YesNoOk

M.U.G.E.N Crashing Without Error (Read 4179 times)

Started by PlasmoidThunder, August 14, 2017, 05:14:15 pm
Share this topic:
M.U.G.E.N Crashing Without Error
#1  August 14, 2017, 05:14:15 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
So I added Mr. Ansatsuken's Dudley to my roster the other day and was disappointed to find that it keeps crashing MUGEN without any sort of error message (even mugen.log has nothing pertaining to why it crashes). The crash happens more frequently in 1.1 than 1.0, and while it does happen in regular 1v1, it always happens within the first few moments of a simuls match. This issue seems to have been carried over from Buckus' version, as it gave me the same results.

Has anyone else experienced this, even if it's with a different character?

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
Re: M.U.G.E.N Crashing Without Error
#2  August 15, 2017, 12:54:40 am
  • AfroSamurai
  • Nothing personal. It’s just revenge.
    • Germany
i got this frequently when i use chars or stages (or even both at the same time) that uses a lot of RAM.
guess this is when the potatoe gets hot -_-
#3  August 15, 2017, 03:48:07 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
I'm very certain it's not a RAM issue, especially since I've got far bigger characters/stages that don't crash MUGEN.

#4  August 15, 2017, 07:23:39 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Either way, Mugen is a 32 bit program, thus it has a 2GB Memory Limit. If it exceeds that its going to crash. It might not be a memory issue at all, but i would keep an eye on your Mugen's RAM usage. Even if you aren't using a heavy character/stage, just loading up mugen with a large amount of characters/stages will cause an increase in memory usage.

If it exceeds 2GB, i would recommend using the 4GB Patcher. I patch all my mugen.exe's with the 4GB patcher as a standard for all mugens i ever use. And i have around 15 mugens.

But, it would help if maybe you linked the particular character your referring to so we can test it out for ourselves.
#5  August 15, 2017, 08:50:46 am
its a char issue,grab, Kame's Dudley.
I have never had crashes with Buckus's version though.
As is the chars have a LOT of debug flood, I advice not using them until MR.A takes care of that.
He said that he will so its no biggie.
Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:58:09 am by PeXXeR
#6  August 15, 2017, 05:07:17 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
I never thought to check the debug; turns out it was being flooded with numpartner errors located in the cmd.
It hasn't crashed yet, so thanks for that.