YesNoOk

CVS2 Morrigan update (Nov 10 update) (Read 31756 times)

Started by Rolento, November 06, 2009, 10:10:09 pm
Share this topic:
CVS2 Morrigan update (Nov 10 update)
#1  November 06, 2009, 10:10:09 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Morrigan has gotten some more tweaks to fix a few odds and ends, and now has Mugen 1.0 victory screen compliance. She should still be able to work in both 1.0 and earlier versions of Mugen. Please check the readme to see what else has changed.

She along with the majority of my online works can be found on my http://irwt.smeenet.org. Comments and feedback are appreciated as always.

Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 11:24:35 pm by Rolento
Re: CVS2 Morrigan update
#2  November 06, 2009, 10:34:08 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
nice sprite turorials and your right she needed an update
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#3  November 07, 2009, 05:10:43 am
  • This will do....for now
    • USA
    • Skype - mellilla2003
    • www.youtube.com/user/smoke072
Nice char! Glad it got an update.
Switch: SW-8428-1825-4399
#4  November 07, 2009, 08:32:19 am
I wasn't expecting this. This is a great update. She feels much more complete now and as far as I can tell all the little annoyances from the last version have been worked out as well.

... I don't wanna, but I gotta ask. If li kun ever finishes his(?) CvS styled Morrigan sprites, do you think you'll use them for your Morrigan? Heck I'd redo the .sff myself if you'd readjust the clsn boxes.
#5  November 07, 2009, 08:42:06 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
-recovery is a little too early in cc activation and 2qcf + p
-s,n,k,ex groove dash can be canceled into itself
-opponent can cancel their getting up animation after air throw and hcb + p

-hk throw seems off hk throw could use effects

-dont have any idea on this

Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:43:37 pm by c001357
#6  November 07, 2009, 05:28:58 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Drex: I recall asking JZ to inquire about that same possibility in the past, but Li_Kun never actually responded to the question. As far as I can tell, he probably is only going to go with the fellow who made Hinata in the past.

c001357: Recovery will be looked at and addressed for those two cases. I'm pretty sure I know why the dash issue comes up, and it should be a quick fix up. The p2 states for the air throw and Vector Drain end around the opponent hitting the ground, so it might be necessary to extend this with another state or so. As for your screenshot, I can't be sure just what I'm looking at here. The point system is off kilter probably due to the EnvShake in action, and I have yet to be able to replicate that error in state 810.

[edit] Uploaded a quick fix to repair some issues in the counter movement code.
Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 06:46:18 pm by Rolento
#7  November 08, 2009, 04:47:26 am
Thanks for this update :) From a casual mugen and CVS player can't find anything glaringly wrong, and as a whole your morrigan feels more cvs-like now. (now that's quality feed-back) Anyway, fun character, thanks again.

DTK

#8  November 09, 2009, 02:06:42 am
Any plans to make her compatible for 1.0?
#9  November 09, 2009, 06:14:16 am
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Ughwtf: If you mean throwing in stuff like the victory quotes and picture, then yes. Otherwise, she's fully set up to work for 1.0 as it stands, although you may need to comment out palette 11 for the EX mode at the moment.
Re: CVS2 Morrigan update (Nov 10 update)
#10  November 10, 2009, 11:35:14 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
You mean you used 1.0 exclusive stuff (AI triggers, etc.)? Or 'compatible' with 1.0?
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#11  November 10, 2009, 11:44:40 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Lasombra: The latter. Winmugen ignores VictoryQuote stuff last I check, and 1.0 still reads them even if the version number is a legacy one.
#12  November 11, 2009, 03:51:11 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Yipeee. :)
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#13  November 11, 2009, 04:16:18 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Really nice morrigan  :) only one thing

Trying to dash after this grab produce debug flood

Chilling
#14  November 11, 2009, 11:49:43 am
- Heavy Soul Fist is too fast; I can spam it and link it into a super by using C-Groove. super chain combo is not supposed to be possible
- Heavy Soul Fist projectile needs less velocity... it's a bit too fast
- From across the screen Medium Soul Fist is supposed to hit

This also happens.

If you do a Shinkuu Hadouken (Super Soul Fist?), and press s.HP afterwards it'll connect a combo but p2 will float like that.

- Standing and Crouching Light punches are REALLY not supposed to be that spammable.... right now I can do 4 hits. normally, cvs2 only allows to hits

- Standing Close Heavy Kick needs more range. Spare Morrigan with a little more distance. because normally she can do this combo in cvs2: crossup air medium kick >> crouching medium kick >> standing close heavy kick >> darkness illusion

Standing close heavy kick definitely needs more distance
#15  November 11, 2009, 06:55:30 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Alright, I'm jotting these down to fix up within the near future. Curious about the Soul Fist issue, as there is nothing within the described states themselves that should be causing these changestates. I'm also noticing a problem in transitioning between c.mk to s.hk if c.mk was done upon landing, which is equally odd...

[Edit] Okay, source found; I accidently had two statedef 840 entries. That fixes that, but it is still going to be a little while till the next update.
Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 07:44:39 pm by Rolento
#16  November 12, 2009, 07:25:33 pm
  • FUCK YOUR FACE. ;-)
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
Im just glad that they are compatible with older Mugen. I hope all characters released in the future will also be compatible for winmugen.  :sugoi:

Thanks for the update
Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 07:29:06 pm by Drunk Ryu
#17  November 13, 2009, 05:32:07 pm
  • Hinata creator
    • uminokun.deviantart.com/
I recall asking JZ to inquire about that same possibility in the past, but Li_Kun never actually responded to the question. As far as I can tell, he probably is only going to go with the fellow who made Hinata in the past.

Hi rolento! well i download you morrigan and i like it alot,i love the ex mode! yes i remeber that jz ask for the sprite but i lose that message and forgot abou it im so sorry :( , and i dont think fervicante will code morrigan bcs he dont really like cvs programming so if you still want to use my sprites give me a pm and we can talk on msn if you want o.k?

Byeee
#18  November 13, 2009, 10:43:27 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Well, that went swell enough.
#19  November 14, 2009, 07:42:25 pm
I recall asking JZ to inquire about that same possibility in the past, but Li_Kun never actually responded to the question. As far as I can tell, he probably is only going to go with the fellow who made Hinata in the past.

Hi rolento! well i download you morrigan and i like it alot,i love the ex mode! yes i remeber that jz ask for the sprite but i lose that message and forgot abou it im so sorry :( , and i dont think fervicante will code morrigan bcs he dont really like cvs programming so if you still want to use my sprites give me a pm and we can talk on msn if you want o.k?

Byeee

Btw, li kun, since you're making that Morrigan, please don't make a falling anim where her eyes pop out 5 feet out of her eye sockets. i find that gethit anim to be really weird by human standards, haha
#20  November 14, 2009, 08:10:39 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Firstly, nice morrigan, it feels complete now, secondly, never post a release date unless you're positive you want it done by then. If you're not ready to release but you do it feels a lot less polished, which is why I don't like rushed releases, but thank god this one isn't. Good Job, Rolento.  :)

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#21  November 14, 2009, 08:16:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
What ? The date he wrote is the date at which he released the update, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
#22  November 14, 2009, 08:18:30 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
I mean that setting release dates can cause sloppy last minute touches and the project will come out unpolished or less polished then we expected, which is why I'm against asking for them.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#23  November 14, 2009, 09:51:13 pm
  • The SB of MFG
Awesome update! The small portrait looks much better than it originally did BTW. ;)
#24  November 14, 2009, 11:22:58 pm
I mean that setting release dates can cause sloppy last minute touches and the project will come out unpolished or less polished then we expected, which is why I'm against asking for them.

Yes, your giving advice, but it was a bit off topic and unnecessary. You may as well have been giving him good sprite ripping tips.
#25  November 16, 2009, 01:37:40 pm
nice job ~  :P
but,.. ex version has a burg~
can you fix ex mode?
#26  November 16, 2009, 01:56:18 pm
    • France
It would help if you told what the bug is !!! :ninja:
#27  November 17, 2009, 06:29:07 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it would help more if he told us what a burg is on his language.
#28  November 18, 2009, 12:06:58 pm
ex_morrigan is not perform! ok? >:D
#29  November 18, 2009, 04:02:12 pm
    • France
What ?
If you mean that you cannot select EX mode, isn't that a problem with the first versions of Mugen1.0 which didn't access palettes 7 to 12 ? Update your Mugen man !
#30  November 28, 2009, 06:42:16 am

This happens if I use a Super Soul Fist (shinkuu hadouken) and right afterwards use a crouching heavy punch

... p2 gets stuck in midair
#31  November 28, 2009, 12:02:26 pm
Yeah, the midair D+Hk does that a lot too.
#32  November 28, 2009, 08:41:38 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Found the cause of the hp issues earlier, and I'm guessing the D+HK stuff might be related as well.
I accidently had two statedef 840 entries. That fixes that, but it is still going to be a little while till the next update.
#33  December 28, 2009, 06:59:01 am
EX mode does not work properly in the older version of winmugen.  If you try to load it, the following error appears:

I think that's what was trying to be communicated earlier.
Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:05:45 am by Bobslobber
#34  December 28, 2009, 07:34:10 am
    • USA
that's because remappal is not a valid SCTRL.

seriously Rolento, just split morrigan into 2 .def files and let each one only read certain .cns files so you can make a version for each mugen engine and avoid this kind of bugs.

EDIT:: I know this is a MUGEN 1.0 thread but Rolento said it would work on any mugen right?
Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:19:33 am by Rednavi
#35  December 28, 2009, 07:27:09 pm
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Easy temporary solution is to delete that sctrl, as that is the only RC based sctrl in there back from rc1 or 2 when palettes were not properly set up yet. Remove that, and it should run in Winmugen builds fine. Currently working on a large update of the character that covers this and various other fixes, not to mention new sprites.
#36  December 28, 2009, 07:52:19 pm
Hell Yes!
#37  December 28, 2009, 08:14:33 pm
    • France
HELL YES!
#38  December 28, 2009, 08:54:04 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
Morrigan