YesNoOk

All Chars Update(2018 & Beyond) (Read 484302 times)

Started by DW, May 31, 2018, 06:25:07 pm
Share this topic:
Re: All Chars Update(2018-19) Careful what you wish for...
#301  August 20, 2019, 10:42:14 am
 Zzyzzyxx's AI is good,they like to do the little KOF hops if I could call them that, that Ive seen KOF AI's do but they are fun to fight and do pose a threat for me.
 Infinite's AI is good as well. Good stuff.

A bit late to this, I would love to see you record some fights Wolf, doing an arcade run etc.

If you need any help setting up OBS for local recording I am more than happy to help. I use win 7 on my home PC for emulation purposes so I got you there.

If you need anything recorded too just drop me a PM.

DW

#302  August 25, 2019, 12:27:21 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
After I finish Kyosuke, I'll be rebuilding my Mugen for actual playing purposes. I had several different setups on my old PC, but it crashed, and I lost everything. Once I set myself free again tho, I'll hit you up and take you up on your offer. I appreciate the consideration.
#303  August 27, 2019, 12:34:00 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
guess i got a few more reasons to get back in tha swing of things then. nice grind here D-Dubz, i look forward to taking these updates on a stroll.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

DW

#304  November 11, 2019, 06:09:30 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
So, I now have my own subdomain at TM. I'll have to learn or acquire some help with making it look all fancy and whatnot, but for now, it serves it's purpose. This means my folder in the main TM has now been antiquated. JZ will probably get rid of it, IDK. You can now get all my stuff at: http://divinewolf.trinitymugen.net/chars/

Link will be in the OP as well. I have since updated Akuma, KFG, KFM, Sagat, and Skullo. Akuma's CS was extended and I changed his Messatsu Gouhadou back to it's real command. HCB x2 + P, as it was throwing me off when playing him, and I accidentally used the alternate CMD when applying the buffer to him. He also now has 2 custom made Midnight Bliss animations courtesy of @sabockee:

As for everything else, more so just miscellaneous tweaks, mainly with tightening up the timing with the buffer. This refers to the others mostly as well. I also added the still Winmugen compatible versions for these respective 5, now titled "DW[char name]". I didn't forget about you @Bad Mr. Basara: my brother. :) The only difference is that the "DW" versions don't have AI, which leaves them Win compatible. I will do this for all future AI additions to chars, so for those that still use Win, won't be stuck with obsolete versions. 

There's also something else I'll end up doing in the relative future. That'll be uploading a version of KFM using Mugen's default CMD stuff. I know a lot of people have used my KFM as a template, and others will continue to do so. The buffer system is advanced, and will throw newcomers off really hard. It's not beginner friendly, and I hadn't thought of that till recently. It's something you need some experience with coding before you try and delve into it. Also, while it is nice to have, I don't consider it mandatory in the least for anyone to use any type of buffering system. So, no need to make it harder on aspiring content creators. I'll get around to it within a week or so I suppose.
Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:12:37 pm by DW
#305  November 11, 2019, 08:21:07 pm
Thanks for the heads up and the updates Wolf.

Just to confirm all of the chars have had an update or two done to them ?

I rate the new CS

I also see that you changed Akuma's default pal I used the same one actually I preferre it over the regular cvs one.
Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:37:45 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#306  November 11, 2019, 08:59:02 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Just those 5 have updates. I will get around to tightening things up for everyone else too soon. It'll go a lot faster now too, because of the new domain and all. I actually hadn't noticed all the pals that Akuma had, until this extension. Big bro Infinite helped a lot with updating the pals and extending the CS, though he forgot the feet I believe in the pal updates. So, instead of bothering him any further, I did it myself.

I got to look at them all, and honestly never knew about that default pal Sabockee had made. Yeah, I like that pal a lot more than the CvS default one myself. I also tweaked pals 7-12 to show off the pal extensions. Like the above Cyborg Akuma by Ness you displayed there. I retained their default versions as well.
#307  November 11, 2019, 11:49:40 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

Not sure if you noticed, but you still have "1.0" on mugenversion listed on DWAkuma's def file. Since that version is supposed to be Winmugen compatible, I'm uncertain if that prevents the character to playable on it. Doesn't bother me as I personally use 1.0 and will work just fine on it, but thought I ask in case someone here does.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.

DW

#308  November 12, 2019, 03:18:31 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
It's fine. The version type in the def file doesn't prevent things from operating in specific versions. It's the internal coding used that defines that. Well, at least for Winmugen it doesn't really matter what you put there in the def file, as the version.
#309  November 12, 2019, 12:56:00 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I also added the still Winmugen compatible versions for these respective 5, now titled "DW[char name]". I didn't forget about you @Bad Mr. Basara: my brother. :) The only difference is that the "DW" versions don't have AI, which leaves them Win compatible. I will do this for all future AI additions to chars, so for those that still use Win, won't be stuck with obsolete versions. 
Thanks man :heart: really appreciated ;D loved the Akuma CS, bro, really awesome :D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#310  November 22, 2019, 07:19:51 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Kinda late here but I centered his Gorasen and Gosenpuu text for ya:

One issue, there was one point when I was testing his AI and he cheap KO'd me and he wouldn't do a winpose.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update

DW

#311  November 23, 2019, 03:43:38 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'll test to confirm. Sounds more like whoever you got chipped out with may have something like, indefinite time(-1) for the last frame of said state. Without a time stipulation to send them to their lie dead state, the match won't end until Mugen forces it to end. We'll see though.
#312  November 23, 2019, 11:05:15 pm
    • UK
Oh and seeing you're making your chars 1.0, will you be able to set specific win-quotes against certain characters?
WIP Schedule:

DW

#313  November 26, 2019, 06:32:38 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I'm not making my char 1.0. If I get someone to do AI for them, they will more than likely use AILevel as opposed to var. This makes them incompatible with Win, tho that's it. I'll retain their default versions and put them up as "DW[char name]". I'm not putting char specific winquotes. Doesn't matter to me.
#314  February 02, 2020, 11:38:17 pm
Sorry for the bump, however I knew about this bug for years but forgot about it.

Me and a couple pals of mine were having a blast playing and the issue happened and I finally decided to ask about it.

While it only happenes against your Robert I don't think its him thats having the issue.
I think its Victorys's Juggie, it only happens vs him.
https://streamable.com/5dq27
If possible could you shed some light on this DW ?
Is this some custom state shenanignas causing it ?

Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 11:55:20 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#315  February 02, 2020, 11:48:50 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I honestly have no clue what's causing that... o_O Ryuko Ranbu doesn't actually send p2 to a custom state. It just re-stands(forces them to the ground) them on the initial hit. Zetsu Ryuko is the one that custom states p2 through it's entirety. That's very interesting. Robert moves forward during the move, but the hits seem to be having a negative vel effect on Jugs. Pulling him towards Robert, instead of pushing him away. That has to be something with Jugs.

I don't have him, but I'll DL and give it a look over. If for no other reason, other than I'm genuinely curious.
#316  February 03, 2020, 12:13:15 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
I can confirm both that this happens with other characters than Jugs and even Robert. I have no idea what the case could be on either side, but I do remember this kind of thing happening with [I believe] Ahuron's Hwa Jai during his Dragon Kick super against various characters.

Edit: Same deal happens with Robert against Xslaught's Sentinel and Gladiacloud's E-123 Omega. I'd say the common factor is super armor, but I dont think Omega has standard super armor...
#317  February 03, 2020, 12:14:54 am
I remember testing this against my entire roster when I found it. (Yes im that  big of a nerd)
From what I remember it only happened against juggie.

Roster snippet.
Select def
Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 12:18:57 am by PeXXeR
#318  February 05, 2020, 07:38:58 pm
    • UK
Another bump, but is there plans to make your Morrigan vs Demitri Intro compatible with Jmm's Demitri?
WIP Schedule:

DW

#319  February 05, 2020, 09:57:28 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
No. That's a custom bond thing between Kojiro and myself. It's not so much the chars, rather it's the authors collaborating.

DW

#320  March 05, 2020, 04:53:41 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Yuka has been updated with AI made by Zzyzzyxx. Along with other miscellaneous stuff that's mostly inconsequential. A "DW" version of her is there as well that retains her compatibility with Win, though no AI.