YesNoOk

A high quality SF3 Dudley please? (Read 2171 times)

Started by vyn, November 24, 2019, 06:09:44 pm

vyn

A high quality SF3 Dudley please?
#1  November 24, 2019, 06:09:44 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Ive downloaded a couple versions of this guy but none is super great.

Is there a really good version out there?, like the SF3 Characters created by GM?, that good?

Thanks!.
Re: A high quality SF3 Dudley please?
#2  December 03, 2019, 09:48:18 pm
    • Niger
for my game,I'm working on a Dudley edit' whose entire point is to make a Dudley on the same quality as GM (and actually even above GM because GM's hitboxes are not 1:1 accurate due to him drawing them by hand instead of referencing hitbox viewers)
but the problem is I'm offering slowness due to how many unique hitbox frames there are per action. I'm done with all the supers and the specials and a few movement actions, but I still got the rest of the movement and most of the normals to do
and that's not counting correcting the frame pacing to 1:1 match arcade SF3 (which would actually take less time than the hitboxes) and editing attack properties to imitate arcade SF3 as much as possible (as far as I know, velocity formulas were never extracted by anyone)
I'd give myself approximately a month to finish it. in case you wonder, yeah I will release the Dudley as soon as I'm done with it rather than waiting for my game to release
anyway, to show that I'm actually working on something, here's a comparison of idle sprites in mugen and in game

if you wonder why these two frames have slight differences, it's because in SF3 the hitboxes slightly shift and transform even when only a static frame is being played out, and I don't have the patience to record a bunch of footage just to get the same footage I had while developing the hitboxes. the shifting/transformation are just miniscule pixel differences and to implement even them would take like three times the work for something that wouldn't change how Dudley plays out, as those transformations/shifting would very rarely ever impact whenever the opponent's attack hits or whiffs
Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:02:34 pm by GrayGeorge

vyn

Re: A high quality SF3 Dudley please?
#3  January 03, 2020, 05:03:11 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
for my game,I'm working on a Dudley edit' whose entire point is to make a Dudley on the same quality as GM (and actually even above GM because GM's hitboxes are not 1:1 accurate due to him drawing them by hand instead of referencing hitbox viewers)
but the problem is I'm offering slowness due to how many unique hitbox frames there are per action. I'm done with all the supers and the specials and a few movement actions, but I still got the rest of the movement and most of the normals to do
and that's not counting correcting the frame pacing to 1:1 match arcade SF3 (which would actually take less time than the hitboxes) and editing attack properties to imitate arcade SF3 as much as possible (as far as I know, velocity formulas were never extracted by anyone)
I'd give myself approximately a month to finish it. in case you wonder, yeah I will release the Dudley as soon as I'm done with it rather than waiting for my game to release
anyway, to show that I'm actually working on something, here's a comparison of idle sprites in mugen and in game

if you wonder why these two frames have slight differences, it's because in SF3 the hitboxes slightly shift and transform even when only a static frame is being played out, and I don't have the patience to record a bunch of footage just to get the same footage I had while developing the hitboxes. the shifting/transformation are just miniscule pixel differences and to implement even them would take like three times the work for something that wouldn't change how Dudley plays out, as those transformations/shifting would very rarely ever impact whenever the opponent's attack hits or whiffs

Ah sorry i did not reply, looking forward to your dudle my man.