YesNoOk

Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes) (Read 21449 times)

Started by Cobra Caddie, December 11, 2018, 09:19:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mighty Street Fighter (Formerly SF2Nes)
#81  November 26, 2019, 03:30:21 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I agree ;) I'd love to put in endings and cutscenes.

We'll see.
#82  November 26, 2019, 07:33:49 pm
What are  yours steps so far?
#83  November 26, 2019, 11:20:03 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
So for Mike I still have to Sprite a couple of more of his moves to finish him up and that's it for him. Besides him I've been planning out the last characters with their movesets and doing test sprites for them. Last thing I want is to be deep into their spriting and finding out they are too big or small cause that's what happened with Terry. I've updated a couple of global game mechanics and have added some intros taunts and win poses to characters who needed them. Outside of that I have a lot of neat things planned including stuff for tag mode and arcade.

Admittedly I have not worked on the game as much as I'd like to so I'm trying to figure out a set schedule around my work to keep in the groove of things instead of just thinking about working on the game everyday like I do and never getting around to it. Having a finalized version of the game is the biggest thing I wanna have done for Mugen both as a tribute to everyone who worked on the game in the past and as a gift to everyone who has given me support and kind words throughout the years here :)
Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 04:24:24 am by Cobra Caddie
#84  December 08, 2019, 10:37:09 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Small update cause I promised I would when I could. Expect progress updates starting in January. Sorry for the delay, thank you for still showing interest in this silly little game  :)
#85  December 12, 2019, 12:04:35 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
Im a huge fan of 8bit nes style. but  the lifebars you had used or choosen on your video, its really dont look good as a 8bit element, I would like to give a suggestion base off my 15 years of gaming experiences and you should use the Gameboy version of the KOF game lifebar style but with a bit of sprite drawing a tiny bit make it look more like a nes street fighter elements

you can check my screen pack on how I made my version of an NES lifebars as an example :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 12:17:31 am by OldGamer
#86  December 12, 2019, 06:26:53 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
I completely agree. The lifebars, fonts, and other screenpacks graphics need an overhaul. Should be easy enough but I need to remember how to make fonts and find the work files on 1 of my like 5 4tb harddrives lol

Before the full game gets a release that'll all be fixed. I'll probably edit what I already have though, reduce colors and if I go further I'll reshape the bars to be complete rectangles instead of rounded just to make them more NESie.
#87  December 12, 2019, 06:26:16 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
I completely agree. The lifebars, fonts, and other screenpacks graphics need an overhaul. Should be easy enough but I need to remember how to make fonts and find the work files on 1 of my like 5 4tb harddrives lol

Before the full game gets a release that'll all be fixed. I'll probably edit what I already have though, reduce colors and if I go further I'll reshape the bars to be complete rectangles instead of rounded just to make them more NESie.
caddie because of you I learn a lot from your mugen stages when I first started mugen. so let me help you in return.
to save time.

here a text guide on how to make font for the mugen 1.0 and 1.1 I made for you and everyone :)

also here another older video from youtube on how to make fonts version 1 with font factory
just make sure to set the colors at 256 for the font to show on mugen 1.1 and mugen 1.0
just in case here the font factory. dont worry its work on windows 8.1 and window 10
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uaxIPGeWgg0I5HHCpodO-H7z9ayMWopa/view?usp=sharing

if you need help on learning  how to make lifebars you can go here
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/how-make-basic-mugen-lifebars-video-guide-186305.0.html

and here video guide I made for everyone how to make and add fonts for the lifebars

if you have any other question please let me know. Caddie and I will assist you any way I can.
your truly OldGamer :)

Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:02:39 pm by OldGamer
#88  January 08, 2020, 04:10:58 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Some quick news about Mike. I'm making some changes to him based on Balrog's SFV Championship upgrade.
- Mike will no longer be getting season 2 TAP, instead his tap will probably end up more like how Balrog's TAP is currently in SFV. In return, I might give MSF's Balrog season 2 TAP which will be a buff over what he has now.
- Instead, Mike will not need the pressure season 2 TAP would have given him because I'm giving him Balrog's V-skill 2, FFB. FFB lets you perform a command that enhances his dash push, allowing for pressure and juggles.
I look forward to showing him off, should be sometime by the end of the month.