 12:02:32 pm by Ohsky
New #33  June 29, 2008, 07:45:34 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Whether it's real life or an internet personality, I strive to uphold a cohesive mind set.  Of course, given the nature of online forums (ie. differing mentalities toiling to meet on some common ground), clashes can ensue, and in turn, I occasionally come across as condescending and temperamental.  For me, lashing out at those hypocritical (hollier than thou) types proves irresistible.

My importance?  Simple.  When the woman who gave birth to you looks at your accomplishments with pride and admiration, guess what...the answer to why you're meaningful is but an arm's length away.
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 03:50:41 am by Mature4evr
#34  June 29, 2008, 08:11:59 am
    • Peru
I'm very different in real life compared to my online life.
My online behavior is low-profiled almost all the time; trying to not gather unnecesary attention by good or bad means.

In real life I'm an egocentric bitch who likes to be the center of the attention. Some people can claim thats bad, but being known by people at work has been key to achieve some goals. Being good at work isn't the only thing you need. Being good at work and being known is what really matters.
#35  June 29, 2008, 12:54:51 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
I'm more into the "be humble and people will go for that" approach.

OZ

#36  June 30, 2008, 04:23:59 am
  • ಠ_ಠ
I constantly strive to uphold my own standards, and to be seen as an all-around good trustworthy person.

I have always wanted as many people on my side as possible, and I'm very reluctant to make enemies.
I guess I've always figured it would help me stay out of unimportant drama, and would also prevent me from needing to watch my back.(If I need to step on someone, I make sure to be nice about it)
As such, I am very reluctant to lash out, even though I may disagree with their beliefs or their attitude.

Even if I can't stand someone, I will put up with them, get what I need, and continue on.

I try to abstain from useless conflict.

Whereas my brother has been in several fights, I'm very good at talking, and more often than not prevent conflict before it starts.
I really hate drama.

That should give you some insight into my personality.
ಠ_ಠ
#37  June 30, 2008, 05:57:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'm very different in real life compared to my online life.
My online behavior is low-profiled almost all the time; trying to not gather unnecesary attention by good or bad means.

In real life I'm an egocentric bitch who likes to be the center of the attention. Some people can claim thats bad, but being known by people at work has been key to achieve some goals. Being good at work isn't the only thing you need. Being good at work and being known is what really matters.

Being good at work hardly matters, though.
#38  June 30, 2008, 06:05:36 pm
  • SNK is life
It's all about who you know, and who knows you. Your success in life is all about self-marketing.

I have a friend who I consider to be mediocre in all senses, but he knew a guy about as mediocre as he was and helped him land a job making a good 20% more than me... without having any substantial knowledge/experience on the filed :-X
#39  June 30, 2008, 07:54:20 pm
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
Upon realizing who I was, Loona went like "well you sure dont look like a guy that uses Chiyo avatar."

It wouldn't be my first mental association, but avatars do change.

I tend to keep a low profile in both environments, though some chains of events at some point got me a bit more involved in these corners of the net for about a couple of years. I wouldn't regard that as importance per se, but it did give me more room to try and put some ideals to practice, which would have been far more complex offline. The way I see it that part is done, and my roles are fairly even nowadays, although good lessons have been learned and cool people were met in both places, sometimes crossing over.
#40  June 30, 2008, 08:07:28 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Being good at work hardly matters, though.

kinda is important if there are only three other people in the building at the time, two of them managers, and one of them incapable of doing necessary tasks. also what walt said about contacts, because i've managed to build up a substantial list.