YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 653047 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#981  February 25, 2018, 06:20:24 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
So I guess thats Trump plan
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/967472757025001472
Armed Educators (and trusted people who work within a school) love our students and will protect them. Very smart people. Must be firearms adept & have annual training. Should get yearly bonus. Shootings will not happen again - a big & very inexpensive deterrent. Up to States.

Will the training and weapons cost be covered by the school? Will the teacher have to keep their gun visible to the class? He said others trusted people does that mean armed guards will be posted in class? This is honestly pretty crazy to think about. I dont think any students would be confortable seeing their teacher with a gun
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#982  February 25, 2018, 06:35:44 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Why not have some armed guards or police officers at the
entrances with metal detectors, all other doors locked.
You pass thru the metal detectors and then the main door
unlocks so you can get yo ass to class.  Main doors dont unlock
until your good to proceed. Someone in the inside controls
the door locks after the officer on the outside says so.

No need to have all teachers with guns, just the officers outside.
#983  February 25, 2018, 10:54:59 am
he's trying to solve a problem by creating a bigger problem.
as i said before, a suicidal maniac will attack the school regardless of wither there will be armed personal or not, the only difference now is that instead of just the school shooter killing students, now you will have to add the casualties that will get caught in the cross fire to the body count. even police officers panic when faced with shootouts and friendly fire was not that uncommon in those situations.
we didn't even put into consideration the mishandling of the weapon or the weapon itself being a reason for another massacre by either a teacher or by student who was able to steal it from one.
its just a horrible horrible idea that was thought up by an idiot.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#984  February 25, 2018, 02:26:43 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA

Ignoring how inconceivably barbaric this "solution" is for the moment, it's already been proven to not work by this exact incident.  There were four armed deputies outside of the school, and not one of them entered the school to help until nearly five minutes after the shooting started.

The "good guy with a gun" is a myth.  This is the kind of faulty logic dreamed up by right-wing gun nuts who fantasize about being a real life John McClane or Rambo.  The kind of people who'd rather let other people die than give up on their twisted macho power fantasy.
#985  February 25, 2018, 03:13:06 pm

i agree ,  i actually went to school that hire armed security guards.

our schools are pretty strict when it comes to guests and visitors , you need an id and guards are usually stationed in the front gate.
#986  February 25, 2018, 03:34:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

Ignoring how inconceivably barbaric this "solution" is for the moment, it's already been proven to not work by this exact incident.  There were four armed deputies outside of the school, and not one of them entered the school to help until nearly five minutes after the shooting started.

The "good guy with a gun" is a myth.  This is the kind of faulty logic dreamed up by right-wing gun nuts who fantasize about being a real life John McClane or Rambo.  The kind of people who'd rather let other people die than give up on their twisted macho power fantasy.

Dude this school didnt have metal detectors and locking doors
like I mentioned at all, and those guards were a bunch of
selfish punks.  The president has secret service agents that would
jump in front of bullets for him and these kids should too.
Actually these kids should be of higher priority since they are
our future generation.  They need to hire guards or police to
pull watch on schools who would take care of these kids as
if they were there own. 
#987  February 25, 2018, 03:38:51 pm
The Sutherland Church shooting alone is evidence enough that it isn't "some myth." There's no telling what more the attacker could've gotten away with if there wasn't someone there to stop him.

I went to a school in Harlem and they had metal detectors to walk through. It was a better school than the average so we didn't have as many bad students making school grounds feel unsafe and whatnot. I know of many instances (some from the news, others from friends and family) about conflict in these schools that don't involve weapons. No one there is concerned about some crazy person lighting it up, they're concerned about the many trouble students (literally tons of them) well, causing trouble.

Some states allow for concealed carry in college campuses. It wouldn't deter mass attacks if I had to guess, but having "unofficial officers" littered around the campus doesn't sound like a bad idea to me in case shit went down. Of course that would never be the case in public schools where all students are underaged.
#988  February 25, 2018, 03:41:44 pm
    • USA
Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but treating a children's educational institution as if it were military compound in the middle of an active warzone is the type of solution that only a complete psychopath would come up with.
#989  February 25, 2018, 03:50:24 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but treating a children's educational institution as if it were military compound in the middle of an active warzone is the type of solution that only a complete psychopath would come up with.

Well we really have no choice now, theres a worse type of psychopath
that wants to turn our schools into a war zone.  I know your anti trump
and your probably gonna go against anything he decides but forget
who's president for the moment and just think of where you'll prefer
your child to go to school, an easy to enter building or a secure one
where at the most the killer can probably only kill the guards outside
and not your 3rd grader or 9th grader or whatever age?
#990  February 25, 2018, 03:59:52 pm
    • USA
Or we just make it so that nobody in this situation has guns in the first place.  If we're talking about preferred body counts, I'd go with zero.

The long and short of it is that guns are made to kill and injure people.  It is literally the only reason these objects exist in the world.  There is no other practical application for guns.  The only reason anyone carries a firearm is because they expect to have to use it to kill or injure a person.  It's base common sense that these things should be heavily regulated, much more so than they are now.  For fuck's sake, it's easier to get a potential murder weapon in this country that it is to get a car or a bank loan. 

The only sane solution is much, much stricter gun control, but that gets in the way of republicans' dreams of starring in their own personal action movie, so they won't let it happen.
#991  February 25, 2018, 04:00:12 pm

it worked for us , though we didn't have any school shooting incident , most public schools are open campuses but private and exclusive schools are heavily guarded.

usa is a different culture and very different behavior  maybe arming their schools is the solution.  either that or have tighter gun laws. the latter worked for the UK.
#992  February 25, 2018, 04:10:27 pm
  • Niigasan
#993  February 25, 2018, 04:11:01 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Or we just make it so that nobody in this situation has guns in the first place.  If we're talking about preferred body counts, I'd go with zero.

The long and short of it is that guns are made to kill and injure people.  It is literally the only reason these objects exist in the world.  There is no other practical application for guns.  The only reason anyone carries a firearm is because they expect to have to use it to kill or injure a person.  It's base common sense that these things should be heavily regulated, much more so than they are now.  For fuck's sake, it's easier to get a potential murder weapon in this country that it is to get a car or a bank loan. 

The only sane solution is much, much stricter gun control, but that gets in the way of republicans' dreams of starring in their own personal action movie, so they won't let it happen.

They definitely should be regulated alot more strictly I agree, but
even then if a person really wants one they will find a way to own
one regardless. Its to easy to find  dirty weapons on the streets, the
black market for guns is huge, theres more firearms in existence in the
USA than the whole population of human beings on earth and that's
scary to think theres more things out there that can kill us than us!

Its literally impossible for the government to cease them all at this point
a couple million of them would fall thru the cracks and end up on
the black market.
#994  February 25, 2018, 04:16:31 pm
    • USA
The idea of "we don't need gun control laws because people will still get guns if they want them" is not an argument against gun control, it's an argument against the very concept of law.

"There's no point in having larceny laws, because people will still steal things if they really want to."

"There's no point in having drug laws, because people will still sell drugs if they really want to."

"There's no point in having homicide laws, because people will still kill people if they really want to."

See how asinine that reasoning sounds when you apply it to literally anything other than gun control?  Just because people would attempt to break the law doesn't mean that we shouldn't even bother trying to stop them.
#995  February 25, 2018, 04:25:17 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
The idea of "we don't need gun control laws because people will still get guns if they want them" is not an argument against gun control, it's an argument against the very concept of law.

"There's no point in having larceny laws, because people will still steal things if they really want to."

"There's no point in having drug laws, because people will still sell drugs if they really want to."

"There's no point in having homicide laws, because people will still kill people if they really want to."

See how asinine that reasoning sounds when you apply it to literally anything other than gun control?  Just because people would attempt to break the law doesn't mean that we shouldn't even bother trying to stop them.

You read my first sentence right? Because I never said "theres no point" lol
I'm saying that even with stricter laws criminals will find a way to get them
and that's reality.  I know a ton of felons and ex cons that would never
be able to step foot in a gun shop but are heavily armed with guns that
have serial numbers scratched off.

I'm all down for harder laws but its not gonna do much but make the next
wannabe killer pay a visit to his local hood instead of pops gun shop.
#996  February 25, 2018, 04:34:58 pm
.... So you're saying laws are useless. This is exactly what you're saying.
either that or have tighter gun laws. the latter worked for the UK.
Not to mention pretty much all other first world countries.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#997  February 25, 2018, 04:49:51 pm
    • USA

So you're saying that you advocate for just giving up entirely?  That because criminals commit crimes, we shouldn't bother having any laws in the first place?  I don't get what the point you're trying to make is.

The first step is making it impossible for these types of people to obtain guns legally, then start cracking down hard on illegal activity.  The argument was made earlier that these shooters are cowards, so isn't it just as likely that they'll think twice if they have to turn to hoods and drug dealers to get the guns they're looking for instead of just casually strolling into a Wal-Mart?
#998  February 25, 2018, 05:03:49 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Laws work in two ways:

1) they deter crime by making the average person think "oh, the benefits of doing this illegal activity don't outweigh the cost of getting caught and suffering punishment".
2) they stop people that have *already* committed crime from doing so again, at least temporarily (i.e. prison time).

These two don't work on school shooters. These people don't operate under regular logic because they don't have anything to lose, their lives are pure shit. That's why the vast majority of shooters an hero themselves before the cops even make visual contact with them. Do you honestly think the possibility of getting caught while buying weapons and paying a 5,000 USD fine and/or spending a year in jail is really going to scare away someone who already plans to blow his brains out?
#999  February 25, 2018, 05:16:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

So you're saying that you advocate for just giving up entirely?  That because criminals commit crimes, we shouldn't bother having any laws in the first place?  I don't get what the point you're trying to make is.

The first step is making it impossible for these types of people to obtain guns legally, then start cracking down hard on illegal activity.  The argument was made earlier that these shooters are cowards, so isn't it just as likely that they'll think twice if they have to turn to hoods and drug dealers to get the guns they're looking for instead of just casually strolling into a Wal-Mart?

.... So you're saying laws are useless. This is exactly what you're saying.
either that or have tighter gun laws. the latter worked for the UK.
Not to mention pretty much all other first world countries.

Ok either both of you are..

A) retarded
B) dont know how to read proper English
C) both

You didn't read what ive been saying? Ive never said
laws are useless, I said I'm down for more laws but
its still not gonna stop criminals from finding a way
to get them!

Criminals dont give a fuck about laws, hence why we
call them criminals.
#1000  February 25, 2018, 05:26:25 pm
    • USA
So what exactly is your point then?  You say you don't think laws are useless but then in the exact same sentence you say that you don't believe laws will do anything.

Laws work in two ways:

1) they deter crime by making the average person think "oh, the benefits of doing this illegal activity don't outweigh the cost of getting caught and suffering punishment".
2) they stop people that have *already* committed crime from doing so again, at least temporarily (i.e. prison time).

These two don't work on school shooters. These people don't operate under regular logic because they don't have anything to lose, their lives are pure shit. That's why the vast majority of shooters an hero themselves before the cops even make visual contact with them. Do you honestly think the possibility of getting caught while buying weapons and paying a 5,000 USD fine and/or spending a year in jail is really going to scare away someone who already plans to blow his brains out?

I'm saying it's a start.  This isn't some simple issue where one single action is going to magically solve everything forever.  But it would be taking the first step in the right direction.  This constant rhetoric of "why bother trying, it's not going to work, there's no point" when it's children's lives on the line is what's so utterly baffling to me.
Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:32:45 pm by Person Man