YesNoOk

Debugging chars (Read 2235 times)

Started by DJMouF, November 20, 2019, 08:04:16 am
Share this topic:
Debugging chars
New #1  November 20, 2019, 08:04:16 am
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
Ok I'm not sure what it means when it says... ie: In state 1500: Has No Root...
Does anyone know what that means by any chance?
Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:52:30 am by DJMouF
Re: Debugging chars
#2  November 20, 2019, 08:11:18 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 You're using a root trigger in a non-helper basically.

Something like this...

trigger1 = root,movecontact

Is not valid if it's not within a helper's statedef since root triggers can only be used by helpers and helpers only. Same with with parent triggers.
#3  November 22, 2019, 01:34:21 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I'd suggest doing a search in every file of the character via using "root" as the search word until you can identify a stray root trigger in the wrong statedef. Process of search and elimination usually works since it's not feasible to remember every code 100%.
#4  November 22, 2019, 08:09:01 pm
    • USA
    • r.coburn08@yahoo.com
You're using a root trigger in a non-helper basically.

Something like this...

trigger1 = root,movecontact

Is not valid if it's not within a helper's statedef since root triggers can only be used by helpers and helpers only. Same with with parent triggers.
Ok I see what you're saying... "It's only valid in the helpers statedef", but It's still showing it has no root the debug though... even in the helpers statedef.

I'd suggest doing a search in every file of the character via using "root" as the search word until you can identify a stray root trigger in the wrong statedef. Process of search and elimination usually works since it's not feasible to remember every code 100%.

Yeah I see that would be best... I was looking and yeah the projectiles aren't the problem... its the physical attacks (Supers) that have the no root.