YesNoOk

complex hyper. Move camera up and down... to see different scene (Read 2544 times)

Started by daraku, January 21, 2018, 03:19:22 pm
Share this topic:
complex hyper. Move camera up and down... to see different scene
#1  January 21, 2018, 03:19:22 pm
I WOULD CREATE A COMPLEX MOVES where there are 2 different scene: 1st scene in the sky with AIRCRAFT and 2nd scene on the ground WITH PLAYER 2. THE MOVE WILL BE PERFORMED IN THIS WAY:

1) p1 go up....and disappear and call one aircraft, camera will move up and stay up: in this state you will see only the aircraft in scale.

2) Aircraft arrive and spawn missile, camera will stay up until missile will reach the lower edge of the screen

3) Missile fall down...and reach the player 2...when these missile are finished, the camera will move up again to show the AIRCRAFT AGAIN.

4) THE AIRCRAFT SPAWNS BOMBS THAT FALL DOWN. Camera will stay up until bombs will reach the lower edge of the screen. At this point bombs fall down and reach the player2.

5) When all bombs are destroyed, player 1 go down with parachute
AND THE MOVE IS FINISHED!

the 1 and 5 Point are easy. I've already coded.

Code:
[Statedef 3204]
type    = A
movetype= A
physics = N

[State 0, ScreenBound]
type = ScreenBound
trigger1 = time >= 50
value = 0
movecamera = 0,0

[State 0, ChangeAnim]
type = ChangeAnim
trigger1 =  !time
value = 9999

[State 0, ChangeState]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = helper(3201), time >= 280  && helper(3201), backedgedist >= 849
value = 3202
ctrl = 0

Until here is correct. Now i should move up again the camera.

Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:06:21 pm by daraku
Re: complex hyper. Move camera up and down... to see different scene
#2  January 23, 2018, 10:12:26 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
This is pretty complex. What we need to know is if you plan to have the stage in the background. Some stages dont go up at all. The Hyper move wont look or work so great on those stages.
If you hide the stage with a custom background it will be easier. Use layers with P1SprPriority and P2SprPriority. Also use
[State 0, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 =1
flag = noshadow
so helpers look like they are in the air. Then when the missile comes down you give it a shadow.

Parts 2 and 4 will be coded very similarly. You could copy and paste and change the animations and sounds. Then have changestates that switch to the states you need.

The aircraft can be a helper that spawns explods or another helper for the missiles when it reaches the middle of the stage. It could be on a timer or location.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  January 23, 2018, 12:31:27 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Don't forget that you must place P2 in a custom state during the whole cinematic move. Once P2 is in a custom state, you can position both characters offscreen and onscreen at anytime to suit your needs
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#4  January 23, 2018, 07:09:33 pm
This is pretty complex. What we need to know is if you plan to have the stage in the background. Some stages dont go up at all. The Hyper move wont look or work so great on those stages.
If you hide the stage with a custom background it will be easier. Use layers with P1SprPriority and P2SprPriority. Also use
[State 0, AssertSpecial]
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 =1
flag = noshadow
so helpers look like they are in the air. Then when the missile comes down you give it a shadow.

Parts 2 and 4 will be coded very similarly. You could copy and paste and change the animations and sounds. Then have changestates that switch to the states you need.

The aircraft can be a helper that spawns explods or another helper for the missiles when it reaches the middle of the stage. It could be on a timer or location.

Im using an helper for Aircraft...that spawns missile, and with the player invisible i'll move the camera up and down. My problem maybe will be the player2...that i don't wanna put in a custom state soon. So the player2 will move the camera...right?
Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:24:37 pm by daraku
#5  January 23, 2018, 10:36:15 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
What ODB is saying, is SOME stages do not permit camera movement at all.

So it may be better for you to make the "Sky" background and Aircraft appear on top of everything, then switch off, switch back on, etc - to make it look like it is above the stage.