YesNoOk

The I HATE MY JOB thread (Read 9961 times)

Started by Renzo F, June 25, 2014, 11:11:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The I HATE MY JOB thread
#41  June 27, 2014, 05:41:04 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Working at fast food places seems like the most rage producing. Not only do you have to deal with 'that one person' on what seems an everyday basis, but there isn't that much pay from it.

I've never worked at a fast food place, but I know a few peers that do, and they used to tell me stories about how they hated their job.

Then again, I'm from the south.
#42  June 27, 2014, 05:43:11 pm
  • SNK is life
#43  June 27, 2014, 05:44:59 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Every country has different costs, being paid 3 bucks a hour is great in some countries and its not even worth the gas you pay to get to work on others. Countries have different payment and expectations based on their costs, gasp.
Like val said,  heres the big mac index
http://www.economist.com/content/big-mac-index

edit : ninjad.

5 bucks for a burger here.
#44  June 27, 2014, 05:49:07 pm
And I'm frustrated for making $10. :P

It's not about the pay rate it's about standard of living. Making millions isn't that great if you're millions in debt.

I've been at the supermarket job for about a year; should really look into moving up in the company. Thing is idk about committing to a long term career in retail grocery. Goal is to be in field a where I enjoy going to work.

Working at fast food places seems like the most rage producing.

Yeah fast food is miserable. Besides all the bs, your clothes end up with that awful grease and food residue smell, yuck. Oddly, I kinda do that where I work now (deli that serves fried foods and stuff). Still much better than when I worked at McD's.

Then again, all depends on the line of work. I'm sure managers have it a bit easier. ::)
Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:56:04 pm by Niitris
#45  June 27, 2014, 06:13:42 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Motherfucker $8 PER HOUR?! We make $5 per day. Count your blessings bitch
count my blessings that inflation sucks harder here????? 8 dollars an hour gets you nowhere on long island lmao
#46  June 27, 2014, 06:26:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
well you are apparently worth insulting because you live in a place that demands more money for living.
you need to be living under five bucks a day to be able to complain about living conditions . that would get you a burger a day, you can live under a bridge, it will build charisma. You can use discarded pets as toilet paper, become a real wildman of the united states of america.
#47  June 27, 2014, 07:09:38 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You could probably make more than $5 a day just by actually being a hobo and holding out a can.
#48  June 27, 2014, 07:15:58 pm
    • Peru
My first formal work was at a Helpdesk Callcenter. We use to call the place "HellMess". Working in customer services / interacting with clients is ever hard, but it made me build character. I had to work on Holydays and at night... it was really, really hard.

I remember returning home and just crying because I couldn't bear with the stress. Weird enough, sometims I miss those days... I was young, had a lot of good friends at work and we were very close to each other.

EDIT: WTF, I edited the wrong post... that should go to USF4 discussion :P
Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:04:55 pm by Renzo F
#49  June 27, 2014, 07:17:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
callcenter workers end up bonding over the stress.
Ive been there briefly as well.
#50  June 27, 2014, 08:56:33 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
for my part, i am mostly on grill/table/lobby/dishes at mcdonalds with occasional odd jobs

ive only done orders/money a couple times and i always got angry, rushed dickfaces at my register
#51  June 27, 2014, 08:58:22 pm
  • Has a backlog of games to 100%
    • USA
Among the people discussing college, I'd actually be lucky to land a job.  Even though I already discussed this in the "ask user" thread, this fits better here.  Imagine going to college for two years and thinking adult life is going to be easy.  Even if there was no partying, my time in college was passing classes and somehow getting through finals.  But everything got screwy towards the end.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Now I'm still searching for a job and I've only gotten a few interviews.  From all the applications I send out, I'm happy if I even get a "We thank you for your time and interest, but we found a better candidate." e-mails.

I hope I can actually get this job opportunity at GE to do technical stuff, because my dad has worked there before and he says they have good income and stuff. The recruiter said it's $12.50 an hour, but I'll gladly take it.  I want to get some cash flowing in before the 6-month grace period on my student loans ends.
If this doesn't work out, I'm leaning towards working as a bagger at the local grocery store.

#52  June 27, 2014, 10:32:27 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Motherfucker $8 PER HOUR?! We make $5 per day. Count your blessings bitch
Are you out of your fucking mind? Is cost of living constant everywhere or something in your magic little world? The criminally low wages fast food workers (and everyone on minimum wage for that matter) aren't low enough? A person living on that wage can't get by without at least one other job (some people even work three), there have been several major strikes demanding a higher wage, and here you are, mad that those entitled pricks won't just suck it up or something? You privileged piece of shit.

You got it good over in Mexico, you're doing well and above more than most, and here you are, attacking a person that has to work on a McDonald's salary and trying to browbeat them morally? How morally bankrupt can you be? Jesus fuck.
#53  June 27, 2014, 11:03:13 pm
  • SNK is life
Attacking? Wow.

Mog

#54  June 27, 2014, 11:08:37 pm
ATTACKING!!!  WITH A LARGE STICK!!

I thought you were trying to be funny in a not so funny way.
#55  June 27, 2014, 11:12:10 pm
    • Peru
Me too, but it seems like this is a delicate matter and you can't joke about it.
#56  June 27, 2014, 11:14:46 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Lighten up people !

Started my job almost one year ago.
Not getting paid a lot considering how many diplomas I have, some clients are shitty, I do a lot of overtime which isn't paid, but over all I like my job. Many interesting things to learn every week, challenging, and a very friendly atmostphere with my colleagues. That's what I like the most : everybody works seriously, but everybody is cool and smiling, and don't live for their work, trying to backstab you at any occasion.
#57  June 27, 2014, 11:15:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
calling someone a motherfucker and a bitch over their sallary range doesnt come across as a "funny joke"  to me.

cy we are major beer and spirits productors alcohol is always somewhat cheap here, and im guessing it varies with place as well. if we go burger wise it takes about a  hour and half of minimum wage to get a burger.
#58  June 27, 2014, 11:15:57 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
all i can say is that you comment was dumb. i dont see it as attacking tho.

8 dollars an hour here is nothing- im fortunate enough to live with my parents at the moment where i dont have to worry much about bills. but to put it in perspective, the expected student contribution for my first year at cornell (money i gotta pay, not my parents) is $3,400, metrocard i use to take the bus every month is 113 dollars, i pay for my cellphone bill which is 50 a month, my own meals cause i am out/working most of the day which adds up to a lot. im gonna have to start paying taxes as well, and im probably gonna be helping my already bogged down parents with rent in the future cause the property taxes in long island are among the highest in the country. if i werent counting the money i have to save for cornell, i got some money left for frivolous spending- but when im out of college and paying my own bills and loans off? by then itll probably be even worse, and a job like that wont cut it at all.
#59  June 27, 2014, 11:18:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
didnt mcdonalds distribute that budget plan that told the employees "get a second job" in order for them to even live?  Eight bucks a hour living where you live is in no ways living conditions.
#60  June 27, 2014, 11:19:22 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Oh come on motherfucka, this can be seen as a gangsta way of being friendly with you bitches in da party !
Really people, don't make a big deal out of that.

my own meals cause i am out/working most of the day which adds up to a lot
Stupid question, but doesn't your fast food "offer" you a meal each lunch or dinner, depending on your shift ? Not that I would advice eating one McDonalds menu everyday, but still.