Overwatch thread (Read 556637 times)

Started by DelusionTrim, June 09, 2016, 08:46:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Overwatch thread
#441  January 04, 2017, 09:07:58 am
  • The Goddess Returns
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752659040?page=3#post-58

Hook nerf incoming.

Oh thank fuck, those actually sound reasonable and make Roadhog's hook far more balanced.

I have pulled off two hooks that I honestly should not have done due to both characters falling out of sight before the hook animation even finished(both in Route 66 near the gas station to the first point, grabbed a Mei who nearly went completely around the corner by the time the game registered the hook animation and a Lucio who literally fell off the top end of the cliff by the road and I still somehow hooked him anyway... I felt disgusted on both grabs)

It also finally gives the opponent a chance to escape the hook without completely ruining it either.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#442  January 04, 2017, 08:00:54 pm
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Firstly, the hook victim will now move in to the position directly in front of Roadhog, rather than just a straight line towards him.

Please for the love of God let this mean that there will be no more hooked targets landing behind, above, or to the side which can screw up the hook kills... as someone who plays Roadhog it's so annoying whenever this happens, this alone would a huge benefit for Roadhog. Also this patch better come with a nerf to Ana's grenade, now that ability is bs.

In other news, Terry Crews paid a visit to Blizzard... maybe the possibility of him voicing Doomfist isn't far off :D

https://www.facebook.com/realterrycrews/posts/1369671903053165

So a cool thing about the Oasis map, the one with the cars: if you're Mei, Zarya or Reaper you can jump on the cars and use your shift ability (dunno what it is on console) to get to the point faster, cool strategy.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:38:26 pm by DelusionTrim
#443  January 05, 2017, 11:38:20 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
New PTR patch notes Ana gets the nerf she deserves and we can finally use multiple Emotes, Spray and Voice Lines in a match.
General

Emote Wheel
Players can now equip up to 4 emotes, sprays, and voice lines from within the hero gallery
Voice line and emote submenus can be accessed using the left and right mouse buttons from within the Communication wheel
Players can now bind individual sprays, emotes, and voice lines to unique keys or mouse buttons
HERO BALANCE UPDATES

Ana

Biotic Grenade
Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%
Developer Comments: The healing boost from Ana’s Biotic Grenade was providing too much healing, especially when used on targets with large health pools.

D.Va

Health increased from 200 to 400
Armor decreased from 400 to 200
Fusion Cannons
Bullet damage decreased from 3 to 2
Number of bullets per shot has been increased from 8 to 11
Developer Comments: D.Va’s armor often made her feel like she had no weaknesses, even against heroes that are often effective against bigger targets (like Reaper). The changes to her Fusion Cannons will result in a small overall decrease in damage, but they should feel more consistent now.

Roadhog

Chain Hook
Targets are now pulled directly in front of Roadhog (rather than straight to him), except in cases where Roadhog drastically rotates
Hooked targets are now released if they leave Roadhog’s line-of-sight before being pulled
Line-of-sight checks (which detect if targets should be initially hit by the hook) are now done from Roadhog’s position, rather than the hook’s position
Developer Comments: The hook should now feel more consistent for Roadhog players, but it should also feel more reasonable to his enemies, as they cannot be hooked or pulled around corners anymore.

Sombra

Hack
The time it takes to hack a target has been decreased from 1 second to 0.8 seconds
Developer Comments: Sombra often had difficulty hacking enemies, even when she surprised the target. This change should help her execute hacks more easily.

USER INTERFACE UPDATES

The “Stay as Team” button lights up when anyone on your team clicks it
Kill Feed

Hero ability icons are now displayed
Ultimate abilities are now indicated with an orange arrow
Headshot eliminations are now indicated with a red icon
BUG FIXES

General

Fixed a bug that allowed spectators to click the “Stay as Team” button after a game ended
Fixed a bug that caused the “Stay as Team” button to overlap with the “Back” button on the Social menu
Fixed a bug causing the “Mouse 4” button to execute the “Back” function during menu navigation, preventing it from being used for other features
Fixed a bug preventing the Social menu from correctly displaying World of Warcraft zones that have a single quotation mark in the name
Fixed a bug causing heroes to display a “T-pose” on the victory screen following a Mystery Heroes brawl
AI

Fixed a bug that prevented the Roadhog bot from grabbing enemies with his Chain Hook through a friendly Reinhardt’s Barrier Field
Fixed a bug that allowed the Sombra bot to hack through barriers
Fixed a bug that made the Torbjörn bot unresponsive after placing his turret
Competitive Play

Fixed a bug preventing players from receiving experience points when playing offseason games
Heroes

Fixed a bug that would cause the cup in Ana’s “Toast” victory pose to appear blurry on the right side of the screen
Fixed a bug causing several visual effect issues on McCree’s “Hat Trick” emote
Fixed a bug causing Mercy’s wings to be improperly placed on her Valkyrie and Sigrún skins
Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Symmetra’s Photon Barrier from playing a sound effect when destroyed
Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Widowmaker’s Venom Mine from attaching to walls
Fixed a bug that prevented Zenyatta’s Nutcracker skin from glowing when his Transcendence ultimate ability was activated
Maps

Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker to reach an unintended location on Eichenwalde
Fixed a bug that allowed Widowmaker to reach unintended locations on Ecopoint: Antarctica
Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Dorado
Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Watchpoint: Gibraltar
Fixed a bug on Oasis's garden tier where the border around the capture point inaccurately marked the bounds of the capture point
Fixed an issue causing texture fragmentation on the Practice Range
Fixed a bug preventing some projectiles from destroying the piñatas on Dorado
Fixed an issue preventing the glass railings on Oasis from being easily broken by a melee attack
#444  January 06, 2017, 12:54:09 am
  • The Goddess Returns
It's so damn beautiful...

Tank Meta is going to take a massive hit now due to the Biotic Grenade nerf(I'd rather they remove the healing boost in general to completely destroy the Tank Meta but knocking it to 50% is a good run regardless) and it seems even Blizzard knew that D.Va's survivability was ridiculous so having only 200 Armor is definitely a better compromise than 400 Armor.

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#445  January 06, 2017, 01:47:37 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
A little sad Soldier or Symmetra didn't appear in there at all, Symm's left click is too strong honestly.

But I'm glad with all the planned changes, especially Ana's
#446  January 06, 2017, 02:42:26 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
D.Va nerf. :mcry:

Hopefully her Fusion Cannons work better, at least.
#447  January 06, 2017, 03:53:46 am
Yes thanks for the Ana nerf... it was ridiculous when she could save a tank that was getting focused on by 3 enemies with her grenade. I'd still rather have a splash fall off to her boost so you wouldn't get the whole boost from what is a miss, but knocking it down to 50% seems like a nice start.

I guess the nerf to D.Va is somewhat warranted,  felt like that unless you were Roadhog or Zarya you'd die due to the sheer amount of armor it had.

On another topic... I've been playing a lot of Lucio as of late, and man I do not understand how people can think it's boring to play this guy, dude is fucking engaging to play with those wall skating ability of his and getting to do team pushes by yourself is just the greatest thing ever. Also been playing more Sombra (not in ranked unlike Lucio though), I still think she is just very few buffs away from being really good, I totally forgot how much of a blast it is to play with her, I particularly love characters with plenty of multi-utility abilities.

A little sad Soldier or Symmetra didn't appear in there at all, Symm's left click is too strong honestly.

But I'm glad with all the planned changes, especially Ana's

Yeah I wouldn't agree with Soldier getting a nerf, if anything I'd go as far as saying that the DPS in general might need buffs it these changes happen to not change the tank meta.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson co-signs the idea of Terry Crews voicing Doomfist  :yuno:

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/817011553782239232

Ooooooh this is gonna be good :D
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:35:46 am by DelusionTrim
#448  January 06, 2017, 05:55:42 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
(I'd rather they remove the healing boost in general to completely destroy the Tank Meta but knocking it to 50% is a good run regardless)
The point was to nerf tank meta, not make Ana unviable.
Sym could always do that, it's just that her gun was too short ranged to pull it off. She has to get close regardless and she doesn't have any mobility abilities to help her do that.

Not too sure about D. va nerf, she can still be taken out as is pretty quick and that large critbox doesn't do her any favors. Was already expecting Ana nerf and that nerf was pretty much what I was thinking of to kill tank meta while keeping Ana viable. Personally, I think Reaper could use a slight range buff.
Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:59:27 am by Darkflare
#449  January 06, 2017, 06:21:56 am
Yeah I agree Reaper sure does need a little something, as of now it feels like 76 more or less replaced him as a tank counter. This is also why I don't agree with Soldier getting a nerf, tanks are dominating now (though a large part of that could be attributed to Ana) and the currently the DPS could use a little push... no need to directly buff the damage (other than pre-buff 76, no one needs more damage imo), buff other things to make them better against tank comps.
#450  January 06, 2017, 07:01:50 am
    • USA
As a Pharah player I'd say Solider can't get nerfed without nerfing Pharah with him. His high damage is the only real threat to her now with Hook getting changed then again i play on console so maybe McCree is still godlike at killing her on PC but on console when there's no Solider on the enemy team I'm able to wreck the other team easily.

Then again Hook is doing some new nonsense now
https://gfycat.com/CourteousSplendidAmurratsnake
#451  January 06, 2017, 08:07:20 am
  • The Goddess Returns
(I'd rather they remove the healing boost in general to completely destroy the Tank Meta but knocking it to 50% is a good run regardless)
The point was to nerf tank meta, not make Ana unviable.

I took that exactly into account, she needs to be toned down alot if we want the tank meta to get a hard hit.

Yeah I agree Reaper sure does need a little something, as of now it feels like 76 more or less replaced him as a tank counter. This is also why I don't agree with Soldier getting a nerf, tanks are dominating now (though a large part of that could be attributed to Ana) and the currently the DPS could use a little push... no need to directly buff the damage (other than pre-buff 76, no one needs more damage imo), buff other things to make them better against tank comps.

Honestly, buffing DPS at this rate is a TERRIBLE idea. What DPS actually need is more utility to match Tanks as while the meta is nerfed now, it still gives Tanks lots of leeway when it comes to damage mitigation for most of them. Says something that the main idea to fight against Tanks is to use Defensive Characters and not DPS.

As a Pharah player I'd say Solider can't get nerfed without nerfing Pharah with him. His high damage is the only real threat to her now with Hook getting changed then again i play on console so maybe McCree is still godlike at killing her on PC but on console when there's no Solider on the enemy team I'm able to wreck the other team easily.

Then again Hook is doing some new nonsense now
https://gfycat.com/CourteousSplendidAmurratsnake

Pretty much all characters are godlike in killing others in PC due to easier aiming abilities with a mouse.
And come on, I thought the maximum was 90 degrees, not 180...

#452  January 06, 2017, 09:05:58 am
Honestly, buffing DPS at this rate is a TERRIBLE idea. What DPS actually need is more utility to match Tanks as while the meta is nerfed now, it still gives Tanks lots of leeway when it comes to damage mitigation for most of them. Says something that the main idea to fight against Tanks is to use Defensive Characters and not DPS.

This is why I say not buff their damage but other things they have... Soldier for instance, his damage is what was holding him back, his kit has always been great though. Now you compare McCree and he is pretty unbalanced considering how much his primary fire is basically what makes him relevant and not so much the rest of his kit (except flash bang), so do something about his roll and his ult to make his kit stand out a bit more or something. For Sombra I guess something as convinient as having hacked health packs be visible through walls for your team would be a good start... Reaper could use some QoL changes not directly related to his damage since he hasn't been changed since release.

Defensive characters are pretty much Mei atm, I won't deny she is a great tank counter though, the wall can do wonders and the ice spray is D.Va and Winston's worst nightmare. I guess you can count in a great Widowmaker and Hanzo though these a much less common to see. I really think Bastion could use some buffs (or a redesign even) since the poor robot hasn't got any unlike his other Defensive pals.

Edit: of course this is all if the tank meta remains even after these changes.
Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:39:39 pm by DelusionTrim
#453  January 13, 2017, 02:47:33 pm
New changes to PTR:

We're about to push a new build to the PTR with some new changes:

Roadhog Hook
- Added some more line of sight checks towards the left/right of a potential hook target. This means it should be easier to hook someone who is sticking halfway out of a doorway, or behind a thin pole, etc. These checks are also used for the persistent line of sight check, so if a hook target moves behind a slim object like a stump or a lightpole, they won't be released anymore.
- Hooked targets are now slowed heavily while they are stunned, even if they are in the air. This means if someone is strafe jumping away from you and you land a hook, they are a lot less likely to slide out of line on sight, breaking the hook.
- Fixed a bug that could allow you to hook someone and pull them behind you if you spun around before the hook landed.

Ana
- Biotic Grenade duration reduced from 5s to 4s

Sombra
- Hack cooldown reduced from 12s to 8s

Thanks for the feedback so far! Hopefully we'll have this new patch up very soon so you guys can check it out and let us know what you think.

Yeeesss more Sombra buffs and nerfs to Ana's grenade...

Also Roadhog's hook may have been nerfed in a way but it got buffed in another, such as all characters being pulled in at the same range. You can now one shot anyone that's 250HP and below, no exceptions from what I've seen, I even tested it once on Zarya and she was left with 35HP which is crazy.
#454  January 13, 2017, 06:05:56 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
Roadhog gained that with one of his buffs in 2.0, 2.1 pretty much changed him nearly back to his 1.0 status except more consistent and cannot grab people who have their head sticking out from above ground...and people are crying to Blizzard to want that back too...

I'm honestly just flabbergasted. Roadhog was one of the main reasons the Tank Meta was thriving so hard(due to the fact that a single hook can change the match so easily in the enemy team's favor by immediately taking it to 5vs6) next to again Tanks basically being better DPS and having Mitigation Tools and Ana's Biotic Grenade.
Finally being able to have a way to break Roadhog's hook was something I was happy about because I really started hating the hook when I lost a trade to a Roadhog even though I Flashbang'd him before the hook completed, but I still got hook, dragged and stunned and died despite it should have completely canceled it out.

Now it's basically hug the walls, payload or Reinhardt's shield or get one shotted...they didn't even reduce the range or the CD. Combined with Ana, Mei and Reaper can now be oneshotted means that Roadhog actually gains even more buffs in the "toning down" of the BS of his Hook.
Keep that "Tank Meta" strong Blizzard.

#455  January 17, 2017, 12:13:38 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Maybe Winston will see the light of play for once when D.Va's nerfed, I often get moaned at for using him if the enemy has 3 tanks, but I still do my job well and handle squishies/supports.

I pray the meta doesn't get even worse, I'm having so much trouble getting back to Master.
#456  January 17, 2017, 12:33:36 am
Roadhog gained that with one of his buffs in 2.0, 2.1 pretty much changed him nearly back to his 1.0 status except more consistent and cannot grab people who have their head sticking out from above ground...and people are crying to Blizzard to want that back too...

I'm honestly just flabbergasted. Roadhog was one of the main reasons the Tank Meta was thriving so hard(due to the fact that a single hook can change the match so easily in the enemy team's favor by immediately taking it to 5vs6) next to again Tanks basically being better DPS and having Mitigation Tools and Ana's Biotic Grenade.
Finally being able to have a way to break Roadhog's hook was something I was happy about because I really started hating the hook when I lost a trade to a Roadhog even though I Flashbang'd him before the hook completed, but I still got hook, dragged and stunned and died despite it should have completely canceled it out.

Now it's basically hug the walls, payload or Reinhardt's shield or get one shotted...they didn't even reduce the range or the CD. Combined with Ana, Mei and Reaper can now be oneshotted means that Roadhog actually gains even more buffs in the "toning down" of the BS of his Hook.
Keep that "Tank Meta" strong Blizzard.

Hook 2.0 was terrible though, if there was a lamp post it would break immediately, also if any character was half-seen behind a wall the hook would connect and immediately break, now that is just not fair to the one playing Roadhog. I can agree getting hooked and then going behind walls is bad but these two things I mentioned were BS to the Roadhog player.

Also Reaper could always be one-shot, so there is really no difference in his case.
#457  January 17, 2017, 02:59:20 am
  • The Goddess Returns
My issue with the new Hook 2.1 is the fact that it renders the point of being to save yourself from instant death by slowing you down immensely. Stopping it from people being able to slighty put part of their bodies in doorways and lightposts is stupid and I agree with that, but I still in general have issues with how Tanks are basically Tanks in this game. High Powered Damage, Huge Utility Skills(which includes damage mitigation in most forms) and huge amounts of health.

I do know that there should be some hook to play tanks but with how Blizzard keeps buffing and nerfing people, they clearly have no clue on how to make Tanks accessible without always making DPS heroes obsolete, even with the nerf of Ana's Biotic Grenade as while it made the meta viable, people was always going to gravitate to it.

#458  January 19, 2017, 03:05:23 am
    • USA
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:11:18 am by Moon Girard
#459  January 19, 2017, 04:36:48 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Well, I've been sitting on over 8k coins for a while and I have so many things that duplicates are very common...
#460  January 19, 2017, 04:41:47 am
I've known since the halloween event to save up coins for event legendaries, all those duplicates are worth it... those Mei and D.Va costumes look great.
Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:54:33 am by DelusionTrim