YesNoOk

Marvel Avengers Alliance to shutdown by end of September 2016 (Read 43779 times)

Started by rgveda99, September 01, 2016, 05:37:50 pm
Share this topic:
Marvel Avengers Alliance to shutdown by end of September 2016
#1  September 01, 2016, 05:37:50 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
Re: Marvel Avengers Alliance to shutdown by end of September 2016
#2  September 01, 2016, 05:45:10 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Well, that's Disney for you, Infinity and now Avengers Alliance.
#3  September 01, 2016, 07:12:05 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Those were something good coming out of Marvel and Disney does this. We have to boycott them. No more supporting this corporation until they get their act together.
#4  September 01, 2016, 07:16:10 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Yeah good luck with that.
#5  September 01, 2016, 07:34:52 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Those were something good coming out of Marvel and Disney does this. We have to boycott them. No more supporting this corporation until they get their act together.

Yeah, I don't think that will work. Don't get me wrong, I love those games but not like that. Any freemium game I use money for is for small things only. That way I don't get mad about spending money on it.
#6  September 01, 2016, 07:53:27 pm
    • Argentina
if it is a real shame, the game had much more to offer
I started to play on the first anniversary of the game. I'm level 300+ I have all the heroes (I only need to finish the special operation) and say goodbye to the game :(
the only positive is that there is a lot of material that can be used for mugen
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#7  September 02, 2016, 01:10:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Aside from the fact that it's ridiculous to try and boycott one of the biggest and well known corporations in the world, I'm not allowed to talk bad about Disney due to....erm....family obligations.

SNT

#8  September 03, 2016, 01:26:00 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Game's been dead to me ever since Playdom shut down their servers and wiped my game.
#9  September 03, 2016, 02:13:36 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Game's been dead to me ever since Playdom shut down their servers and wiped my game.

Same, I had very nice heroes on Playdom. I never got to play properly on FB due to bad internet and the fact that FB has a lot of shit going on at the same time, which makes the game run extremely slow and laggy for people in my situation, plus, you could win some CP easily on Playdom with the teams game.
Still, a shame, loved this game

#10  September 03, 2016, 12:33:38 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Does this decision to shut it down have something to do with Pokemon GO?

I'm not sure if this is somehow related but the arcade scene in a mall I go to where there are regular MVC2 and Tekken players seem to have dwindled. I'm thinking a lot of gamers have shifted to Pokemon GO. Made me think a lot of facebook and mobile gamers also moved on to the new app.
sailormoongalaxy said:
#11  September 04, 2016, 02:42:13 am
  • For the Murder!
that was a low blow... I'm lvl 300+ with all the heroes and Adamantium league for the past 20 pvp seasons..
Since I got the notice I went shopping spree buying all the premium items since it doesn't matter anymore :p

It was kinda lampshaded before, eversince all the mayor villians joining your side, even those recently released. and the very rushed release of the chapter 12 with huge gold rewards
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:46:59 am by Duke of Corvus
#12  September 04, 2016, 05:04:52 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA

I'm not sure if this is somehow related but the arcade scene in a mall I go to where there are regular MVC2 and Tekken players seem to have dwindled. I'm thinking a lot of gamers have shifted to Pokemon GO. Made me think a lot of facebook and mobile gamers also moved on to the new app.
I don't think Pokemon Go has anything to do with either of those things. Ignoring that Pokemon Go has lost roughly half of its playerbase since launch, arcades have been in a sharp decline since home consoles became more mainstream (not to mention MvC2 is fucking old).

It'd be like me blaming Pokemon Go for the decreasing amount of Dance Dance Revolution fans here.
#13  September 04, 2016, 05:49:43 am
i played this game for three days back then and gave up on it because it relied way too much on timed shit and asking 300 of your friends to do things. fuck you
#14  September 07, 2016, 04:11:25 pm
    • Philippines

Only in a sense that they are shutting MAA down because it's not that popular anymore. MAA is Playdom's sole game that hasn't bombed and whales will only make them so much money
#15  September 07, 2016, 05:39:54 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Sounds like someone needs to archive what they can from this game;

Can't let it go to waste...
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#16  August 22, 2017, 12:30:03 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Looks like someone's planning to revive this. It's going to be offline.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiverseSaviors/comments/6sgtqy/saviors_of_the_multiverse_reassembling_soon/

1) The game will be offline and it will be released on Thanksgiving or Christmas this year @gaminglifebeginner probably he will give us a link to download with various updates which will come soon to download like example v1.0 will be released first then after a while he will release v1.1 etc with some updates. 2)All specs ops will be present and its not going to be timely event. all specs ops heroes will be there in game. 3)PVP characters will be there like for 200 cp . And there is going to be rebalance in the cps for example dr strange will be for 90 cps etc.The pvp will come with an update after release with fake ai players as it is an offline game.Soon maybe pvp with local players MIGHT be possible. 4)Season 3 i am not sure sorry.... @gaminglifebeginner didn't give much information on that. 5)All items , supplies, heroes already released before shutting will be there like the supplies such as snowballs, chocolate bunnies, chrono boost, chrono-accelerator will be in the shop 6)I asked that question myself in the MAA Game improvement Survey and there was no answer to it as off yet. I think he needs artists to design the new hero models and uniforms if he wants to add new characters/heroes to the game.If done it will come in future updates. 6)It won't copyrighted this is major reason for the game being offline . He is not going to earn any sort of profit from the game.So the game won't be the usual "pay to win" where you would have to pay to actually progress.Its going to be "free to play" and everything can be farmed.And we cant buy gold (dude its offline). Hope i answered all your queries. :)
sailormoongalaxy said:
#17  August 22, 2017, 05:28:57 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Since this amazing individual isn't affiliated with Marvel Entertainment, this is a wise move. Hopefully, trouble won;t follow close behind.
#18  August 22, 2017, 06:21:04 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
YEEEEESSSS

#19  August 22, 2017, 08:43:51 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
That's not really relevant to his point.

Arcades have been dying in everywhere (Except maybe outside of Asia).
Whether an arcade game's sequels are bad or not, that's not going to prevent an arcade's player base from decreasing in this day and age where people would rather play games at their home.
#20  August 23, 2017, 04:21:11 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Yup. Arcades are pretty much alive in Southeast Asia.

Tekken is still popular. Hoping that DBFZ or MVCI would change that.

Even the Just Dance arcade machines have disappeared. Though I'm just basing it on my observation on a popular arcade business called Timezone here as other arcade franchises still invest in them like Denki or Tom's World. Just Dance community wasn't as active as before. Gamers in my country are still addicted to either Pokemon Go or Mobile Legends.

sailormoongalaxy said: