YesNoOk

Tekken 7/KOF XIV-ish Geese by Chuchoryu (Read 14001 times)

Started by RagingRowen, July 27, 2019, 06:38:15 pm
Share this topic:
Tekken 7/KOF XIV-ish Geese by Chuchoryu
#1  July 27, 2019, 06:38:15 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Re: Tekken 7/KOF XIV-ish Geese by Chuchoryu
#2  July 27, 2019, 07:14:39 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Just DLed the character and took a view on the spritesheet. Not gonna lie. This is, by far, his greatest sheet. It's still, however, incomplete, but I want to believe he will be taking the time to finish the work he has started. At some points, seems he used Dampir's Geese, because some sprites and size inconsistences, nothing too serious.

I'll see what can I find once installed in my mugen.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#3  July 27, 2019, 07:16:34 pm
    • Turkey
Omg.This guy is an really active mugen author.Respect.
#4  July 27, 2019, 07:18:37 pm
    • UK
WIP Schedule:
#5  July 27, 2019, 09:20:55 pm
Just DLed the character and took a view on the spritesheet. Not gonna lie. This is, by far, his greatest sheet. It's still, however, incomplete, but I want to believe he will be taking the time to finish the work he has started. At some points, seems he used Dampir's Geese, because some sprites and size inconsistences, nothing too serious.

I'll see what can I find once installed in my mugen.

Aside from his flaws, some of chars are well done, mainly Juri.
FYI, he was gone for months and the month after i thought he was gone forever.
I still like his creations and i've donated him, meaning i've made my own commission and i always wanted to do that.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#6  July 27, 2019, 11:41:24 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Just DLed the character and took a view on the spritesheet. Not gonna lie. This is, by far, his greatest sheet. It's still, however, incomplete

Waaay incomplete.
- No throws (as usual from chuchoryu...)
- No back and forward rolls
- If this is a 4-button character, why he calls "CFJ" or "CvS" Geese, just like he did with some others that are 4-button characters aswell? I don't get it.
- His HP Reppuken have the same velocity of the LP Reppuken
- A LOT of infinities (as usual from chuchoryu aswell...)
- Some sprites are misaligned

but I want to believe he will be taking the time to finish the work he has started.

Sorry but i won't believe in this anymore. Chuchoryu still releasing his stuff in Beta (even in Alpha) state and won't complete them. Few times he did updates like he did with his Kage, but it's very, VERY rare.

At some points, seems he used Dampir's Geese,

He did and once again won't gave any credit to him and not even to PotS because it's clear that he uses PotS Geese as base.

I gave up of chuchoryu. Not gonna lie that i enjoyed what he did a time ago, specially what he did with Juri, Oni and Seth.
But there are three reasons for me to gave up on him.
- The release of his Fio Germi that still very incomplete and he won't gave credits to Mr. S and IO for the sprites.
- His TMNT characters that were by far his worst work.
- Most important, because he still don't give a s** about feedbacks. He started to act like that after he did good stuff in the past, even when he was here on MFG but it gets worse in the last 2 years and i believe it's because of that happend to him here, the amount of times that me and many others talked to be patient about his releases, to keep on updating.

He get's talent specially when he works on sprites himself. But sadly he still releasing incomplete characters that sometimes doesn't have a Super at all, not update them and leave them to release another rushed character because of this "more to come..." bulls***.
#7  July 27, 2019, 11:47:36 pm
    • UK
Falcon Rapper's doing the same thing if I'm correct, but likely with a way better moveset like the original PotS version and all the mechanics.
Here Chucho could've did an alternate SFF for PotS Geese if he spent more time on him.
P.S. These characters tbh look better in his videos, not sure why.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:50:50 pm by RagingRowen
#8  July 28, 2019, 12:05:07 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
FR at least accept the feedbacks more often than before, that's why he updated Heidern and will do updates of the others.
Chuchoryu still won't give a single s**, even the times i tried to talk with him via PM in MMV.
#9  July 28, 2019, 12:06:34 am
    • USA
Pretty much what Gui said. And let me put it like this:

It's 2019 and Chuchoryu STILL HASN'T IMPROVED.

This dude's been crapping out one half baked character after another since 2012 and you know what the kicker is? Giving him feedback is a waste of time because he never addresses it. Telling Chucho -insert problem with character here- is like talking to a brick wall.

I can understand if he sees making characters a hobby and nothing more, but criticism and feedback are necessities that can make you better at whatever field you specialize in whether it's getting gud at fighting games, or a novelist sharpening his writing skills.

Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:12:52 am by RPGamerWriter
#10  July 28, 2019, 01:03:21 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Please, read:
I want to believe

Of course I know he's not going to update this. Most of his characters are like this(no throws, missing stuff etc). But...he has his heart in another community where people request stuff to be done and he feeds on "wow nice, +1", mostly from people who NEVER did a shit aside waiting stuff to be done. BUT I give him his good work at spriting this Geese. There are some inconsistences, but it's overall a good work.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#11  July 28, 2019, 01:10:05 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
But...he has his heart in another community where people request stuff to be done and he feeds on "wow nice, +1", mostly from people who NEVER did a shit aside waiting stuff to be done

Exactly and this is just sad. So many times i tried to make Chuchoryu understand that is not only about releasing a character that people wants but to make good stuff and keep improving on it. But it's all a waste of time.
#12  July 28, 2019, 01:19:24 am
    • Brazil
Thats why I stopped caring about his crappy releases. The only good thing about what he does is that some of the sprites he created are good, so good creators can take them and make better characters.
#13  July 28, 2019, 02:22:41 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
I personally think he should be a spriter more than anything. But I'm glad he tries to make chars though. I encourage him to continue to make chars and learn and progress and learn more and use other other templates to learn as much as he can. Also use other chars as references. But I definitely won't say anything bad about what he loves to do, even if it's not up to my or anyone elses standards.
#14  July 28, 2019, 03:50:51 am
    • USA
some of the sprites he created are good, so good creators can take them and make better characters.

I wanted to make a CVS3 Yugo since he made some Bloody Roar characters, but again like Gui said, there aren't enough sprites to work with.
#15  July 28, 2019, 06:38:22 am
    • Brazil
I personally think he should be a spriter more than anything. But I'm glad he tries to make chars though. I encourage him to continue to make chars and learn and progress and learn more and use other other templates to learn as much as he can. Also use other chars as references. But I definitely won't say anything bad about what he loves to do, even if it's not up to my or anyone elses standards.
If you're not saying anything "bad" about what he does, then you're not helping him learn or progress at all. Feedback is the best way to improve, and Chuchoryu's greatest problem is that he completely ignores feedback.
#16  July 28, 2019, 08:57:14 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
All I can say about this is Chuchoryu as character creator is a good spriter. Keep saying their chars are a waste of space and the guy hadn't (and won't have) change after all of these years is so useless as trying to talk to him about feedback, so forget about this guys.

More than the release itself, what it bugs me is why there're people who post news about his releases here if all we know how this is going everytime he releases something

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#17  July 29, 2019, 02:02:05 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
If you're not saying anything "bad" about what he does, then you're not helping him learn or progress at all. Feedback is the best way to improve, and Chuchoryu's greatest problem is that he completely ignores feedback.

Like you said he ignores feedback, therefore I can say whatever I feel I should say.