YesNoOk

Can't decide on a gameplay system for my fullgame. (Read 4656 times)

Started by QuickFist, September 02, 2019, 10:24:53 pm
Can't decide on a gameplay system for my fullgame.
#1  September 02, 2019, 10:24:53 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
So I'm working on a fullgame with my original characters, the thing is, I don't know how I should make the gameplay system. I've gone over 3 different systems now and none satisfy me, I need some ideas. I'd like to combine stuff from different games while also implementing the super power aspect of the OCs.
So I'd appreciate if the forum has some suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Can't decide on a gameplay system for my fullgame.
#2  September 03, 2019, 12:16:43 am
  • Sad, strange little man
  • "My God, jelly donuts are so scary."
    • USA
Give me examples of the ideas that you have.
Girls are now typing. Please wait warmly and have some tea until the signature is ready.

Go check out Team Sonic Fighters!
https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/team-sonic-fighters-188020.0.html
Re: Can't decide on a gameplay system for my fullgame.
#3  September 03, 2019, 12:30:25 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I wanna implement a sort of power button system akin to the injustice games. Since the characters are superheroes and have distinct super powers.
I was thinking on 3 buttons for attacks like DBFZ, UNIST and so on. But I want to make it more insteresting having Netherrealm-esque combos, the thing is I'm using existing character sprites until I learn how to make my own, so there are characters with many more moves than others. I'd like the system to be accesible but deep, and most of all, fun to play and watch. For the remaining two buttons, Right now I have wave dashing and dodge. But I could change that for something better. As for the special moves I can't decide wether to have them be DBFZ simple fireball motions for everything or direction+button, having a button dedicated to special moves. I was also playing Rivals of Aether and having Quick, Strong and Special attack buttons is fun, but I dunno if it would work for my game.

As you can see my head is full of stuff. It's the first time I make a fullgame and I'm using my own IP, so there's nothing to look for guidance.