YesNoOk

entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 1324394 times)

Started by Titiln, June 18, 2011, 03:16:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#4341  July 20, 2018, 01:04:56 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
That's cool, also it can work in video game as well.
#4342  July 21, 2018, 05:05:22 pm
    • Germany
I don't know if I should post this, but oh well

Yes you should, but you forgot to post this one, it's time for the RYU RANGER. Ö_Ö

Postet that because it is related to the other post.^^
#4343  July 31, 2018, 08:26:53 pm
Venom trailer 2 from Comic-con came out

Owww that's quite a leap, looks like the CGs are almost done this time and it's just about fine (still a bit too liquid but okay). We get Riot, I assume Scream (or maybe there are 3 people who become Riot), and you can expect Carnage too (at least in the sequel hook). Tom Hardy is doing rather well as a loser bum.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 08:31:32 pm by Byakko
#4344  July 31, 2018, 09:01:00 pm
oh my god that american accent of his is painful to listen to.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#4345  July 31, 2018, 11:35:06 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So the Teen Titans Go movie is out now, and while I have no strong opinions one way or the other about that show, I have to say that the post-credits scene is nothing short of wonderful.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#4346  August 01, 2018, 12:05:32 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 12:20:59 am by R565
#4347  August 01, 2018, 01:09:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Frankly, after the numerous jabs they take at fans of the old show after showing an inch of promise?  I don't buy it.  Not until it's out and on air.  Sorry, guys.  I know Tara Strong has been teasing about this scene prior to this movie's release as well, but I also know she's been untrustworthy before as well.

I want to believe, but history has told me to wait and see.
#4348  August 01, 2018, 02:31:13 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
The only thing I have left for Teen Titans is hope that they come back big.
#4349  August 01, 2018, 04:54:19 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
yo

Teen Titans sucked even back in 2003. Hopefully the comeback will make people take off the nostalgia goggles.
#4350  August 01, 2018, 06:03:57 am
    • USA
...Not gonna explain why?  I mean, it was the outcast compared to the rest of the DCAU going on, but it also had a great Deathstroke with the use of Slade being a mentor to Robin, great showings from each team member, easily the best Starfire just by virtue of comic Starfire sucks, also easily the most popular Raven, it had a nice blend of comedy episodes followed by serious dramatic ones.

I mean, I haven't seen it since last year myself, when it did show on t.v. again for some time, as well as the Tokyo movie, but it sure as hell held up alongside the likes of the rest of the animated D.C. shows prior.  And I often like to revisit BTAS gold like Heart of Ice.

I mean, any show that involves Deathstroke going to Hell and killing Death for his immortal soul back inherently can't be all bad.
Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:15:51 am by Long John Killer
#4351  August 01, 2018, 03:14:57 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I agree. Been watching it again recently with my kid and it’s still holding up well. It’s such a fun show. With a variety of range
#4352  August 01, 2018, 03:39:35 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I've heard that if the TTG movie did well enough, then they'd revive the show. Well, that scene alone would probably do the job considering how many fans of the original there are.

I will say this: as much of how TTG is considerably panned, and CN shows it off as much as Nickelodeon shows off Spongebob, some of it is okay. Not all great, at the very least they got  the original voice cast back, and hell, even they can poke fun at themselves. Not all gems, but hey, anything to get the original back, right?

Still love the original, but it's just my opinion.
#4353  August 01, 2018, 04:23:27 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I think so too, because the musical episodes are golden. I like some episodes more than others and if the voice cast are having fun with it, then I don't see anything wrong with a little harmless fun.
#4354  August 02, 2018, 05:32:48 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
speaking of TTG was this posted before?

I didnt know they broke the 4th wall like that
#4355  August 11, 2018, 03:09:04 am
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Ralph Breaks the Internet sneak peek!!!
Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:21:00 am by RoySquadRocks
#4356  August 19, 2018, 10:20:38 am
    • Germany
The Trailer for the next Starwars Animates Series is out, and people realy hate it.

After Clone Wars and Rebels... this looks realy cheap. =/
#4357  August 19, 2018, 04:46:35 pm
    • USA
Really?  I mean, it's not my thing but after The Clone Wars and Rebels both having very stilted looking animation with blocky faces and body proportions and very slow movement all around, trying to be grounded with their animation, this taking more visual queues from the Netflix Voltron reboot at least looks more visually entertaining.  If not personally very interesting in whatever is going on here in the new trilogy's timeline.  Eh, not going to catch it regardless, but it is nice they're at least trying something different.

I do miss when Tartakovsky was in charge of the animation department for Star Wars, though, this is what I'd like to see return.

Though now that I think of it, if they wanted to copy Voltron and paste it over Star Wars, might as well gone the full way through and go completely anime.  Because if it turned out like this I would be down for it.

But then, I never was a fan of 3D anime to begin with.
Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:16:36 pm by Long John Killer
#4358  September 06, 2018, 06:13:44 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
https://screenrant.com/michael-bay-thundercats-movie-netflix

IGN Middle East is reporting that Six Underground is actually a ThunderCats movie directed by Bay and starring Reynolds that will release on Netflix. According to a source close to the production - which is reportedly set to film in Abu Dhabi, UAE in November - the movie is an adaptation of the beloved property and the title Six Underground, along with the revealed premise, are meant to avoid leaks about this secretive project. Nothing else about the movie was revealed, including which characters each of the actors is playing or any plot details.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#4359  September 06, 2018, 05:34:56 pm
    • USA
Ok then.  Two things.  One, why is this a thing?  Taking a series that's just fine in the middle and splitting it in to complete opposite directions.  Teen Titans got TTG for kiddy entertainment on t.v. and Titans for gritty streaming.  Now ThunderCats has an eerily similar case with ThunderCats Go and this?  Yes, Bay's movie is likely not going to be as bad as that, but you've all seen Transformers, it's not exactly sunshine and rainbows either.

...Though speaking of which, when's the Care Bears splitting reboot?  With the Don't Care Bears and their Care Bear Death Stare?

Two, I can't see Reynolds playing Lion-O.  The face, his physique, his voice, none of it matches or is even close.  CGI only goes so far to fix the issue.  Unless their new version is closer to the teen still in training from 2011.  Which given Bay's history on how radically different the Transformers and the TMNT turned out from their original form, I suppose that's not impossible, if not preferable.  I enjoyed 2011's reboot a lot, but if you're bringing back the series, I would imagine most would be looking for something new based on the original show, not that.
#4360  September 20, 2018, 02:54:12 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Ralph Breaks the Internet gets another trailer!