YesNoOk

Chameleon Project (Read 31184 times)

Started by Rent, July 29, 2014, 01:22:33 pm
Share this topic:
Chameleon Project
#1  July 29, 2014, 01:22:33 pm
  • GEE GEE
Hello! This version of chameleon is a multi-character which can transform to other fully functional characters. Recently I've added some functionality, fatalities and passive abilities

FEATURES
  • One Attack Button System
  • Projectile Combination
  • Stand on Ice Clones
  • Transform into other fighters (hold down at the start of the match to open a select screen).
  • Dynamic Specials & Fatalities

MOVELIST
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
wat.
Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:29:48 am by Rent
Re: Darkside Chameleon
#2  July 29, 2014, 01:33:25 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
This project looks very interesting!

I haven't really seen another character made to do thes projectiles.
#3  July 29, 2014, 03:58:30 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Wow, this character looks pretty good. Good luck, man.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4  July 29, 2014, 09:16:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
this is great, man...
continue, please
good luck
#5  July 29, 2014, 09:49:03 pm
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
Woah. The amount of variables you must have used is crazy!
But on a serious note this looks amazing, loving what you've done with the projectiles.
I've been waiting for someone to create a Chameleon or Akuma taking inspiration from the MK vs SF 3 flash!

I'm hyped.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#6  July 29, 2014, 10:22:44 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
I hope he a bigger Side to play better in mugen
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#7  July 29, 2014, 10:35:44 pm
  • It's time to fly...
    • USA
    • Skype - suburban-gamer
This could potentially be one of the most epic releases in years. Possibly since Dragon Claw...    one question I have though: How big with the sprite look against normal sized chars?

Keep up the brilliant work. Can;t wait for final release!!

-Squall

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. - Henry Ford
#8  July 30, 2014, 12:37:44 am
  • GEE GEE
haha thanks for the support! ya the character is currently halfsized because 1.1 wasn't released when I started the project. I play  1.0 mugen with halfsized characters so they don't take up 60% of the screen. also it's very hard to code platforming with a large character.

Chameleon uses a custom hitbox technique so helpers can detect when another helper is near them and function differently. Unfortunately, these don't scale with character scaling. for that reason, scaling is going to be a bit of a nightmare. But ya, for the final release, you can expect him to scale correctly with the simple change of the xscale and yscale at the start of the cns.

ya lol variables were huge issue at the start of the project, so I used helper variables and the presence of helpers as triggers. I could release this prototype now for testing, but i'd probably get feedback that's probably already on my huge list of things to solve. But if you guys wanna tryout the prototype, let me know
wat.
#9  July 30, 2014, 01:23:06 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
This is just the most crazy thing I've seen since... The video of what mugen SHOULD be, the epic fight of Ryu vs Scorpion.
You've given me this feeling again with a live video, you can be proud of you, Rent.

You're doing something VERY special here. Congratulations, and good luck!
#10  July 30, 2014, 01:42:42 am
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
I'd definitely be down to try out the prototype, this looks extremely awesome and incredibly creative.
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#11  July 30, 2014, 01:56:03 am
  • Old works Web Down here ¥
    • Puerto Rico
    • http://dragolink1.webs.com/
Im following this proyect... looks very great!... Keep It up!
#12  July 31, 2014, 01:12:18 pm
  • GEE GEE
Okay so, the prototype is up, I want feedback on my design.

http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/48814966/file.html

Plus I just want to point out a few things:

WARNING

• This character is currently being developed in Mugen 1.0, there may be unforseen bugs when played in any other version. there may be bugs
  • Character is half-sized so platforming (ie. standing on ice clones) can be tested --> will make it sizable for the beta release
  • darkside chameleon combo system is being worked on, right now, 1 attack command will result in 5 extra hits, this will be reduced to 1 attack
  • command yeilding only 2-3 extra hits (like in elemental chameleon)
  • Transforms are incomplete working on spriting attacks (MAJJJJOR HEADACHE BLAH)
  • many moves deal no damage where they should

Design Feature: Auto combos
Auto combos are a new type of combo that is condition based, instead of hit-based. there are only 2 auto combos right now. try this:

Design Feature: Combination projectiles OP????
well yes and no, it may seem that combination projectiles are overwhelming, but in a real game, it's very unlikely you'll get a chance to combine ...

Design Feature: EwW, Why is there only 1 attack button?
Why are there 6? Do we really NEED that many buttons? isn't it frustrating when you find a mugen character with no movelist, and you have to go...

okie dokie, excited to hear your opinions! please advise.

Movelist
wat.
#13  July 31, 2014, 08:47:51 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Wow.! amazing your char, never give up to remake these characthers, they really need a new style like this one.
#14  July 31, 2014, 08:59:58 pm
Woah. The amount of variables you must have used is crazy!
But on a serious note this looks amazing, loving what you've done with the projectiles.
I've been waiting for someone to create a Chameleon or Akuma taking inspiration from the MK vs SF 3 flash!

I'm hyped.

Already been done. If your looking for an Mk VS SF3 faithful Akuma and Chameleon look at ESFAndy's version of each. They are almost 100% faithful to the flash. I've also got my own interpretation of Shin2 Akuma that I've been working on for a long time. But it's going to be awhile before it's finished. (No specific date set. I work on it in my spare time. Oh and I'm not including links for anything I've discussed here out of respect for OP. But I sent you a PM for ESFAndy's version(s) )

@OP - I have to say the Projectile work is PRETTY SWEET! I don't think I've ever seen a character do something like that with Projectiles! It must have been a bitch to code! So you've definitely got me waiting on the complete and finished product. (downloading)

EDIT: Overall though this character looks to be the most interesting version of the Chameleon from the flash to date. While it's not faithful in most aspects, it draws inspiration from the flash while including ALOT of it's own unique features! So again, while I haven't personally played it yet(that will change SOON!), I can't wait for the polished product!
Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:06:02 pm by xPreatorianx1
#15  August 01, 2014, 05:40:04 am
  • GEE GEE
thanks guys! oh ya no worries, Andy absolutely deserves credit ESFAndy In fact. there are tons of people I have to credit. I just haven't gotten around to backtracking cos my current pathway is development -> optimization -> standardization -> formalities (credits).

ya initially i thought that programming the growing fire ball was challenging. I was so wrong haha. the biggest challenge (by far) was reversing time in darkside's combo system. There were so many things that needed to be considered.. and backwards-- for an effect that didn't even add much to the gameplay.

When I first saw andy's chameleon, I recognized that chameleon has a trait, a theme that very few mugen characters have -- and that's adaptability. other characters are imprisoned by their theme. Because of the way they look, they'll never be able do certain things, i mean, they could, but it would feel out of line (like uhh idk.. Ryu... the vampiric cyber-cheerleader). but if the character is expected to be malleable, then he could change anything about himself and it wouldn't feel weird.

Ya try him and tell me what you think. I'm really aiming at diversifying chameleon (a mage fighter) and darkside (an assassin). cos I don't have a very diverse gaming background (I've only played killer instinct and MK as a kid).
wat.
#16  August 06, 2014, 07:18:41 am
  • I can take'em out with my fists
Great innovation would be nice if someone made that proxide akuma with more moves like this and that size is OK would make a 2on2 battle in mugen 1.1 more interesting
#17  August 06, 2014, 01:22:41 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Was actually pretty curious about how this Chameleon will play out (since I am quite a fan of the flash series itself), so I downloaded the prototype that you have as of now. I.. have some things to address as of now:

-Why is Chameleon small in the first place?

(In fact, I checked his CNS; both of his x and y scale are .43.. Why can't you put them in "1" instead, like on the next 2 screenshots?)

-Why does most of his attacks (including normals) have lightblue (invincibility) hitboxes?

-As a matter of fact, his standing normal's hitbox seems a bit too tall:

(at this point onward, I just set back his size to ".43", so that I can test him correctly rather than have most of his effects misaligned)

-Infinitely dashed if I keep doing qcf "z" in the air:

-Why is there an extra hitbox in Chameleon's acid spit?

It's unnecessarily long in length too.

-His "Breath of fire" have this seemingly unnecessary extra hitbox on the top:

-Hitbox is mis-aligned during his air kick:

-Speaking of said air kick, his red hitbox for it seems  a bit too big for it

(can't you at least cover his leg rather than the whole area?)

-Oh hi there walking jab of doom:

This is all I have for now. I may miss some, but I'm afraid this is all I can take.
#18  August 07, 2014, 05:42:36 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Did you read the thread? he said he is small to test platforming.
#19  August 07, 2014, 07:03:08 am
  • GEE GEE
Thanks for the feedback! Chameleon is half-sized because when I tested platforming fullsized, the camera would sometimes push him down through the ice clone platform. back then, Mugen 1.1 wasn't out, so we were locked in screen. now that mugen 1.1 is available, the character was too developed to convert. ya the hitboxes are currently very inaccurate. it's a difficult resize right now, because i'm using a custom hitbox method so helpers can communicate with each other - these do not scale with character scaling.

I'm currently in my development phase, so my objective is to get all my ideas functioning (sometimes they barely do). After, I'll then address the hitbox accuracies, scaling, damage/fairness, in my optimization phase (probably will get to it around November).

for transformable character, GRIM, I'm actually testing a different type of platforming, where both P1 and p2 can stand on a platform and fight on it, interestingly, the methods are completely different!! (ie. compared to what you see in super mario secret stage) I love it! I'll post a progress update vid in the next few days.
wat.
#20  August 07, 2014, 07:36:58 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Did you read the thread? he said he is small to test platforming.

Now that you mentioned it, I just checked. Whoops. (Then again, I don't have any stages or mini-games to test the platforming, so I'm not sure)

Still, with the other issues.. I just hope his infinite is fixed up as well, cause at this point I'm just not really enthusiastic about this Chameleon. But since he's in early development, I hope he turns out at least better than what I expected.