YesNoOk

BlazBlue/SF2HD content ripper (Read 97328 times)

Started by tunglashor, February 18, 2010, 07:07:21 am
Share this topic:
Re: BlazBlue/SF2HD content ripper
#41  February 21, 2010, 01:39:28 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
New release: now with added Street Figher  :sugoi:

It now operates on SFIIT HD .dat files as well as BlazBlue .pac files.  I've got it to the point where I think it will correctly open all character sprites and portraits; let me know, though, if you find any that look wrong/won't open/cause crashes etc.

There are .dat files for all sorts of content - i.e. not all of the files contain sprite data.  The program should reject any it doesn't recognise - these might include various effects that use a different image format to the normal sprites.  Also I haven't tried it on stage images - something to look at later...  I haven't found any sign of animation data yet - if anyone spots any, let me know.  As for palettes - it looks as though each of the first few sprites for each character uses a different palette, so you should be able to extract these sprites and get the palettes that way.  Amongst the .dat files are some palette files, but these only apply to the portrait images.  The program should recognise these and allow you to open them, apply them, save them as .act files, etc as with BlazBlue palettes.

If you want the data files, see Freezeman's post here.  Once again - thanks FM  :2thumbsup:

I've also added tick info as requested: open a (BlazBlue) animation and use the slider to select a frame - the number of ticks for that frame should be shown in the status bar.  Hopefully that'll suffice.

Here's the download link.  As always, all feedback much appreciated.  Enjoy!
Wow, this is a great. I'm going to have a blast with these sprites.
Thanks for the release tunglashor.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#42  February 21, 2010, 05:04:11 pm
    • UK
Damn, there are only 1 stance sprite for all the characters. Is that all the available files or are there more getting ripped?
#43  February 21, 2010, 05:40:39 pm
    • dsarena.free.fr
Thanks for the nice tools.

Here are some suggestions:
- A drag and drop of *.dat and *.pac files would be great
- The software tends to freeze while performing some tasks, a multithreading with a marquee style progress bar should increase the responsiveness
#44  February 21, 2010, 05:58:32 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Damn, there are only 1 stance sprite for all the characters. Is that all the available files or are there more getting ripped?
Hmmm.. which characters in particular?  The files aren't named in a very helpful way so it can be hard to locate the required sprite.  For example, I found three frames of Ken's stance (I don't know how many there are supposed to be in total) in the following files:

083f8000.dat
083ff000.dat
08406000.dat

Edit:  Looked around a bit more - I think the stances are in there:

(very rough, but you get the idea!)

Thanks for the nice tools.

Here are some suggestions:
- A drag and drop of *.dat and *.pac files would be great

Yes!  Something I've wanted to add for a long time, but unfortunately the drag/drop functionality of the toolset I'm using doesn't seem to be implemented correctly.  I'll see if I can find a newer version and give it another try.

- The software tends to freeze while performing some tasks, a multithreading with a marquee style progress bar should increase the responsiveness

When does this happen?  It used to freeze while saving files, but I changed this in a recent version; on my machine at least, the window refreshes, is resizable etc, and the Cancel button is responsive while saving.  Does this not work for you?  Or is it freezing during some other operation?

Thanks for the feedback  :cool3:

(by the way, while looking through Ken's sprites just now I noticed a few of them seem to be upside down!  I'll see if I can figure out why...)
Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 07:06:30 pm by tunglashor
#45  February 21, 2010, 07:54:28 pm
    • UK
Oh I'll look more then. BTW Thanks for the tool.
#46  February 21, 2010, 09:26:04 pm
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
good job bro on this tool , u are amazing man  :ninja: looking forward to some updates or who knows .. maybe another tool ? ^_^
#47  February 22, 2010, 08:14:35 pm
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
Thanks, tunglashor.
Can't wait to start seeing SFIIHD sprite packs and chars.

Rey

#48  February 23, 2010, 05:07:47 pm
  • 昔、三割以上だった
There is also BlazBlue for PC, I guess you can rip content from there. O:

いらない
#49  February 23, 2010, 07:40:09 pm
Really amazing tool, congratulations! Anyone got a way to rip those ending images?
#50  February 24, 2010, 12:22:29 am
Is it possible to use this for ripping KOF XII content?
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#51  February 24, 2010, 11:48:35 am
There is also BlazBlue for PC, I guess you can rip content from there. O:

That's how I've gotten everything so far (which should be pretty obvious), but there's stuff I want that isn't in the Continuum Shift arcade version.
#52  February 24, 2010, 02:47:39 pm
There will be Calamity Trigger for PC next month :)

Rey

#53  February 24, 2010, 04:32:21 pm
  • 昔、三割以上だった
Yep. But requirements are awful.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

いらない
#54  February 24, 2010, 04:48:24 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Darn non-optimized-for-PC-ports. Bah, it'll always be better than playing the game emulated, but still... :P
#55  February 24, 2010, 10:00:00 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Those are pretty average specs, however wtf the filesize.
#56  February 25, 2010, 09:14:23 am
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
Yep. But requirements are awful.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

i better play the arcade hack  :pwnonk:
#57  February 25, 2010, 10:27:53 am
That´s a very usefull tool, even though I don´t know how much games it support. Did you tried to do a program which works for PSX games as well? There are lots of stuff which we can´t do with PSIcture and I always wished a flawless ripping tool so I could rip animations from Super Tokusatsu Taisen.
#58  February 25, 2010, 01:35:10 pm
That´s a very usefull tool, even though I don´t know how much games it support. Did you tried to do a program which works for PSX games as well? There are lots of stuff which we can´t do with PSIcture and I always wished a flawless ripping tool so I could rip animations from Super Tokusatsu Taisen.

In a thread named "BlazBlue/SF2HD content ripper" you ask what games the program supports... what the hell, sir?
#59  February 25, 2010, 04:16:29 pm

In a thread named "BlazBlue/SF2HD content ripper" you ask what games the program supports... what the hell, sir?
Sorry about the lack of attention, but I saw something which doesn´t seemed to fit with Super Street Fighter HD Remix.
#60  February 27, 2010, 09:35:26 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
To all the people saying thank you - you're very welcome  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the comments.

Is it possible to use this for ripping KOF XII content?

Not at present, but if someone wants to send me some data files I'd be happy to take a look.

Never really considered trying to extract data from a PS1 game.  Maybe there are some tools out there for extracting the data files from a playstation disc image, in which case it might be possible to read sprites etc, but to be honest I don't know.

That's how I've gotten everything so far (which should be pretty obvious), but there's stuff I want that isn't in the Continuum Shift arcade version.

So here's a new release, which should be able to cope with pac files from the xbox version  :sugoi:
Note - I only had a couple of sample pac files to work from, and none of these contained paletted sprites, so I don't know what will happen if you try to open these.  If it doesn't work, let me have a copy of the problematic file and I'll make the necessary corrections.

Download here - let me know if any problems/comments.