YesNoOk

Koldskool's Edits (updated 10-28-2019) (Read 259549 times)

Started by Koldskool, May 22, 2012, 02:50:01 am
Share this topic:
Re: Koldskool's Edits (updated 7-14-2018)
#421  July 21, 2018, 04:35:06 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Thanks for the update of Raptor. Here's my demonstration of Lucy. :)
*video link omitted*

Yep, i did some small changes on her, specially adding proper POTS Style SFX. :P

An excellent demonstration. Did you change anything besides the SFX? Because I may use this in an update someday.

I'm not currently planning to update any of my older stuff. I'm working on new stuff.

I'm also a filthy, dirty, liar. Because Angel has been updated. Get her in the first post.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

My next new edit will be Sonia from Rage of the Dragons (RYO2005's version), as a companion to my Jimmy.
I'm going to be honest, I don't have nearly as much free time as I did 5 years ago. So, new releases may take a very long time. I must humbly ask that you all be patient with me. Small updates to older edits like the ones for Raptor and Angel may happen before Sonia gets released.

Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:08:21 pm by Koldskool

DW

Re: Koldskool's Edits (updated 7-16-2018)
#422  July 21, 2018, 10:49:10 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I don't work fast, though if you give me the finalized SFF that you're gonna use for Sonia, I'll CS her. I had planned on doing it anyway cuz she smexy.
Re: Koldskool's Edits (updated 7-21-2018)
#423  July 22, 2018, 09:33:18 am
    • USA
I don't work fast, though if you give me the finalized SFF that you're gonna use for Sonia, I'll CS her. I had planned on doing it anyway cuz she smexy.

Will do. Just give me time to remove the old sparks and effects from the .sff and I'll be sending it your way.

Check your PM. Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:56:30 am by Koldskool
#424  July 26, 2018, 11:15:36 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
An excellent demonstration. Did you change anything besides the SFX? Because I may use this in an update someday.

Thanks Kold. :)
Just some fixes on the animations, not big deal. :P
#425  August 02, 2018, 11:40:08 pm
    • USA
DivineWolf has finished color separating Sonia's sprites and I have to say, he did an excellent job. Here's a small sample of what to expect:

I won't be doing a palette template because I'm a lazy bitch focusing on finishing her coding. If all goes well, KoldSonia will be released soon. Once she's released, all you amazing palette gurus can go nuts.
#426  August 03, 2018, 02:16:17 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Wow, you guys really caught up my interest on Sonia now.

Keep rocking! This is really cool! :bjugoi:
Re: Koldskool's Edits (updated 8-3-2018)
#427  August 03, 2018, 08:26:59 pm
    • USA
Sonia released get her in the first post.

What's been changed from/added to RYO2005's origin version:
#428  August 04, 2018, 09:07:27 am
    • USA
Wow you are on fire Koldskool. I'm glad your back on your KoldSkool edits.
#429  August 07, 2018, 03:09:38 pm
Thk you so much for your hard work.

do you plan to do all the rage of the dragons characters your style?
If so i will wait for that .
i'm fan thx for now waiting for more.

:smitten:

:thumbsup:

#430  August 07, 2018, 04:41:38 pm
    • USA

I don't know about doing the ENTIRE RotD roster. But, I do plan on doing at least a few more. I've also got my sights set on a couple of Power Instinct: Matrimelee characters.
#431  August 08, 2018, 10:59:18 pm
    • Canada

I don't know about doing the ENTIRE RotD roster. But, I do plan on doing at least a few more. I've also got my sights set on a couple of Power Instinct: Matrimelee characters.

Oooooh this makes me happy. Noise Factory never gets enough love. I'd love to see more pim/rotd characters in this style. Sonia, and everything else you've released so far is great.
#432  August 09, 2018, 11:56:07 pm
Will wait with great expectation for some more rotd chars.

Thx so much for your time your efforts.

good job.
Re: Koldskool's Edits (updated 8-9-2018)
#433  August 10, 2018, 06:22:42 am
    • USA
A very small update for Sonia. (So small that I didn't even list it in the readme.) MK Snake Hold's knife will no longer disappear prematurely on stages with zoom. Get it in the first post.

Oooooh this makes me happy. Noise Factory never gets enough love. I'd love to see more pim/rotd characters in this style. Sonia, and everything else you've released so far is great.
Will wait with great expectation for some more rotd chars.

Thx so much for your time your efforts.

good job.

Thanks for the kind words. I agree that PIM and RotD don't get enough love. Which is why I want to do more of those characters. As for which ones, I'm currently planning to do (in no particular order) Billy, Lynn, Keith, and Olof. With the possibly of even more. I just love the character designs.
#434  August 10, 2018, 09:48:02 am
    • USA
I'll be setting my eyes on Lynn, Keith & Billy. Dude, your Conversions are awesome. Say, is there a possibility to add EX Moves to your characters? Just wondering tho.

Also the fact that your doing PIM Chars, will you be doing the PS2 Exclusives chars like Angela Belti?
#435  August 10, 2018, 10:57:46 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Finally ROTD characters will get some love. Hopefuly Pepe is somewhere on your schedule too.
#436  August 10, 2018, 09:33:36 pm
    • USA
I'll be setting my eyes on Lynn, Keith & Billy. Dude, your Conversions are awesome. Say, is there a possibility to add EX Moves to your characters? Just wondering tho.

Also the fact that your doing PIM Chars, will you be doing the PS2 Exclusives chars like Angela Belti?

I don't do EX moves and most likely never will. I've never been a fan of them. I even disable them for PotS style characters in my personal roster.

As for the possibilities of other PIM/RotD characters aside from the ones I mentioned, I'm not yet sure. I currently have enough WIPs to keep me busy for months. So, we'll see.
#437  August 11, 2018, 09:19:21 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
May I suggest recoding Jimmy's projectiles as helpers?I feel like it would feel better
#438  August 12, 2018, 05:43:30 am
    • USA
May I suggest recoding Jimmy's projectiles as helpers? I feel like it would feel better

It's on the to-do list along with some other adjustments to him, but not currently a priority.

Unfortunately, I'm not far enough along in any of my current WIPs to announce who will be next. The last thing I want to do is announce someone and then disappoint everyone by never releasing them. To give you an idea of my time frame, I worked on Sonia for nearly two weeks before I even announced her.

DW

#439  August 13, 2018, 04:51:18 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I think Lynn was CS'd? By a user name SageHarpuia(sp?). IDK if he actually finished it, or if it was just the initial concept. I believe he commissioned some edits for her too and Sean was using her in his CvtW game. You could try and get a hold of either of them and ask. If you have plans for Cassandra, I may be willing to CS her. I'd have to look her over to see what's good. Though I suppose it can be as good as Sonia's CS. Her "belt" dress design is cool, though IDK how the CS will go. I ain't bout to go overboard like Girard or Drex that's for sure. :P

EDIT:

Yeah, Sage did finish Lynn:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sages-color-separation-release-thread-159571.0.html
Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:07:55 pm by DivineWolf
#440  August 15, 2018, 08:41:01 pm
    • USA
I think Lynn was CS'd? By a user name SageHarpuia(sp?). IDK if he actually finished it, or if it was just the initial concept. I believe he commissioned some edits for her too and Sean was using her in his CvtW game. You could try and get a hold of either of them and ask. If you have plans for Cassandra, I may be willing to CS her. I'd have to look her over to see what's good. Though I suppose it can be as good as Sonia's CS. Her "belt" dress design is cool, though IDK how the CS will go. I ain't bout to go overboard like Girard or Drex that's for sure. :P

EDIT:

Yeah, Sage did finish Lynn:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/sages-color-separation-release-thread-159571.0.html

I actually already snatched up that Lynn CS and I'm definitely using it.

I've not done any work on Cassandra, but if you decide to CS her, I'll absolutely move her up on the priorities list. I'll be going off of RYO2005's version, since he uses a similar coding style across all of his RotD characters that makes it easy for me to edit them into "Kold Style". So, if you CS that version, I can take over from there.

It looks like my current focus is on Lynn (since she's the one with the most work done). But I'm not certain when she'll get released since my free time is currently being split between working on her and playing Overwatch (grinding them Summer Games lootboxes and trying to get back into Platinum).