YesNoOk

CvS Link and CvS Juri Han UP!!! (Read 138580 times)

Started by chuchoryu, February 25, 2016, 12:23:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: CvS Link and CvS Anastasia!!!
#21  March 01, 2016, 12:01:41 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Alright, I've had enough of this shit.

Want Chuchoryu to improve? Ignore him. Watch how quickly he falls out of relevance once people stop replying to his shit. Maybe, just maybe, he'll realize how little people give a shit about his MUGEN-equivalent-of-shovelware creations when he sees how nobody is trying to improve his sixteenth-assed (not even half-assed, not even quarter-assed, not even eighth-assed, but sixteenth-assed) crap and get his shit in gear and actually do something about it.

Chuchoryu, you fucking suck and should either give up or improve. That's what everyone's wanted to tell you and that's what nobody has the balls to tell you directly, apparently.

I wouldn't be as annoyed, I wouldn't even be posting this if people didn't do this every goddamn time chuchoryu releases something expecting different results. Christ.

You and the others saying things like this are being assholes. I'm sorry, but it's true. He DOES improve things, that's why you have characters like Juri, Kazuya and Ogre in mugen. When was the last time you made sprites? People love talking about how they can code, but honestly there is nothing without sprites. Chuch likes releasing early alphas because PEOPLE LIKE HAVING THEM. If you don't, then that's fine, but why are you here? So you can say the same dumb shit everyone's said a million times before? If you're not giving actual feedback to help him, you're just being an ass. Without people like Chuch making sprites, mugen will forever just be Capcom vs SNK 2 over and over until finally people are sick of it. It was a fun game, yes, but it's the DC Comics, Marvel, Nintendo, Tekken, Final Fantasy, etc characters that make Mugen fun. If you all just want to play CVS forever, than you can do that. Buy the game, it's the best version there is.

You guys did the same thing to IMT, and now you guys must be really happy, they don't make anything anymore. A big win for you all. You can go and enjoy a game full of Terrys and Ryus. Both Chuch and the IMT guys would have welcomed actual coding help, meaning you help code their characters. But it's much easier to tell everyone how much they suck. Isn't there a new version of Rugal or Akuma you can go enjoy instead? They were in CvS 2!

At this point he's doing characters because people have asked him to. Who else does that?

By the way, Chuch, That Samus Varia suit sprite looks FANTASTIC.
Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:18:13 pm by rhiggatwat
#22  March 01, 2016, 01:22:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I'll second that chuchoryu does update his chars. The rate he pumps out characters is crazy fast. The quality matches it.
If you like the character, spend time tweaking what he's done with it. Complaining about quick releases just means you cant actually critique what's going on in his close beta character(s). Obviously the code isnt going to be the greatest, the art isnt immaculate, but it's good enough for mugen to run it. It's good enough for you to download and say, Chun Li's legs dont look so great there. Which is pretty much the only useful thing said in this thread.
The characters arent so terrible that Mugen would be better off without them. Far from it. Why knock something someone's spent time making for free? I dont go into chibi character's threads and bash them because the Naruto character comes up to Ryu's knee. It's just not the same breed of character YOU want. Oh well. Get over it.

chuchoryu, keep pumping out the characters. Make the characters how you want them man.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#23  March 01, 2016, 01:35:31 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Because we'll get pages of the same BS over and over and it neither improves him nor the environment of the forum. It just agitates those that wish to defend and those that "have had enough" more by turning the threads into a circus for absolutely no good reason.
Geez it's as if I can see the future!

Okay let's cut this discussion off here. We've had 2 people say how much he sucks and 2 go for his defense. Cycle complete and everything's balanced now.

I deleted the 2 posts that continued beating this dead horse after I said not to continue. I will simply delete them on sight from now on.
Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 03:18:42 pm by Just No Point
#24  March 01, 2016, 03:41:54 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Mine was not offensive. Look at WOW I'M AWESOME riggawhat's post about if JZilla has sprited something. What Rigga has done in mugen aside downloading?
I swear there was something cool here!!
#25  March 01, 2016, 03:47:38 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Dude, how is ANY of this relevant at all? Stop. This is ridiculous.

DW

#26  March 01, 2016, 04:17:20 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

What...? Most of the time when I see people post about stuff like this, they see it as an opportunity to vent about random shit. Stuff they needed to get off their chest and this just happens to be the hoop they can jump through. Let me say this: JZ is my dude, I got tons of love for him. However I do agree that his breakdown was kinda extreme. That's what happens though when someone constantly sees something and it keeps building and building I guess. Still, not everyone is going to hold your hand and tell you everything's gonna be okay. Whether the feedback is abrasive or not, it shouldn't discourage one from improving. I won't really go into the whole IMT thing, but I will say this-... You know what, nah, I'll let that horse die.

At any rate... Someone doesn't need to make something to critique it. So saying "when's the last time you made a sprite" falls pretty flat. One can see if something can be improved upon and feel it when using the creation in question. Having chars from different universes is great, I totally agree. Though I don't think it's being unreasonable to ask for quality behind it. If there is none, then what's the point? If anything it becomes just a placeholder. Or a wish that the creation was programed/sprited better. You shouldn't fall into that: "just because it hasn't been done before, it's great no matter what" mindset. In contrast, Chu doesn't HAVE to hold up to anyone's expectations either. It's just the way it is. The sooner everyone accepts that, the better off everyone will be. Though I'd say it's safe to assume that this is going to be a thing for quite some time. :P
#27  March 02, 2016, 10:34:00 am
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Mine was not offensive. Look at WOW I'M AWESOME riggawhat's post about if JZilla has sprited something. What Rigga has done in mugen aside downloading?

Ha. I'm an artist in real life, I wish I had the time to work on sprites more. I was actually praising people who make sprites, like yourself, but if you want to attack me that's cool. I still very much respect your talent, and I have absolutely nothing bad to say back to you. If you were around in the old Scruffy Dragon days, you might have seen some of my sprites, like the Composite Superman I was doing. Unfortunately I have lost most of my sprites since then, and it is just very time consuming to do it, and do it right. Hence why I respect those who do do it so much. Like yourself, who makes gorgeous sprites. I love your Rose. Like I said, I have nothing bad to say in response to you. All I will say, Felo, is that you never know who might release a character at some point. don't assume you know people because they posted in a thread.

And I wasn't attacking "Jzilla" as a person or as a creator. Just what he said here, in this thread. That's all.

DW, I agree with you. I agree that most of Chuch's stuff is lacking in quality. But then every so often, you get a Seth, which was only possible because of Chuch's hard work. I just think that people should remember that. That's all. I am definitely not saying "just because it hasn't been done before, it's great no matter what". Not at all. But sometimes it does lead to something great. I edited my own version Samus based on what Chuch did, and I really like it. Some of his problems are pretty easy to fix, and to make a working character out of, depending on how many sprites he did for said character.

A lot of people use his Delta Red Cammy that Varo_Hades fixed up, as well.
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:37:34 am by rhiggatwat

lui

This is fucking ridiculous
#28  March 02, 2016, 11:50:00 am
    • USA
yeah we get that, but does this have ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to add to the thread? no, none of the replies in this thread has had to do anything regarding chucho's OP, why? because of the cycle that starts with (warning, this is long and wordy, if ya dont like wordy things than just dont even click)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:02:27 pm by walruslui
#29  March 02, 2016, 12:00:45 pm
Just from seeing the video, Chuchoryu, you could have scaled Anastasia's legs when frankenspriting. Her body is too small to have those legs.
She's so disproportionated it hurts.

Also, stop making videos like that, in one minute there's only twenty seconds of characters, the rest is credits, intros and unneccessary stuff. Who needs that? It's a waste of time.

Again, Chuchoryu, don't label characters with CvS or CvtW if you don't know what they mean.
Talking about Anastasia, I can tell you it's neither of them (no CvS, no CvtW). You used DivineWolf's KFM as a base.
Stop calling them like that!

- There are no light, medium or strong versions of any special move;
- misaligned hitsparks; (change the sparkxy in the HitDef)
- her blue CLSNs are terrible in many animations;
- her D,B, kick might be more useful than her D,F, kick;
- her level one super takes out half your life; and it gives back power too.

There's much more, but I stop here.
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:23:16 pm by Sin-
#30  March 02, 2016, 12:16:41 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
-Insert Chucho cycle here-

I understand where you're going with this (you even put the long part in spoilers), but calm down. There's really no need to add more fuel to the fire. Just let it be.
#31  March 03, 2016, 06:29:33 pm
  • Emotionally and Mentally Exhausted
  • Heheh, so that's the deal!
    • USA
    • nigelbkny@gmail.com
    • Skype - nega_ridley75
Well the Link looks promising and you are starting to improve a bit. Although some feedback that some sprites look a bit off? You can do better although, keep trying the best you can. With people like you around, M.U.G.E.N wouldn't be limited and be like Capcom vs Snk and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum now we got Tekken, Nintendo, and all other 3D stuff into this game.

Good luck on Rashid btw!
Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:34:04 pm by XenoCard

lui

#32  March 04, 2016, 11:19:26 am
    • USA
okay, i have to admit, link's sprites are actually pretty decent edits compared to your past works chucho, nice job.
#33  March 04, 2016, 03:26:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Next person trying to set up offtopic is getting a warning banning.

Talk about the characters, the specific characters, not the author proficiency or lack of thereof.
#34  March 05, 2016, 05:20:28 am
    • Brazil
Why exactly does Link have projectile specials if none of them deal any damage?
#35  March 05, 2016, 06:00:31 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I've the doubt about Anastasia, since the video doesn't show a thing about her more than just basics. What kind of gameplay she has??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#36  March 05, 2016, 06:05:03 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Well, I should say.. Link sprites looks good. I've tested and checked and the edit looks very better than your old works.

The problem is, like I always said, the coding. But has some solutions for that.. One of these:

I hope you don't mind If I work on him, Chucho. I really like him and Link has good potential to being a VS Styled fighter :)

EDIT: Actually, I'm just asking for permission to fix the character gameplay, I hope I'm not derailing the subject of this thread
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#37  March 05, 2016, 07:49:15 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
You should PM him at MMV.
#38  March 05, 2016, 12:29:16 pm
#39  March 09, 2016, 11:30:33 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
...the sprites are CVS style...I think is it...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#40  March 09, 2016, 11:46:07 pm
No, not really.
Anastasia is B.Jenet (Garou: Mark of the Wolf) with CvS Chun Li legs. Link is edited from another Link which looks like an edit of Hayato (MvC2 sprites) and not CvS shaded.

Also, I was answering Basara's question about gameplay, if you were replying to that.