YesNoOk

(Im)Balance stuff (Read 18009 times)

Started by Cybaster, June 19, 2008, 10:05:05 am
Share this topic:

hjk

Re: (Im)Balance stuff
#21  June 23, 2008, 02:06:29 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
- Wish I had seen this earlier -

Anyway I watched this vid of Chun-Li in SvC and found her damage kind of high:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q1kUtZsp3sk
It seemed even more ridiculous to me at first because I forgot that SvC uses a double lifebar, but still going back and looking at your Chun-Li, she looks a bit weaker than the real one, IMO.
You are talking about balance and accuracy and point out what seem to be inconsistencies that you think you found after---here's the good bit---watching a video and gauging the amount of health substracted from a health bar by sight, doubling that in your head, then comparing to MUGEN from your memory---and then you dare to bring up results obtained in such a completely unreliable way and waste our time with it?!?
The nerve of you! I'm at a loss for words. o_O
You take yourself a bit too seriously there Sepp, or should I say you take Mugen a bit too seriously.
Anyway, made a mistake.... ohhhhh, woah, no way.
BTW, I didn't say anything about your Chun-Li's damage from my memory, that's just the way I speak.

(technically we're arguing about CvS, but as it concerns specials, I believe SFA and CvS are interchangable in that sentence).
Yes.
Good.

Anyway I watched this vid of Chun-Li in SvC and found her damage kind of high:
Err no, that looks normal for SNK damage
Watch the second round vs chunli, 25% from a DM. Normal.
Yeah, I'm sure I'm wrong. That was my bad.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:10:38 pm by Bistard Wolf
#22  June 23, 2008, 02:21:35 pm
You take yourself a bit too seriously there Sepp, or should I say you take Mugen a bit too seriously.
I don't understand how that has anything to do with what he said.

hjk

#23  June 23, 2008, 02:24:20 pm
    • Afghanistan
I don't understand how that has anything to do with what he said.
It doesn't have to do with his overall point, but what he said in that sentence (especially teh separated part)... God, it sounds so girlish and dramatized.

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

#24  June 23, 2008, 02:27:56 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Oh the irony !!!
#25  June 23, 2008, 02:32:53 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
What did you just say?!

hjk

#26  June 23, 2008, 02:37:09 pm
    • Afghanistan

#27  June 23, 2008, 06:19:19 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Anyway, made a mistake.... ohhhhh, woah, no way.
BTW, I didn't say anything about your Chun-Li's damage from my memory, that's just the way I speak.

:_blank:

I don't think it would be a problem to tell myself I only want to shut you up so you'd stop wasting everybody's time. It wouldn't need to be for just myself, it might be to everybody's benefit... :beam:
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)

hjk

#28  June 23, 2008, 06:25:35 pm
    • Afghanistan
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
:_blank:
I don't think it would be a problem to tell myself I only want to shut you up so you'd stop wasting everybody's time. It wouldn't need to be for just myself, it might be to everybody's benefit... :beam:
I was waiting for such a long time to see your post...
Anyway, as I re-read this thread I realized that you, Cyanide, and I might (sort of) be arguing from the same side (or I could have messed up in my interpretations of your posts).

When you said this:
Balanced damage values? See if you find many KOF special moves that manage to do as much damage as SFA chars with their strongest basic attacks... I want to say, those games are pretty different regarding damages.
I don't think you realized that i had just finished making a point similar to that.

Anyway, let me ask you a question (please answer before rereading the thread yourself), which game deals more Hyper damage CvS or KOF?

Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:28:53 pm by Bistard Wolf
#29  June 23, 2008, 06:32:52 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
but damage is hardly one factor in damage, You can take a character like angel that does ridiculously low damage, but that has enough mind tricks and set ups to infinites-long combos that makes her high tier.
#30  June 23, 2008, 06:33:04 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
You do realize that damage is altered according to the move's weaknesses and strengths?

There is no set rule of damage.

Edit : [E] beat me to it :P
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 06:37:45 pm by K.O.D
#31  June 23, 2008, 06:33:49 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Anyway I'll humor you and say KOF.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#32  June 23, 2008, 06:36:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wont humour you and i will point out that you are analyzing your supposed data as if its things you have studied for a long time and are absolutely certain of, and then claim things based on commonly known stuff that are wrong but that you assume due to that "data".

When you make long winded arguments that demand that others verify the original data to answer to you and then reveal that you werent after all, sure of anything you said, you make them feel like they just wasted their time.

Thats part of the reason you get into so many "arguments" around.

Sorry if it offends you.

hjk

#33  June 23, 2008, 06:54:12 pm
    • Afghanistan
I know.

Anyway I'll humor you and say KOF.
I need to see what Sepp, says. Just Sepp.

I wont humour you and i will point out that you are analyzing your supposed data as if its things you have studied for a long time and are absolutely certain of, and then claim things based on commonly known stuff that are wrong but that you assume due to that "data".
I'm not saying these are things I've studied for a long time.
*After Sepp replies I'll explain...*

When you make long winded arguments that demand that others verify the original data to answer to you and then reveal that you werent after all, sure of anything you said, you make them feel like they just wasted their time.
Thats part of the reason you get into so many "arguments" around.
Sorry if it offends you.
In no way does it offend me. I like being put in uncomfortable situations.
I'll explain after Sepp, replies. BTW, the arguments I get into tend to be on persional issues. Most of the "glitch" ones are never resolved, but one I believe I've been proven wrong on.

#34  June 23, 2008, 07:01:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Repeating the stunt has the ability to get others to take you less seriously each time to the point they might find it umcomfortable to have to go and make you believe they are right, instead of proving you wrong. Lets take for instance the geese AI thing, you claim that the glitches you found not one you were proven wrong, but there, the moment I told you the reason for AI to react that way you dismissed what I had just told you in a manner that I would have to "prove you wrong".

Would you had been happy had I told you that extended attack state on SF alpha characters cause the AI to lock into guardstate for as long as the move remains?I dont think so... you are creating situations where someone has got to "win" but no one can "win".

I just really dont think its a good way to use your time.

hjk

#35  June 23, 2008, 07:07:00 pm
    • Afghanistan
Repeating the stunt has the ability to get others to take you less seriously each time to the point they might find it umcomfortable to have to go and make you believe they are right, instead of proving you wrong. Lets take for instance the geese AI thing, you claim that the glitches you found not one you were proven wrong, but there, the moment I told you the reason for AI to react that way you dismissed what I had just told you in a manner that I would have to "prove you wrong".
Whoa, whoa, NO.
I wasn't pointing out any AI "glitch" there at all. I was merely saying that Geese seemed to have rather reactionary AI and seemed very static. I was merely suggesting that PotS could do more with it, rather than having Geese do 1 of 2 things every time the situation occured (everytime p2 attacked within a certain range).
That wasn't a "glitch" post my friend    :)

Would you had been happy had I told you that extended attack state on SF alpha characters cause the AI to lock into guardstate for as long as the move remains?I dont think so... you are creating situations where someone has got to "win" but no one can "win".
I just really dont think its a good way to use your time.
Explained above.

Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:14:05 pm by Bistard Wolf
I'll tell you what I'll say!
#36  June 23, 2008, 08:05:59 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
Re: I'll tell you what I'll say!
#37  June 23, 2008, 08:09:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"Oh I hoped you would DO something like that!"

Actually could ve seen it coming from a mile away. HJK attitude doesnt help.
#38  June 23, 2008, 08:14:57 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The only thing I can say after reading this thread is how in the hell did "every single one" of Kung_Fu_Man's characters end up on hjk's list of characters with balanced supers when most of said characters barely have specials, let alone supers (additionally, one of Hashimoto's supers, last I checked, doesn't drain super power unless it hits the opponent)? Also I don't get Fervicante being on that list, although then again, the last thing I downloaded from him was CvS2 Hinata, and when I played it, I really hated how much damage the supers did.

EDIT: goddammit hjk stop ripping off people's names, I was getting all excited that I could flame Edward, but nope!
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 08:22:58 pm by Manko
#39  June 23, 2008, 10:40:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
HJK said to tell Jango that he replied to him in his Sig...so I am guessing look at a sig for a reply *shrugs*
Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:46:04 pm by LaQuak
#40  June 23, 2008, 10:45:24 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
read the sig, now i'm even more confused